Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2017, 08:24   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)

Spotted the face lifted Grand i10 at a showroom in Bhilai. The bumpers were covered with plastic. Wheel covers have a new design too. Unfortunately I was in a hurry so could click only one pic. There were many of these in stockyard.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-img_5032.jpg  

AkMar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 18:24   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's face lifted Grand i10 reaches dealers,
Link

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-.jpg
Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-b.jpg
Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-11.jpg
Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-c.jpg
Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-f.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th January 2017 at 18:39.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 18:38   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Birdie DD sends these in, and says hello!

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-w1.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-w2.jpg

And here is the confirmation of the all-new 1.2L, 3-cylinder diesel powerplant. Indicated as a "1.2D" badge on the bottom right of the boot:

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-untitled.jpg
(Source)

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th January 2017 at 18:46. Reason: added the zoomed 1.2D image
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 19:27   #64
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I heartily welcome the new 1.2 litre CRDi motor with better power, torque & (presumably) top-end whack but otherwise, I'm quite disappointed by what I see in these pictures. Nope, make that very disappointed!

Still no height adjustable front or rear neck-restraints even on the Sportz variant, no DRLs (LED or not) like on the facelifted international i10 and no parking sensors(?) or reverse camera in sight. Even the excellent integrated roof-rails & thick body side mouldings seem to be missing from the Sportz variant.

Or is it? I can spot integrated roof-rails on another Sportz variant in the above pictures - so there may be a Sportz and a Sportz(O) after all.

If the Asta or Asta(O) doesn't get height adjustable front & rear neck-restraints, side & curtain airbags, LED DRLs & a reverse camera, then I'd be extremely disappointed!

Ford is not only providing side & curtain airbags on the Titanium+ variant of the Figo (a direct competitor to the Grand i10), but they're also offering it as a paid option on the Titanium now.

Learn from Ford, Hyundai, learn from Ford!

The above is applicable to not only Hyundai, but every other mass-market manufacturer in India as well!

Last edited by RSR : 28th January 2017 at 19:36.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 19:39   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 Hyundai Grand i10 facelift launched in India at Rs 4.58 lakh.

Hyundai India has silently launched the same model here albeit with the Grand i10 moniker. The face-lifted Hyundai Grand i10 is priced between Rs 4.58 lakh-Rs 6.40 lakh for the petrol trims, and Rs 5.68 lakh-Rs 7.33 lakh for the diesel, ex-Delhi.

Quote:
While the base petrol is now cheaper by around Rs 30,000 compared to the outgoing car, the top end diesel price has increased by a similar amount.
Quote:
The diesel engine is now 1.2-litre in capacity as compared to the 1.1l U2 unit in the older car. This engine produces more power, most likely 75PS and is more fuel efficient too. It is available with a 5-speed manual gearbox only, while the 1.2l petrol motor can be optioned with an automatic on the Magna and Sportz (O) trims. The petrol engine makes the same 85PS of power but boasts an improvement in fuel efficiency. Both the engines are Euro IV compliant
Quote:
The front and rear bumpers too are new and so is the fog lamp design. LED DRLs add to the design quotient. The first-gen Grand i10 started the diamond-cut alloy trend and the new car carries it forward with smarter looking wheels.
Quote:
the infotainment system is now even more advanced. A 7-inch touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay, MirrorLink and Android Auto debuts in the new Hyundai Grand i10. It has navigation too and carries forward the 1gb music storage from the previous version. Hyundai have also added voice commands as seen on some Maruti and Ford products. The infotainment system is also the display for the reverse
Quote:
Parking sensors too are available. Other features like the auto dimming rear view mirror, climate control, rear AC vent, electrically adjustable and foldable mirrors are also part of the package.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th January 2017 at 19:44.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 22:52   #66
BHPian

Prices for the 2017 Hyundai Grand i10 revealed.

In the engine front, major update comes in the form of a 1.2 Ltr diesel engine instead of the 1.1 Ltr earlier. Auto AC, rear view camera, touch screen AV-N which also has apple car play and Android auto makes a welcome entry to the 2017 edition.

Ignis effect in terms of pricing is clearly evident.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-1485623929782.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-1485623942086.jpg  

The Hurricane is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 00:08   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post

Ignis effect in terms of pricing is clearly evident.
I don't think either Ignis or i10 are overpriced, just that Baleno is so stunningly priced that it makes every car look overpriced. Baleno is just 60k more and considering current variants, its significantly more loaded and would make more sense, definitely.

But when we begin to compare it with i20, the gap is significant, and it seems more decently priced.

With regards to diesel, would be extremely difficult to see this over Maruti Swift or even the Ford Figo, which have much better engines, at a very similar price band.
Old 29th January 2017, 10:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
How are the safety features variant wise? any idea?
Old 29th January 2017, 10:26   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
How are the safety features variant wise? any idea?
Nope yet to receive the variant wise details. I am sure we would see many standard safety features considering Ignis has the same. For sure Hyundai to follow. In a few more days the variant list should be out.
The Hurricane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 10:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

According to Overdrive it has been released. Here is the Overdrive report.

If it is accurate the Grand i10 gets a 1.2 litre diesel that puts out 75 bhp. Interior wise after seeing the Ignis, I do not think that the Ignis comes anyway close to the sheer build and finish of the Hyundais. All Hyundai cars give you that special feeling in the interior of a car couple of segments above. As Marutis go, the Ignis is a great leap forward but not yet matching the Grand i10. One area where the Nexa cars have got the Hyundais covered is in the AVN segment. The touchscreen of the Balenos, Ignis etc are much ahead of what the segment offers right upto the Creta.

That said the Grand i10 is a very strong contender and the new updates make it even more so. Especially the engines where the diesel gets more power and the petrol is tuned for more fuel efficiency.

Design front I do not quite like the black insert on the rear bumper. The previous iteration looked much cleaner. Hyundai should keep that aside for some crossover variant. I do like the way the black insert on the C pillar gives the side on view of the window line a different look.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 29th January 2017 at 10:46.
Old 29th January 2017, 10:59   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And here is the confirmation of the all-new 1.2L, 3-cylinder diesel powerplant. Indicated as a "1.2D" badge on the bottom right of the boot
With the number of birdies providing you scoops, you have become an aviarist already. :-D

Back to the point, in my view its a massive improvement on what was already, a good looking, spacious and practical hatchback. It follows on the clean design yet with some interesting elements like the cascading grille and usage of rectangular floating pegs within the grille, replacing the normal horizontal lines of the previous model. Only wish they had blackened the headlights and given projectors for better light throw in darkness, will also give it an "eye" effect which I love in cars.

Its a very soft launch, and the response seems to be even more muted but I feel this is the best looking car in its class, conservative yet young, not at all flashy yet full of substance and the touchscreen integration is the best I've seen yet, just the right size and one can easily mirror the phone using Android/Apple, not that it's very important.

Good move by the company, the cascading grille looks superb in my view and the models getting updated with it will get an altogether different premium look, straight lines are passe, curves in the right places can do wonders. Having driven the Grand i10 everything felt right even in the brief drive, the engine refinement, visibility, suspension, comfort and driving position. I do hope it comes with 175 section tyres as default now, else one should upgrade it to that size, rest are all Perfect as a city vehicle.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 11:37   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Pricing comparison - older Grand i10 vs facelifted Grand i10.

All prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-untitled.png

Prices of the base models have been slashed to make the Grand i10 lineup look VFM. The petrol base sees a big price cut.

The Asta petrol trim sees a significant price increase, compared to the older Asta (O) petrol variant, which is now discontinued.

You now get the Sportz (O) AT for around the same price as the Asta (O) AT earlier.

Difference between Magna & Magna AT = 76,000 rupees,
Difference between Sportz (O) & Sportz (O) AT = 86,000 rupees.

In the diesel lineup, Sportz & Asta variants are now costlier. But then this is an all-new diesel engine. The 1.2L Asta is now priced at almost 34,000 rupees more than the equivalent 1.1L Asta (O), which is now discontinued.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 13:49   #73
RSR
Senior - BHPian

So my disappointment does not turn out to be extreme, thankfully. The 2017 facelift does get a reverse camera, LED DRLs, rear height-adjustable neck restraints, plus stuff like automatic climate control (with an excellent cluster ioniser!), a touchscreen SAT-NAV system with reversing display, voice commands etc. on the top variant at least.

I'm disappointed by the lack of only two now -> height-adjustable front neck restraints and side & curtain airbags. The former is available on the export variants. I simply can't understand why the folks at Hyundai India cannot provide it on the domestic ones. I hope at least the Xcent facelift gets it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post

With the number of birdies providing you scoops, you have become an aviarist already.
Yes indeed! RavenAvi's avatar is a well-chosen one, for it very accurately reflects the man himself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post

I do hope it comes with 175 section tyres as default now, else one should upgrade it to that size, rest are all Perfect as a city vehicle.
True, an upgrade to either 175/65 R14 or 185/60 R14 (depending on personal preferences) would only improve its (already good) behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

But then this is an all-new diesel engine.
The earlier 3-pot 1120cc CRDi mill offers good low-end performance & everyday driveability. It's fairly refined as well, on par with some other 4-pot diesel motors (but not Hyundai's own 4-pot diesels).

I hope the new 1.2 CRDi retains the characteristics of the 1.1 CRDi, while offering better top-end performance.

Since this is a new engine, I do hope Hyundai hold a media drive event for the facelifted Grand i10!

Last edited by RSR : 29th January 2017 at 13:54.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 15:24   #74
BHPian

I just wish they had specced the top end with optional 6 airbags feature.I think 6 air bags would be a perfect top variant for this car. No matter the demand.Maruti is just grabbing the safety tag too much without actually providing safe vehicles or at least proof of improved safety.Hyundai needs to grab some headlines with safety announcements.Maybe LIDAR for future upgrades vehicles now that government has allowed some frequencies to be used.
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 12:30   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Spotted the face lifted Grand i10 at a showroom in Bhilai. The bumpers were covered with plastic. Wheel covers have a new design too. Unfortunately I was in a hurry so could click only one pic. There were many of these in stockyard.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

If I am seeing it correctly, they have skipped the rear adjustable headrests and defogger on Sportz variant.

Since the October 2017 deadline for standard safety equipment is not that far, I really hope that Hyundai has grabbed this facelift opportunity to make the dual airbags standard across all variants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks