Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 16:56   #31
BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I opened a DigiLocker account today but was unable to pull the documents from the partners. In my case both the the RC and DL are from different states. Is it that the RC and DL also need to be updated with Aadhaar number?

Also in this case, will it make sense to directly upload the scanned copy of the documents.
It is neither necessary to have your DL and the RC issued from the same state nor necessary to update your DL and RC with the Aadhar.
As long as the state issuing your DL and the RC has digitally uploaded these documents, it should be available with MoRTH.

The DigiLocker also acts as a cloud storage, with each user given a space of 1 GB, and the uploaded scanned copy of your DL and RC will not help to solve showing the cops your documents. (that is, when ever they start accepting the DigiLocker app).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Could forum members please update? Anyone tried using the mobile app instead of the physical driving license - I mean showing a Traffic Cop the mobile app instead of the physical driving license? With what result?

Also, has anybody been able to locate the official Notification (if any) permitting drivers to carry the mobile with the app instead of the actual license?
I have heard that in Telangana the cops accept the DL and RC over the app.
So far have not seen the official Notification, but it had been publicized in all major newspapers somewhere in September, 2016, when the app was launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been able to get my RC book linked in the Digilocker, however not the driving license. Whenever I try to link it, an error message stating "Unable to locate your records" comes. I suspect this has to do with the format of the DL number. Has anyone been able to link DL issued in Kerala State? The number contains "/" which I suspect is causing the issue.
I have a DL issued in Kerala, RC issued in Tamil Nadu, and have got both downloaded via the DigiLocker.
Initially I could not download/attach the DL using the mobile app. I had to get it done on the DigiLocker website.

Attaching a few snapshots which might help you.

1. Go to the Kerala RTO site to check whether your Driving License is available in a digital format.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-kerala-rto-1.jpg

2. Fill up your License number and date of birth. Mine was 60/XXX/1990. 60 is the RTO number, XXX is a 3 digit number on my license and 1990 was the year of issue.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-kerala-rto-2.jpg

3. Once confirmed that it is available in the digital format, go to the DigiLocker website and sign in. If you have not created an account, do so now. You will need your Aadhar to create one.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-digi-1.jpg

4. After login, open the 'ISSUER ORGANIZATIONS' (circled RED)

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-digi-2.jpg

5. Click on the 'Pull' for the MoRTH in the Organization column.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-digi-3.jpg

6. Select Morth in the Partner name, Driving License in the Document Type.
Your name and date of birth will be extracted from the Aadhar. (I have removed mine, so reflects as a blank)
Fill up the 'Son/Wife/Daughter of' exactly as it is mentioned on the License.
Fill up your DL numbers with the '/' as on the license, and then click the 'Get Document' tab.

My DL has a spelling mistake in my fathers name, so I filled up with the wrong spelling. Only then did it extract. Aadhar has only my given name while on the DL the surname is also attached to the given name. That did not create any issues.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-digi-4.jpg

7. You should now be able to get this screen with all your details. I have blanked mine.
Press on the tab circled in RED and you should now have your license in the DigiLocker, and will get updated on the mobile app too.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-digi5.jpg
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 17:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
I have heard that in Telangana the cops accept the DL and RC over the app.
So far have not seen the official Notification, but it had been publicized in all major newspapers somewhere in September, 2016, when the app was launched.
Thanks for the detailed post. I use the RTA m-Wallet app in Telangana, it has the provision of adding the RC's and licenses. However the drawback as you said would be that one would still have to carry the RC/License in case they are travelling to other states, same is the case with the other state registered vehicles.

Despite a very thorough explanation by you, I seriously hope the govt. centralizes the databases and creates a single app. No offence, I doubt if our police are anywhere near to getting convinced by any sort of digital ID's.
Old 9th September 2017, 08:18   #33
BHPian

I was able to pull my RC and DL from the partners via DigiLocker. It worked like a charm. I am yet to see the insurance companies as partners. Hopefully that will happens in the months to come.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 11:43   #34
BHPian

Respected Experts,

I bought a new car last month and I am yet to get the hard copy of the RC. However, I have been able to pull the digital copy of RC in Digilocker. With my Temporary number expired, I am wondering if I would be able to drive my new car in Delhi/NCR.

Do we have latest info regarding the acceptance of Digilocker-ized DL/RC by authorities like traffic cops. Any incidents where they have accepted/not accepted the DL/RC from the Digilocker.

Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 12:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest that you take the printout from digilocker and then get the RTO to sign and stamp it, use that in lieu of your actual RC till such time as you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchandap View Post
Respected Experts,

I bought a new car last month and I am yet to get the hard copy of the RC. However, I have been able to pull the digital copy of RC in Digilocker. With my Temporary number expired, I am wondering if I would be able to drive my new car in Delhi/NCR.

Do we have latest info regarding the acceptance of Digilocker-ized DL/RC by authorities like traffic cops. Any incidents where they have accepted/not accepted the DL/RC from the Digilocker.

Thanks
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 12:33   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any incidents where they have accepted/not accepted the DL/RC from the Digilocker.
It has routinely taken 6-9 months in Pune to get the RC. Once when I was asked for documents during a nakabandi, I told the cop that I had not yet received the RC and he understood. This was when my car was 8 months old.

I showed him my DL, TC and Invoice.

It is a known problem in Pune and hence, probably it wasn't an issue.

Some of us also got the RC Extract from the RTO just to be on the safer side. Got it under half n hour and cost Rs. 120ish.
Old 31st October 2017, 13:22   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
It has routinely taken 6-9 months in Pune to get the RC. Once when I was asked for documents during a nakabandi, I told the cop that I had not yet received the RC and he understood. This was when my car was 8 months old.
In Faridabad, it generally takes 20-25 days to get the RC after submitting the file to RTO. I am towards the end of this period. Also, this was diwali period with lots of sarkari holidays. That might be one of the reason for delay in my case.

Thanks.
Old 31st October 2017, 15:23   #38
BHPian

Ministry of Transport has launched a very good application for tracking DL application status, postal tracking after dispatch, digital copy of any driving licence and any registration number.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nic.mparivahan
Old 31st October 2017, 16:41   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

I registered, linked with Aadhaar, downloaded the app and pulled my 2 uploads in ~7 minutes.

Kudos to DeitY, MoRTH & UIDAI!
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:17   #40
BHPian

A news article related to non acceptance of Dl/RC has appeared in Cartoq

Some important bits pasted here for quick reference:

Quote:
What is the legality of DigiLocker in India?

According to the official website of the DigiLocker, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is a partner of the application and certificates like Driving License and Registration Certificates can be stored digitally in the mobile phone. Below are the points quoted from the DigiLocker
Benefits of this integration –
Paperless Services: Digital driving license and vehicle registration will minimize the use of physical documents.
Authentic Records: Citizens can share the authentic digital certificates directly from the data source with other departments as identity and address proof resulting in a reduction of administrative overhead.
Spot Verification: The digital RC and DL in a DigiLocker account can be spot verified for authenticity either by validating the Digital Signature of MoRTH on the PDF copy of the document or by scanning the QR code on digital documents by using the QR scan facility on DigiLocker mobile app.
However, a differing view from Hon' HC:

Quote:
Kerala High Court has said otherwise

A ruling by Kerala High Court in September this year, the driving license has to be produced in original and not in any other form. The court also said that the motorists without the original license can be jailed for up to 3 months.
The Article 130 of the Motor Vehicle Act says that all the documents need to be carried in the original form. However, according to the IT Act 2000, the DigiLocker documents are also valid.
It is the conflict between two acts that has created such a situation.
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:59   #41
BHPian

Quote:
A news article related to non acceptance of Dl/RC has appeared in Cartoq

Some important bits pasted here for quick reference:

However, a differing view from Hon' HC:
The article from cartoq also makes a mention that the individual has been fined to the tune of rs 5990.
It seems as if government is on a wooing spree with its departments as non followers.
Ultimately, it is the common man who gets struck in this game of “passing of buck”.
It would be better if foolproof implementation is followed immediately rather than rollout of half-bred services
Old 8th February 2018, 11:17   #42
Team-BHP Support

After hearing that Bangalore traffic will accepter DigiLocker, I decided to install the app on my phone.

The signup is using the mobile phone number. As I entered my mobile number, I was promptly informed that I already have an account registered with my mobile number. So I must sign-in instead of signing up. I don't recall signing up, so I decided to use the forgot password option. Then I was told that my account is not active. Then I tried with my aadhar number, only to be told I am not registered with DigiLocker.

So...

I CAN'T REGISTER BECAUSE MY MOBILE IS ALREADY REGISTERED.
I CANT RECOVER THE PASSWORD BECAUSE THE ACCOUNT IS NOT ACTIVE.

I have only one question, who designed this application?
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 11:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
After hearing that Bangalore traffic will accepter DigiLocker, I decided to install the app on my phone.
Try logging in from Digilocker website (link). There is an option to login using Aadhar OTP which is not there in the app.
Old 8th February 2018, 11:34   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Try logging in from Digilocker website (link). There is an option to login using Aadhar OTP which is not there in the app.
That is exactly where I tried repeatedly.
Old 8th February 2018, 14:23   #45
BHPian

The only way I was able to register myself in DigiLocker was through my banks internet banking site. There is no place to update linked mobile number. I guess it takes the mobile number linked to aadhaar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks