Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 10:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs

But wont it be a little confusing, when the more expensive Bolt and Zest will get to do with a 90 PS motor? Bolt cannibalization is inevitable, unless one wants slightly more upmarket interiors and more space, the petrol Bolt makes not much sense.
Old 25th August 2016, 10:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago Sport rendered by MotorCruze.

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-tiago-sport-rendering.jpg
dZired is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 10:52   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
But wont it be a little confusing, when the more expensive Bolt and Zest will get to do with a 90 PS motor? Bolt cannibalization is inevitable, unless one wants slightly more upmarket interiors and more space, the petrol Bolt makes not much sense.
I believe Tata must have written off the Bolt already and is focusing on the Tiago only right now.

IMO, rather than going the full length with extensive performance options like a full suspension+brakes+engine upgrade, they should start with slight and more importantly, less expensive tweaks to the existing car. A Tiago, with a more powerful engine (100+ BHP), bigger discs, stiffer springs and maybe, some optional body kits, which they can sell for 60-80k extra, will be best to test the waters initially. If they launch a full blown performance car, there won't be many takers.

Looking at our market, buyers who want performance cars and are not bothered by the FE, will look at the TSi and the Abarth (and maybe the RS, depending on its performance). They wouldn't mind the sticker price too and they are getting a much bigger car. People are ready to accept a 'smaller' car, will be ready to pay a much smaller price too. If the performance version of Tiago has a 2L premium, then the 'average' buyer will always swayed towards a loaded 'bigger' Baleno or the i20.
Old 25th August 2016, 10:54   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
....Fiatreadeverything wrong about India and except the brilliant engine, nothing was right. So quoting 12L for a sportier version didn't get many takers.
The problems with Fiat starts with their very lean network of sales & service. Product comes second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
There is a report that Bolt may be restricted to commercial segment. Plus, Zest is more of a commuter car. A 90 bhp works fine there. Again, not something which is on fire on sales charts, so quite passable if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Tata Tiago Sport rendered by MotorCruze...
Lovely color. I really hope they have some exclusive colours on offer as well. The Aquarius blue (Fiesta S) still can make one hold their breath when it passes by.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th August 2016 at 10:58.
Old 25th August 2016, 11:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Even if you load it to the gills charging a huge premium would kill the product. Tata has neither the image nor the capability to pull this off. What they can do is tweak the existing product and set right the responses of the weak petrol engine and get the a/c to work better.
Old 30th August 2016, 14:56   #36
BHPian

Tata Tiago Sport rendering by IAB's SRK Designs.

source : http://indianautosblog.com/2016/08/t...ndering-240817
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-tatatiagosportiabrendering1024x768.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 16:11   #37
BHPian

^^ Seems like a Abarth Punto inspired Tiago from IAB !
Old 31st August 2016, 15:49   #38
BHPian

Oh no, TATA! Please don't ruin such a beauty with that red paint job. Those red door handles are way too gaudy. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, but the car would be best left untouched -- look-wise! Blackened headlights and the alloys are good enough IMHO.
Old 1st September 2016, 11:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The problems with Fiat starts with their very lean network of sales & service. Product comes second.
Never questioned their products. Only their approach. Not having their own service network or their own team for sales in the Tata-Fiat JV. Everything matters.

Tata failed with their QC horribly and have been left licking their wounds for the best part of a decade and half. The Tiago has shown promise and the new launches will hopefully hold them in good steed.
Old 5th December 2017, 20:50   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata to bring Tiago Sport with 110BHP within the next 2 months, with a 1.2L, 3-cylinder turbocharged engine borrowed from the Nexon under the hood.
RavenAvi is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 21:07   #41
BHPian

Great news, if they launch this before Swift Sport, this will be the cheapest hot hatch available.
Hope they don't spoil it by overdoing the exterior.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 21:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata to bring Tiago Sport with 110BHP within the next 2 months, with a 1.2L, 3-cylinder turbocharged engine borrowed from the Nexon under the hood.
Specification seems to be good for a hatchback.
Price ?
Any information about the transmission ?
MT or AMT or AT (proper automatic like Hexa)
Old 5th December 2017, 22:39   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

I swear ever since the Nexon launch I have been wondering if TATA would look to use the 1.2 Turbo in Tiago and Tigor. I literally was day dreaming last few days about how they could use it as a Sports model for Tiago and simply replace the regular 1.2 in Tigor with 1.2 Turbo la Nexon!

I know its no great shakes but damn if I can't say I saw that coming!

Great news!
Elito11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 23:14   #44
BHPian

They should have launched it on the tigor before than the tiago. The tigor isn't selling well and this would have been the perfect addition to make it on par with competition
kvish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 00:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

When I looked at the title of the thread, the instant thought which came into my mind was, Oh! Its the new Tata, it won't just be a vinyl job. Then I read @RavenAvi's post. And it proved me right.

There will be Tata haters going, "Oh! Why didn't they do this, why didn't they do that." But, the fact is, there are very few players in this market, who'll take the 'Sport' moniker seriously. And, Tata has become one of them.

Way to go, Tata!
ashutoshb is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed