Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2018, 12:02   #121
BHPian

re: The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I think there is no "testing the water with Tiago first and then thinking about Tigor" now. Money and time has already been spent/invested on both cars.
Well you never know. Tata has been notorious for testing a lot of concepts and then not launching any of them.

Hopefully its different this time.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 10:25   #122
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago JTP spied ahead of launch

Thanks to Deepak Chowdhary for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-tiago-jtp01.jpg

A new images of the upcoming Tiago JTP have surfaced online. The test car appears to be the production-spec Tiago JTP.

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-tiago-jtp02.jpg

The Tiago JTP looks similar to the standard hatchback except for the dual-tone rear bumper, which has a rear fog lamp and twin-barrel exhaust tips. The car has a black roof and rear spoiler as well as a rear wiper. It also appears to have a JTP badge on the boot lid. Moving to the side, the car has blacked-out B-pillars and dual-tone alloy wheels shod with wider tyres. The front fenders have black inserts with JTP logos, while the black ORVMs have integrated turn signals. The front bumper has also been redesigned.

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-tiago-jtp03.jpg

The Tiago JTP is likely to be offered with black interiors with red accents around the air-conditioner vents. The centre console is housing a touchscreen infotainment system, which reportedly has Android Auto support. This particular car is finished in a shade of bright red.

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-tiago-jtp04.jpg

Tata Motors hasn't announced the engine that will power the Tiago JTP, however rumours suggest that it could get the 1.2-litre, turbocharged 3-cylinder petrol engine from the Nexon, paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 10:36   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Tiago JTP spied ahead of launch

Thanks to Deepak Chowdhary for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Thanks for the spy pics!

Lowered suspension looks great, as do the alloys, side skirts, tyres, and most of the other cosmetic changes.

I don't like the hanging silencer tips, the side panel badges or that shade of red. Should look Smashing in other colours.

With the Nexon engine, I'll be in queue pretty soon after launch.
Old 9th October 2018, 10:53   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Tata Motors hasn't announced the engine that will power the Tiago JTP, however rumours suggest that it could get the 1.2-litre, turbocharged 3-cylinder petrol engine from the Nexon, paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
We do have the engine specs communicated by Tata long back during Auto Expo. I hope production specs don't differ, however, I don't mind if Tata can raise the power output or even plonk in the 6-speed gearbox from Nexon!

Source
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 7feb18-product-note-Tiago-JTP-Tigor-JTP.pdf (319.9 KB, 1594 views)
ksameer1234 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 15:17   #125
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Tiago JTP will have more than 108 BHP

Tata Motors is gearing up to launch the Tiago JTP this festive season. According to a media report, the hatchback is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre, turbocharged petrol engine from the Nexon, but in a higher state of tune.

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-tiago-jtp01.jpg

In the Nexon, the engine produces 108 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 170 Nm @ 1,750-4,000 rpm and comes mated to a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed AMT. However, the Tiago JTP is likely to get a revised 5-speed manual transmission.

The Tiago JTP is expected to get lowered springs and a reduced ride height. Spy images indicate that the car could get wider tires compared to the standard Tiago.

In terms of styling, the Tiago JTP is likely to feature a new front bumper, a bonnet vent, a dual-tone rear bumper and a rear fog lamp. Test mules have been spotted sporting a twin-barrel exhaust tip, as well as black ORVMs, rear spoiler and roof panel. It is expected to come with black interiors with a large touchscreen infotainment system.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 15:36   #126
BHPian

OMFG! I really really hope that this news is true.

If Tata will price it Tata way(which is usually sensible & VFM), I am sure enthusiasts would welcome it wholeheartedly. A positive market response would be 'in your face' message to MSIL who isn't interested in bringing Swift RS in its biggest market.
Old 11th October 2018, 17:07   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
OMFG! I really really hope that this news is true.

If Tata will price it Tata way(which is usually sensible & VFM), I am sure enthusiasts would welcome it wholeheartedly. A positive market response would be 'in your face' message to MSIL who isn't interested in bringing Swift RS in its biggest market.
Swift RS with 2 star GNCAP safety rating? Good that they are not launching it here.

As for the thread, I'm more interested in Tigor JTP version. That sedan is the real worthy of a bigger and better engine. Apart from the engine, it is easily the best Compact sedan out there.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 17:33   #128
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car being tested on the track at Kari motor speedway, Coimbatore!

Boy! The Tiago JTP has a really good exhaust note! It's certainly audible, but not too intrusive! While standing from a distance, the exhaust note did get drowned out by the wind and tyre noise! And not to forget those sweet dual exhaust pipes! The car was quite fast and the engineers were pushing it hard! I even saw them launching the car from standstill and it did pick up speed pretty well! Atleast for a road car!

I also witnessed the 45X hatchback being tested on the track! Although fast, the exhaust was muted! Tata testing their cars on the track is something I'm yet to digest!

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-img_20181011_173522.jpg

Left to right: Regular Tiago, Tiago JTP and 45X hatchback.

Last edited by Turbohead : 11th October 2018 at 17:38.
Turbohead is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 10:31   #129
BHPian

Quote:
According to a media report, the hatchback is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre, turbocharged petrol engine from the Nexon, but in a higher state of tune.
Something doesn't add up here. Tiago uses TA65 version of the gearbox which has torque limitations of around 140 NM. Same gearbox powers Zest Petrol as well. It is for this reason that Zest petrol, Tiago diesel and petrol all make less than or equal to 140 NM torque. I guess this is the reason why JTP was listed to make 150 NM torque, which is less than 170 NM, which the same engine makes in Nexon.

Now, unless Tata is using a different gearbox, I wonder how JTP can handle more than 150 NM torque. From the day JTP was announced, I have been wishing for 6-speed gearbox, I hope Tata is able to pleasantly surprise everyone by giving the gearbox from Nexon

If not, the statement from Pareek might as well be enthusiastic marketing speak.
ksameer1234 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 11:35   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata Tiago and Tigor JTP cars to be unveiled on 23rd October: Turbo-charged Baleno RS rival and Sedan coming soon!

It’s official! Tata’s new performance brand JTP will make its presence felt on the 24th of October 2018. The brand which involves a coalition between Tata Motors and Coimbatore based Jayem Auto will launch a range of Tata based performance cars that will take on the likes of the Polo GT TSI and Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS.

Full report here
Baleno RS rival? I don't know how they even compare two cars that are two segments apart. The Tiago is Celerio-sized, not Swift (a size bigger), not the Baleno (one more bigger). But, this resolves the grouse on the Tigor launch. Wish they could have done it together. Would have saved the negativity.

Looking forward to it. On a side note, my cousin who swears by used cars (has a Mercedes C-Class AMG, a Mitusubishi Outlander and a puny Chevrolet Spark) was astonished at the fact that unlike most used cars he test-drives, my Vista was driving like new (he drove it for the first time yesterday) and was surprised to see 136000 kms on the odo. He said, the engine and suspension hadn't lost a beat. The car is almost 7 years old.
discoverwild is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 12:33   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Tiago JTP, Tigor JTP launch on October 26th.

Quote:
The Tata Tiago JTP and the Tigor JTP will be powered by the same 1.2-litre, three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine found in the Nexon compact SUV, with tweaks to the intake and exhaust systems for improved performance.

These improvements will see the turbo-petrol engine churn out more power and torque in the Tiago JTP and the Tigor JTP than it does in the Nexon, figures for which are pegged at 110hp and 170Nm
Quote:
both cars are likely to be priced at a Rs 1 lakh premium over the standard versions
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th October 2018 at 12:35.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 18:26   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Training for the JTP twins has commenced at Coimbatore from 18th October onwards.
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 19:39   #133
Senior - BHPian

Here are pics of the Tigor JTP test mule I spotted a month back.

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-e40e6d1afa3b4b4498529d6c0926ccdb.jpeg

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-71943227aa7c4f4ba043e6a3b536d21d.jpeg
DRIV3R is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 01:17   #134
bkc
BHPian

Tiago JTP will be the smallest, smart and powerful hatch

Hope the exhaust note is sporty like the dragon series.

Last edited by bkc : 21st October 2018 at 01:21.
Old 21st October 2018, 11:40   #135
Senior - BHPian

Tyres on the Tiago looks very thin, they are 175 section at the best, lets see how it handles and brakes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks