Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2016, 20:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser_D View Post
The sad thing is that my friend had recently made a booking few days ago at V3 Hyundai in Chennai, Thiruvanmiyur showroom for the current model. He is purchasing through loan and also paid a down payment, Rs 1.5L today evening to the dealer.....
He can very well go ahead and cancel the booking. Max they might charge him some cancellation charges. Till the vehicle is registered in your name, you can always make changes. It's not like you have ordered a custom built car or something. He can wait it out till Jan. Just make sure the bank doesn't disburse the amount to the dealer, else he will be paying EMI's on a car he doesn't own.

EDIT: My friend got about 60k off the list price of a full option Grand i10. This was in Jan 2016. If you wait another 15 days, December is the time to land so really sweet deals on new car purchases.

Last edited by longhorn : 19th November 2016 at 20:52.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 23:12   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post

EDIT: My friend got about 60k off the list price of a full option Grand i10. This was in Jan 2016. If you wait another 15 days, December is the time to land so really sweet deals on new car purchases.

Thanks longhorn. We will give an attempt to hold the process.

As per the news, the India bound facelift would be similar to that of UK specs. So we could expect some minor design changes in the grille and bumpers on the exterior side. As far as the interiors are concerned, touch screen ICE with satellite navigation is expected to be available.

I think the dealer had offered him around 50K discount on top end Asta. Considering the current liquidity crunch and also the fact that we are approaching year end, dealer would be in tremendous pressure to meet the target. This would definitely help the potential buyers to get some good deals in the coming week's, if not bothered about the manufacturing year.
Old 19th November 2016, 23:17   #48
BHPian

Why didn't they redesign the rear end? The tail lamps especially look too small and make the rear look plain and feature less. They could have elongated the tail lamps slightly to make the design in line the new design language of the i20, Creta etc.

The new touchscreen and climate control are much appreciated. I also hope they for the 4 spoke alloy wheel design which was used on the early test mules.
Old 20th November 2016, 21:27   #49

The glass area of the rear door is increased for Grands of Indian manufacture, right from the first Grand. So the Indian Grands will not have the 'Maruti A Star' profile at the rear.

In essence, all that Hyundai is doing is changing the bumper design. Rear lamps in the bumper with working bulbs would be a welcome addition.
Old 21st November 2016, 13:06   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big shoutout to Rajesh Krishnamoorthy for sharing this video! Thank you.

Quote:
Managed to record a video of a test vehicle that resembled a Grand i10 while on my way from Bangalore. Saw this vehicle being tested alongside a Tucson. Location was between Ambur and Vellore.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 10:18   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted doing the testing rounds outside Chennai by a Carwale spy.

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-2017hyundaigrandi1084891.jpg

Quote:
Despite the camouflage, the hatchback sports a bigger hexagonal grille integrated with LED DRLs and a reworked bumper. New 14-inch alloy wheels, a redesigned rear bumper and tail gate are other changes that the Indian model might also get as a mid-life makeover.

The interior of the upcoming Grandi10 is also expected to be refreshed with new upholstery and features. The overall layout and design will remain the same, but Hyundai might add in an updated infotainment system and automatic climate control amongst other features.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 17:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 facelift might launch this month

Thank you to Team-BHP fan Ehtesham Mahmood for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

As per Hyundai Motor Company's global strategy, the Grand i10 facelift is scheduled to launch in December 2016. Since the car has already been spotted testing multiple times on Indian roads over the past couple of months, it is safe to judge that it is ready for launch. As a result, there is indeed a possibility that the Korean automaker might officially launch the facelifted Grand i10 later this month.

The company's global strategy report (image attached) mentions December to be the launch month of the 'i10 facelift'. Since the Grand i10 is sold under the i10 brand name in international markets, and production of the old i10 hatchback in India has already been stopped without any facelift in the pipeline, the only model left to be launched is the facelifted Grand i10.

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-grandi10-watermark1.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 1st December 2016 at 17:20.
dZired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 18:48   #53
BHPian

A wonderful news, but what is surprising is the fact that the slide posted above has no mention of Tuscon which has been launched recently.

The new model launch in 2015 & 2016 has i20Cross, Creta, Elantra and i10 facelift. It is also clear that the slide is with specific reference to the Indian region as mentioned on the top.

The exact sequence should have been i20Cross, Creta, Elantra, Tuscon and i10 facelift.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:09   #54
BHPian

New i10 featuring in Hyundai UK website.

Quote:
New i10 features everything that made our current multi-award winning compact city car so successful: quality materials, eye catching style, a refined interior and an irresistible sense of fun.

Building on these outstanding foundations, New i10 introduces an enhanced exterior design with selected models including technology upgrades and optional advanced safety features.

On the outside, the new cascading front grille adds a new and desirable focal point. Plus the evolved bumper design, new LED daytime running lights and wheel designs characterise a fresh and contemporary look.

Moving inside, the top of the range model includes cutting edge satellite navigation. This features a 7 year LIVE subscription, real-time traffic updates, local weather conditions and points of interest. New i10 will also be the only car in its class to offer Android Auto and Apple CarPlay in a single infotainment system.

Clever technology isn’t just limited to what you can see. Selected models with optional lane departure warning and front collision warning systems actively help avoid accidents.

New i10 will be officially unveiled at the 2016 Paris Motor show in October. If you’d like to receive more news, fill in your details below and we’ll send you all the latest updates.
Source Link:
http://www.hyundai.co.uk/coming-soon/new-i10
Old 4th January 2017, 11:02   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

ET Auto reports that Hyundai India will be launching the Grand i10 facelift in February 2017.

Quote:
India’s largest car exporter Hyundai Motor India will launch the facelift of its popular selling hatch Grand i10 in February 2017 confirms a source very close to the company. The car comes to India within 4 months of its global unveil in Paris in October 2016.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 22:05   #56
BHPian

A source I know who's working with Hyundai India has confirmed the launch date of the facelifted Grand i10 to be February 2017. The product has already been showcased to the dealers to judge their reactions and the launch is scheduled unless some other misalignment comes in Hyundai's way.
tp_dominator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 16:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Grand i10 facelift to be called Grand i10 Prime

Hyundai will reportedly be launching the Grand i10 facelift in India by the end of February 2017. A recent report suggests that the updated model will also get a new suffix to its name, and will now be called the Grand i10 Prime. Hyundai has made no official announcement about the same yet.

Interestingly, Hyundai has often used the 'Prime' suffix for its facelift models in the international markets. The Hyundai Atos (which was sold as the Santro in India) got a facelift model named the Atos Prime. The Getz too had a facelift that was launched as the Getz Prime.

Source: MotorOctane
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 08:33   #58
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Prime, Transform, Xing or whatever suffix, I'll be very disappointed with Hyundai if they do not introduce side & curtain airbags (on the top variant) and height-adjustable front neck restraints (across the range). The Figo & Aspire have them, so the Grand i10 & Xcent facelifts desperately need them!
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 09:04   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The Figo & Aspire have them, so the Grand i10 & Xcent facelifts desperately need them!
Note likely, if they do that then the Asta O variant of the Grand i10 will easily overlap with Sportz variant of i20 and take sales away from their flagship hatch, also not to mention that the usual buyer mentality of getting "normal" Asta with 2 airbags at 40-50k "discount" will be too hard to resist. When the buyers are ready to blast open their wallet not caring about saving a lakh of rupees and consider a car as a means of safe travel and not an investment, its then that the hatches can be confidently equipped with 6 airbags, lane change assist, radar braking etc as are there in Europe.

Figo and Aspire are barely selling, and I suspect 99% of those are the variants with just 2 airbags, cabbies have bought them left right and center. At the end of the day, sales are the necessity for the companies and the maximum changes I expect to the i10 would be adjustable headrests, a mini-touchscreen like in European models and better quality materials inside. Perhaps the useless (for India) DRL's will also make it in the upper portions of the cascading grille.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 10:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

I wish they introduce the variant with Sun-roof now. I am kinda missing seeing Hyundais with sunroofs. I think, it is time they are brought back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks