Team-BHP - Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/179138-hyundai-grand-i10-facelift-edit-now-launched-page-8-a.html)

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-gi101.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-gi102.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-gi103.jpg

Quote:

Hyundai has begun testing the Grand i10 facelift with the current model nearing the three-year mark.Pictures of a test mule have surfaced on the web showing a car with the front, doors and tailgate covered, and wearing new designed alloy wheels. It will be safe to expect a similar facelift for the Grand i10-based Xcent compact sedan as well, in the near future.

There were no pictures of the interior though we expect the cabin to also feature some changes. Mechanically, the Grand i10 facelift is expected to carry forward using the existing 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol and 1.1-litre three-cylinder diesel engines from the current model.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-402795.aspx

I just booked one with the minimum booking amount. With no correct timeline from Hyundai, I am confused whether to wait for this or go ahead with my booking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avinash_R (Post 4037758)
I just booked one with the minimum booking amount. With no correct timeline from Hyundai, I am confused whether to wait for this or go ahead with my booking.

I think Hyundai would launch Grand I10 facelift during festive season. 3 years timeline is due for facelift. It would be just cosmetic changes. Hyundai might add few extra features too. If you are going for the current variant, try to push for good discounts :).

Thanks Naren. Looking closely at the pictures, I guess I can see that they finally have adjustable front head rests. And those alloys look absolutely amazing. Once again, a very good design by Hyundai. A good car which I considered to buy before going for the Baleno.

Yep, one can spot the adjustable front neck-restraints on the facelifted test mule: clap:

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-screenshot_20160818195934.jpg

I want Hyundai to go the entire distance on safety and provide side & curtain airbags on the top variant. If they do it, the facelifted Grand i10 will become a contender (along with the Figo/Aspire twins) to replace our i10.

The new alloys look cool indeed, but I don't see daytime running lamps. :Frustrati

Here's my wish list for the facelift:

- Don't mess with the looks, don't go overboard. The Grand i10 is a great looking hatchback. Keep it classy :thumbs up.

- The Xcent's climate control. Come on, the premium interiors deserve it!

- Proper MID, auto locking doors, dead pedal. Height-adjustable seatbelts would be nice, but I know there's little chance of them being offered.

- Can we also expect a more powerful diesel? One of the biggest disadvantages of the Grand i10 diesel is its lack of horsepower. RavenAvi had scooped the 1.2L diesel being imported into the country (link).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avinash_R (Post 4037758)
With no correct timeline from Hyundai, I am confused whether to wait for this or go ahead with my booking.

I'd suggest waiting. If there is a major update coming, you'll experience heartburn.

I have a concern.

Did they just move the ORVM integrated indicators and back to old school fender based indicators ??:deadhorse

Assuming this is the top model with Diamond cut alloy wheels.
Currently Magna has this setup of indicators on the fender... however not sure if they'd downgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIAT3031 (Post 4038374)
I have a concern.

Did they just move the ORVM integrated indicators and back to old school fender based indicators ??:deadhorse

Assuming this is the top model with Diamond cut alloy wheels.
Currently Magna has this setup of indicators on the fender... however not sure if they'd downgrade

IMO fender based indicators are better.
In congested towns, often the ORVMs (provided you keep them open!!) act as wideness gauges and take the battering from other vehicles. There is a big chance of indicators cracking from the impact.

I hope they have finally added the simple DTE and FE statistics like every other car in this segment.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4038171)
Here's my wish list for the facelift

In addition to this, I wish to have a proper adjustable neck restraint type front seats (as offered in European models ) instead of integrated neck restraint type front seats.

Is Hyundai planning to launch Grandi10X (launched in Indonesia) as a facelift here in India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Drive (Post 4039862)
In addition to this, I wish to have a proper adjustable neck restraint type front seats (as offered in European models ) instead of integrated neck restraint type front seats.

Is Hyundai planning to launch Grandi10X (launched in Indonesia) as a facelift here in India?

When Xcent was caught testing, the spyshots had front adjustable headrests. At that point of time, I thought that those seats with adjustable head rests can be installed in my grand i10.

As it turned out, the domestic cars had fixed front headrests and not adjustable ones.

There is a very less chance IMO that facelifted car will have better seats with those adjustable headrests.

Edit : Link to the spyshot Post

This could be it. All the way from UK.

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-i10ac01-1.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaii1002.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaii1005.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-i10ac02.jpg

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 4046388)
This could be it. All the way from UK.

Thank you deetjohn for sharing the info. :thumbs up

IMO, if that is what the facelift is going to look like, Long Live the Current Owners of the current Grand I10. That looks so not like Hyundai's Fluidic design.

It looks Full-idi(otic) to say the least !! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4046397)
Thank you deetjohn for sharing the info. :thumbs up

IMO, if that is what the facelift is going to look like, Long Live the Current Owners of the current Grand I10. That looks so not like Hyundai's Fluidic design.

It looks Full-idi(otic) to say the least !! :Frustrati

Did you not like it?

I think it looks great, gives an almost rally car like look with the high mounted fog lights/DRLs and the aggressive bumper