Team-BHP - Brand New Fiesta With 850 Kms On ODO!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Brand New Fiesta With 850 Kms On ODO!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/17924-brand-new-fiesta-850-kms-odo-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover
and forgot to clean the upholstery. this is cheating & should be dealt with legally. :mad:

Upholstery has got plastic covers no? Even test drive cars have their plastic covers intact (atleast, those which I have seen). Maybe it was used by the dealer itself as a runabout and then sold?

Brilliant! Thanks a ton guys for the links!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1self
Hey BHPians,

I just saw this write up in the letters section of 'CAR' October 2006 issue...

this guy gets a brand new fiesta 1.6zxi petrol from the local ford dealer...and at the time of delivery guess what the vehicle has done 850 kms on the odo!! the explanation which the dealership gave was that ford india personnel ramdomly select vehicles from all dealerships for extensive 'road testing' on an ongoing basis, and the guys vehicle happened to be one of those!! when he got the car, it had all sorts of engine vibrations, stains on the interiors etc...

at least the dealer took it back for re-inspection...

what is wrong with these companies that think they came pass on anything to its customers!!!

Comments??

One would expect customers to be a bit less gullible than this, even if they'd not shopped for a car before! Its precisely due to the creaking legal system in our desh that individual consumers need to be that much more alert than our conterparts in countries with strong legal frameworks.

The incidence could be very true.
It might be a Test Drive Car or a defective piece coming back from some pooped-up customer.
As i guess the Test Drive Vehicles are not any special ones but just any picked up from the dealer's lot.They tend to use them sensibly for some time and before any mark of wearing could turn they install them back to the showroom and pick a fresh one.Since the new cars use electronic odo. it might would hev been a trouble for the service guys to pluck it out.
Alternatively this piece could be a problematic piece presold to some one who refused to use it anymore for mfg probs. and returned it back to the dealer before any registration or insurance papers could be filed.

One can file a law suite against the company in comsumer forums and are effective-but you have to have some proof of the use/tempering.

Quote:

Alternatively this piece could be a problematic piece presold to some one who refused to use it anymore for mfg probs. and returned it back to the dealer before any registration or insurance papers could be filed.
Nope. Cos if it was sold to someone, it would be registered. My guess still remains that it was a test-drive car.

Its a long time manufacturers in India actually understand what service is all about. But i hear of these kind of incidents more and more these days. Thats sad. Buying a car with your hard earned money and them not getting its worth.

Ford is known for all these kinds of issues. Wonder why it's management does not takes markets seriously and strategizes correct policies, methods to ensure customer satisfaction. They do a market research and come out with their products but they lack the long term commitments which are provided by Maruti and Hyundai. How will they compete? Especially when they know that their future is not secured in the current slash of jobs worldwide (for Ford) they should give a serious thought to these kinds of issues and take actions against dealerships immediately to improve their brand loyalty. It only shows a I don't care attitude. Others like Honda think they are creating value and capturing markets by selling over priced and non value for money products. Besides customers are also willing to shell out their money without giving a proper thinking. However I feel even the NHC is becoming older nowadays. But Ford's Fiesta is a new product, so these kinds of things should not have happened.

However a few months back, I saw even a Hyundai dealership giving test drives of Santro and Accent with their odo's disconnected. So neither was the odo working, nor was the speedometer working. :mad: When asked, he said that it's a factory site car. However I was not at all convinced by him. Since then I do not trust that dealer any more, even for Verna.

So it's all about knowing the dealership's value and rating before commencing to buy the car.

I guess there must be a dealership rating done on Team BHP so that customers can go buy the cars they love and are ensured that their products have not been misused.

If you want to ensure that your vehicle is not test-driven (maybe with odo disconnected) buy some unpopular or costly colour that is almost certain not to be given for test drives. Or maybe ask for some company-fitted custom features, like alloy wheels/tubeless tyres, if applicable. I suspect that only the low-end standard models will be given for test drives, not vehicles with costly fittings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rks
If you want to ensure that your vehicle is not test-driven (maybe with odo disconnected) buy some unpopular or costly colour that is almost certain not to be given for test drives. Or maybe ask for some company-fitted custom features, like alloy wheels/tubeless tyres, if applicable. I suspect that only the low-end standard models will be given for test drives, not vehicles with costly fittings.

I dont think so. I had asked for a test drive of Fiesta ZXI and the guys brought me an SXI which is the highest variant! They pick up just what they get i guess. I dont think there is any botheration regarding that from their side.

- Biju

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Nope. Cos if it was sold to someone, it would be registered. My guess still remains that it was a test-drive car.

What if someone gets a temp registration done? Would the car be temporarily registered against the owner?

Gents,
In a case like this if delt wisely through a consumer forum which are gaining popularity in India as well, As a company policy for all these MNC's not specific to the Automotive industry, will be forced to withdraw its dealership and should be liable to pay a miniscule compensation token to the customer (Not running into millions but a meal money at an extravegant place).

It has nothing to do with ford .its the dealer ship at stake.and ford should have been informed and the dealer fined heavily so that such things wont be repeated.
ram