Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 09:58   #121
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Pre Facelift Asta didn't have ABS & Airbags. Manual was offered with Option Pack, but Auto didn't.

In fact, ever since the Grand i10 was launched, the Automatic versions didn't have Safety Features.
So basically, you can either get convenience or safety! Than it an interesting way to position variants.

Has anyone check on the kind of response this facelift has got? I didn't see any news article or posts about the no. of booking or waiting period.
Old 7th February 2017, 11:00   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Pre Facelift Asta didn't have ABS & Airbags. Manual was offered with Option Pack, but Auto didn't.

In fact, ever since the Grand i10 was launched, the Automatic versions didn't have Safety Features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
So basically, you can either get convenience or safety! Than it an interesting way to position variants.
- was not the case with old i10 (till 2009) - infact when I bought my car, i10 auto used to come in magna, sportz and asta - all 3 variants ! Sure it wasn't laden with gizmos (infact my car has manual stick type mirror adjustors), but had the right safety features (magna AT had nothing, sportz AT had rear defogger+wiper, asta AT had abs+airbags+rear defogger+wiper).
The bling happy junta seems not to care for safety, but are all praise for touchscreen here and electricals there !

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
Has anyone check on the kind of response this facelift has got? I didn't see any news article or posts about the no. of booking or waiting period.

NDTV auto report

http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/exclusi...from=home-auto
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 11:28   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI reviews the 2017 Grand i10 facelift.

Excerpt:

Quote:
On the move, this diesel engine also retains its refined yet responsive character. It still vibrates quite a bit at idle and this vibration can get a bit annoying too, but all this disappears once you put your foot down. Get a few revs up and the three-cylinder smoothens up so nicely that it feels almost petrol-like. Power is delivered in a very linear manner and there’s no noticeable turbo lag to speak of. The additional power and torque also mean that it feels a bit more eager off the line, and press down further – and unlike earlier, where you hit a wall – the Grand i10 now powers on for a bit, with plenty more performance on tap.
The other area where this car is improved is ride and handling. It now takes to the road like a much bigger, more expensive car with commendable sound insulation and good bump absorption. And the little bit of an edge that the earlier car had over sharp bumps, Hyundai seems to have been able to get rid of that too. Even pitching and bobbing on wavy surfaces are well-controlled and the car feels planted and confidence-inspiring at highway speeds.
Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-20170206065722_dsc_0255.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-20170206065722_dsc_0235.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 11:31   #124
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Don't think an Asta AT was ever sold by Hyundai without ABS / Airbags.

It was my son has one. Bought in Oct 2015. After that they added air bags & abs.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 11:53   #125
BHPian

Seriously. The logic beats me. Why is it thought that a person who plans to buy an AT is a person who is okay to compromise on ABS, Seat height adjuster and a rear wiper? I mean a rear wiper is now an object of desirability to select a variant? So then I can go and proudly announce that "Hey! Did you know? My car has a rear wiper". And the audience (starry eyed, of course) start thinking "Wow! This man has arrived in life".

Why not just provide the Auto as an option on the Asta and let the consumer choose. If he/she does not want then he/she won't buy. But at least you will attract those customers who are willing to pay that extra so that they get the best deal.

Maybe the logic was to somehow keep the top end variant below 7 lakhs. But seriously, I really fail to understand the 'Grand' logic (pun intended) - if any!
ptushar is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:33   #126
Senior - BHPian

I take it as an opportunity for Honda to indulge in a marketing blitz for the Brio. The AT Brio has a cog extra, is equally (if not more) refined and easy to drive, the new interiors are quite acceptable too.
This is a serious omission on Hyundai's part. Atleast 20% of the i10s I see here in Urban Pune are Asta Automatics. Hope they reintroduce it like they did just before the facelift.
sajo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:47   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I take it as an opportunity for Honda ...
And an opportunity for Ford too.

If I want a competent fully loaded AT car, why won't I buy the Figo 1.5P AT?

Compared to the highest Grand i10 AT variant (Sportz(O)), It's got a (arguably) superior transmission, bigger engine, auto AC, rear wash/wipe, ABS, 2 airbags minimum (plus side+curtain airbags as options), ESP+TCS+HLA, and slightly wider tires too !

Ex Delhi prices are 6.86 vs 7.43 Lakhs for Grand i10 Sportz (O) AT metallic vs Figo 1.5P AT.

The extra features are surely work the 60K difference in price IMO.

Also - with the level of sales Figo has, I believe it would be easy to get some discounts to make the difference even less.
blackasta is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:55   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If I want a competent fully loaded AT car, why won't I buy the Figo 1.5P AT?
Figo doesn't have a colour touchscreen. To the masses who make up the sales volume, its game over right there.

Humour aside, the feature list of the Grand i10 - from a marketing standpoint - is very impressive, combined with the fact that Ford have curiously omitted some items expected as standard fitment like the parking sensors.

A discerning customer will appreciate the Figo on its merits, but many others will go in for the car that offers more "sexy" features, and the Grand i10 is packed with those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
"Hey! Did you know? My car has a rear wiper". And the audience (starry eyed, of course) start thinking "Wow! This man has arrived in life".
Thanks for making me literally laugh out loud!

Last edited by arunphilip : 7th February 2017 at 12:56.
arunphilip is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 01:05   #129
BHPian

Yeah so this facelift is just bling overall and a bump in power for the diesel.
After looking at the feature list for the European spec model, I was a bit put off that I got the Grand i10 Auto just a few months before the facelift launch.

But after the specs are out, I laughed it off. No AT in Asta. My main contention was to get an automatic hatch with all the safety features and without the ridiculous wait times quoted by others and this car ticked those boxes. Jazz and Baleno were a bit pricey and so was the Figo. Having a Fiesta already, I wasn't much interested in showing so much loyalty toward Ford.

I'm a proud owner of a rare variant it seems
For almost the same price on road as that of Sports (O) AT, I have ABS, Airbags, rear defogger, wash-wipe and those bling things like a push button start, request button, chrome door handles and auto-folding mirrors etc. The Sports (O) AT gets a defogger but not a wash-wipe.
I feel like the Deewar dialog between AB and Shashi Kapoor - tumhare paas kya hai!

The bigger touch screen is something that I personally see as a distraction and the auto-AC is all that I missed but that's not available on the Sports (O) AT anyway. So no milk spilled... no cry

Last edited by adneeraj : 8th February 2017 at 01:15. Reason: corrected the feature list between Sportz (O) AT and Asta AT
adneeraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 07:26   #130
BHPian

Overdrive has come out with their review of facelifted Grand i10. Surprisingly they point out poor road noise insulation in the cabin. The new engine too is evolutionary rather than being an all new unit.

Old 8th February 2017, 18:33   #131
Senior - BHPian

Is tbhp doing a review for the facelifted Grand i10?
Old 9th February 2017, 20:50   #132
BHPian

Autocar India have come up with their review for facelifted Gran i10.
They complain of poor NVH at startup and complement the car for a being a very easy urban runabout.
The new diesel engine brings in better performance too.

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-i10performance.jpg

Last edited by PraNeel : 9th February 2017 at 20:52.
PraNeel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 23:28   #133
BHPian

Went to check out Grand i10 AT for a friend.

Even though I corrected the SE couple of times about the Torque Converter AT, he was hell bent that it's an AMT and was referring to the manual override.

Is there a change in gearbox technology which I'm not aware. Did they change the gearbox from TC to AMT in the face-lift. Whether manual override in AT was available in 2016 models?
Old 27th March 2017, 10:46   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Whether manual override in AT was available in 2016 models?
I bought AT Asta in Sep 2016. Manual Override is available.
Avinash_R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 12:52   #135
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post

Is there a change in gearbox technology which I'm not aware. Did they change the gearbox from TC to AMT in the face-lift.
It was just an ill-informed salesman degrading his own product with his ignorance. He needs to be put back into training immediately!

The Grand i10 has always had a proper 4-speed TC gearbox for the automatic variants, and continues to do so. No pseudo-AT in the form of an AMT on the Grand i10, thankfully!

That ill-informed salesman has mistaken the "tip-tronic" function (manual selection) on the Grand i10 AT (where one has + and - gear slots with the M mode) to be a cheap AMT.

Last edited by RSR : 27th March 2017 at 12:56.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks