Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 18:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra developing world's most affordable electric SUV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The country's largest homegrown SUV maker, Mahindra & Mahindra, has reportedly started working on what is being touted as "the most affordable electric SUV in the world" through it's Mahindra Electric unit.
I doubt they are developing with India in mind here. As the main shortcoming of the full electric I mentioned in another thread and Screwdriva mentions here is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
IN lacks a charging infrastructure capable of supporting mass adoption of EVs. If there was ever an administration capable of supporting this
The other aspect is being anywhere close to VFM, in a country where it is one of the top priority. I doubt the answer lies with Mahindra alone. This is why they haven't been able to find a footing even in the limited number of cities they are launched in.
Old 3rd September 2016, 10:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra developing world's most affordable electric SUV!

They are (unstated) up against the Tesla (may his soul rest in peace) and the technology gap is simple HUGE. It may take our chaps a decade to catch up, and remember Tesla are not exactly sleeping either. Sooner or later Tesla will become available in India.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks