Team-BHP - Car Auctions in India (Customs, Banks etc.)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Car Auctions in India (Customs, Banks etc.) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/179493-car-auctions-india-customs-banks-etc.html)

Mumbai customs held an e-auction today and sold a few Gujarat registered Imports gathering Dust at their Wadala godown :
(DRI Seized)

a) a Mitsubishi challenger SUV for Rs 85,711/= !

(Bond No. & date/File No. & date :- CIU/GEN/35/2001 // S/10-22(JC-12)/2006 VB // CRWH/GEN/05/2009 // CIU/Gen/18/2000
MITSUBISHI CHALLAENGER CAR, GJ-1-BK-9810, Model No. KD-K97 WGRPF, Chassis No. K-97-1001330, Engine No. 4M40 Estimated/Approximate Quantity - 1 nos. ( Subject to Special Terms & Conditions as mentioned
The goods are offered for sale on 'as is where is basis' and 'what is there basis' without any guarantee as regards to quantity, quality and other physical parameters. The department does not own any responsibility as regard to roadworthiness of the vehicle and the provisions of ' Tthe Motor Vehicle Act, 1988' have to be strictly complied.)

and

b) a BMW sedan (maybe a mid 1980s 3 series) for Rs 72,102/=

(Bond No. & date/File No. & date :- CRWH-GEN/22-22A/89 // DRI/BZU/101/APPRG/53/87 (F Cell)/3846
BMW Car No. GRJ-5314 (Left Hand Drive) Estimated/Approximate Quantity - 1nos. ( Subject to Special Terms & Conditions as mentioned
The goods are offered for sale on 'as is where is basis' and 'what is there basis' without any guarantee as regards to quantity, quality and other physical parameters. The department does not own any responsibility as regard to roadworthiness of the vehicle and the provisions of ' Tthe Motor Vehicle Act, 1988' have to be strictly complied.)

they no doubt need some restoration in future!

Customs Mumbai selling old imported cars again.
"MSTC/WRO/CUSOTMS(PREVENTIVE), MUMBAI/60/BALLARD ESTATE, MUMBAI/13-14/14396[75742]"

THIS AFTERNOON, till 4 pm, there is to be an e-auction of two cars:

1) TOYOTA CAR registered "MAR-7191".

(model may be over 30 years old and resembling 118NE perhaps, and I certainly hope that a fellow TBhpian wins this one ! )

and

2) TOYOTA LUCIDA Estima CAR-Model 1992 Chasis No. CXR 20-0025105
F.No. R&I/ Disp/ Misc/ 20/13

the cars are parked at Suleman Shah Plot, Wadala.
Phone No. 22691116, 22757652 State :Maharashtra
Mr Vamshadhara ph: 022-22757652 ccp_mumbai@yahoo.in

Mumbai customs department is disposing DRI seized , recent models of Bentley cars (2 nos), BMW X5 , Mercedes CLS AMG, and other marques
on October 13, 2014 thru' Matexnet E-auctions !!!
good luck !!

let me help you as below:
a) google "mstc forthcoming"
b) select the first result " forthcoming e-auctions - MSTC limited...."
c) a loooong list of "all forthcoming e-auctions" shows up
d) that list is branchwise, so scroll down until you reach "western regional office"
e) further scroll down the list until auction date is 'October 13, 2014', the Last one ie seventh auction of the date is your target!
hope this helps all interested : )

& do me a favour, after inspection, please post pics of these supercars using your smart phones and post them below! the noble gesture - its appreciated!

please be cautious as someone wise has rightly said that 'the cheapest Mercedes might turn out to be the most expensive one!'

check in detail in the RTO whether the stated number registration plate is a fictitious one, and if the parking area was water flooded during monsoons etc.

buyer beware!

good luck !

A few pictures of the Bentley's at the customs office. Clicked by a friend (a fellow bhpian).

Car Auctions in India (Customs, Banks etc.)-altago02k4ec9rc4jgat2dhgi9psz7iyc_d0lt3q5ggjpx.jpg

Car Auctions in India (Customs, Banks etc.)-altamwpv1v97ciqlb6owz6z7tiu8v47zrpgscsr52uc5.jpg

Car Auctions in India (Customs, Banks etc.)-altaoc5jpzehwxpjludhjnxl2nxja11gwhhumycalchxmb.jpg

Car Auctions in India (Customs, Banks etc.)-altale03now3fajhbj1zpuwupn6yn4tvoighkeeu16jln3.jpg

Cheers :)
amansanc

P.S.: Not blanking the number plates becuase the numbers are already up on the website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinay kamath (Post 3569085)
all those enchanting Bentleys , BMWs , Mercedes, Passat etc are being re-auctioned on 11-11-2014 by DRI Mumbai through MSTCEcommerce . wonder why the earlier auction was inconclusive. : (

Are there any agents that can facilitate these bids coz it is pretty complex for most. Firstly the website is crap and not use friendly at all. Secondly you have to submit tons of paper work to their office after which you get a login ID etc. Lastly, there is a fee of i think 10k just to register yourself.

Sahil, I have registered in about 2-3 days. Even same day registration may be possible if you submit the DD, your PAN, ID proof, passport sized photos, address proof and latest income tax returns photocopy. (nowadays , even obtaining a SIM card needs almost all of this) . The customs auctions alone are enabled for a lower half-fee of Rs 5000 + Service tax. Yet if you are not the highest bidder, this amount may be a sunk cost. My experience so far has been that the auctions are actually transparent.

During auctions, some bidders go out of control and overbid. This delays auction closure even by a few hours beyond the deadline. Later the same bidders realise their mistake and do not honour their commitment . This leads to re-auctions. Their loss is your gain.

My advice to all Tbhpians is that if you genuinely love the car, then you must decide to bid responsibly and stop at your pre-determined limit. Watch the screen till the end to know the highest bid. You may be outbid at the very last moment sometimes. If lady luck smiles upon you, the exotic car is yours forever!! The best part is that the MSTC and DRI Invoices are super clean

Hi friends
Can anyone tell me the price range for the cars sold in the auction.

Mr Makhija , off the record , by using PR skills , please meet them and gently coax them to reveal the valuation certificate already filed with them , before finalising the date of the e-auction. they cannot sell below that mark by law.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinay.makhija (Post 3574843)
can any one please tell me whether it is worth buying a car or bike in auction?

Can anyone tell how long is a piece of string?

Do your homework
Find out typical market value of the target car
Assess condition
Assess what taxes etc you will need to pay

Then set a target price.

PRoblem with auction is there is no comeback, it is sold as seen

There are no agents. Inspect the cars that you are interested in. As the auction is on Tuesday, time is short now. You please spend the time between 10-5 at MSTC Ecommerce Mumbai office getting your registration done. Submit DD, photos, ID proof & address proof, PAN card and past year's income-tax returns. please check whether VAT registration 'not' a must for individuals at customs-excise auction.

Shun agents. They are duping you . Bid online sensibly strictly upto your highest pre-decided limit and STOP. Do not get carried away nor let your Ego rule you / ruin you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinay kamath (Post 3576016)
Bid online sensibly strictly upto your highest pre-decided limit and STOP. Do not get carried away nor let your Ego rule you / ruin you.

Just to add. Asses the work required on the cars too, not all are turn the key and drive away. A car bought from the auction at say 4 lakhs could have 10 lakhs worth of work in it to make it road worthy. There is a Ferrari and a SL65 Amg in bombay at the DRI. The Sl's roof mechanism would cost above 6 lakhs to fix. The clutch on the ferrari is around 4 lakhs plus. This is just one of the things, there is plenty more. So rightly said, don't let egos rule when bidding, think practically and with a cool head when bidding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinay kamath (Post 3550049)
let me help you as below:
a) google "mstc forthcoming"
b) select the first result " forthcoming e-auctions - MSTC limited...."
c) a loooong list of "all forthcoming e-auctions" shows up
d) that list is branchwise, so scroll down until you reach "western regional office"
e) further scroll down the list until auction date is 'October 13, 2014', the Last one ie seventh auction of the date is your target!
hope this helps all interested : )

good luck !

Just came across this thread. Truly this has wealth of information here.

Though I am myself still a long way away from registering for these auctions (lack of time, knowledge primary concerns), I searched the MSTC page for forthcoming e-auctions. Initially I had a hard time reading the small font and tons of information on the MSTC page. Also the style of arranging notifications makes differentiating very hard. I then narrowed down search by using keywords like "custom", "airport", "port authority" which made the task a lot easier.

For people who are interested, here are some details of few forthcoming auctions (this is just my effort, I may not have covered all the pages there).

- Auction in Bangalore of two bikes, details given below (refer pic 1).

- Auction in Delhi by Airports Authority of India for Gypsy and Mahindra jeeps (refer pic 2)

- there are also auctions by Insurance companies for damaged / salvage vehicles (refer pic 3)

Pic 1

Car Auctions in India (Customs, Banks etc.)-1.jpg

Pic 2

Car Auctions in India (Customs, Banks etc.)-2.jpg

Pic 3

Car Auctions in India (Customs, Banks etc.)-3.jpg

Mods, I know this is a thread for imports only, sorry for going OT with regard to point no. 2 and 3.

Hello everyone,
I just now inspected the cars those are in auction by the mumbai customs tomorrow. but was disappointed by the condition of the cars
Black Mercedes c63 amg coupe was having a suspension failure and also the disc brakes were completely rusted.
ML 270 was not in a good condition as well
BMW X5 was in a better condition but the sunroof was broken.

All the above details were just from the outside inspection only not from the internal view.

Just realised we don't have a dedicated car auctions thread! Moved vinay kamath's post and other helpful ones into this new thread.

Posting details of another auction taking place. Thanks to Naveen Dagar for sharing!

Quote:

Please find here the list of cars along with photographs and RC details of the cars

http://www.mstcindia.co.in/TenderEnt...m_Details.aspx
Quote:

One of my relatives who is currently working in Haryana gave me this info. He saw around 47 used luxury cars parked near his office in Sonepat and asked the caretakers about the purpose. He was informed that all these cars are for an e-auction and also was referred to this news article.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/mobi/new...30/284113.html

I wish to share it with fellow BHPians, might be useful to some.