Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2018, 20:35   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

How to delete a document from digilocker when it gets expired? For example- Vehicle Insurance Certificates which have validity of 1 year.

While showing the document to the police, multiple Insurance Certificates may confuse which is for current year.
Hence the query.
IndigoXLGrandDi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 15:02   #92
BHPian

The latest GoI notification clearly states we can now show digital version of documents. If cops try to say otherwise please show them the attached letter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GoI Electronic docs.pdf (626.9 KB, 677 views)
Iyencar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 18:01   #93
BHPian

That notification just says digital copies. Does it mean we can carry any kind of digital copy or it has to be in the digilocker? I just don't trust the security of this app.
Old 24th November 2018, 19:21   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
That notification just says digital copies. Does it mean we can carry any kind of digital copy or it has to be in the digilocker? I just don't trust the security of this app.
The gazette notification says certificates in physical or electronic form. Electronic certificate means a signed digital copy. So it can be a signed PDF, not sure how you can get one of those or even show it to the police. So the only other options I see are government apps like Digilocker and mParivahan. The latter doesn't need any aadhar info.
Old 24th November 2018, 21:14   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

As far as Bihar is concerned, the document issued by the Bihar Government clearly states that documents like RC and DL can be used in digital format only in Digilocker if it's in issued format and not in uploaded documents. So basically, if the owner is driving his vehicle, there is no issue. But if one is driving someone else's vehicle, the RC is required in physical format as we can't use someone else's Digilocker.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-screenshot_20181124210430__01.jpg

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-screenshot_20181124210436__01.jpg

This notification also mentions that in cases where seizure of documents is required, physical RC/DL is required.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5099-06-08-2018.pdf (50.1 KB, 312 views)
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 08:43   #96
Team-BHP Support

The mParivahan app has a feature to share RC with a expiry date.
Old 17th December 2018, 11:11   #97
Senior - BHPian

Show valid original driving license when demanded – Mumbai Police

Quote:
A twitter user (@son_of_KC), Kalpak Shah was stopped by Mumbai Police early morning, as a routine check by Mumbai Police. Kalpak was asked to show his driving license. He showed the cops a soft/digital copy of his license. This was not accepted as a valid driving license and he was made to pay the fine.

Afterwards, Kalpak tweeted a photo, along with a question to Mumbai Police’s official Twitter account. The question he asked was – Is a soft copy of the driving license valid or not? @MumbaiPolice These guys were not following (allowing) it. Mumbai Police replied to the question – “You must be in possession of a valid/original driving licence and produce for inspection when demanded by a policeman in uniform. (Sec 130 (1) MVA).”
Does this statement of Mumbai Police contradict the Govt of India directive issued last month? As per new directives issued, traffic police will no longer ask for original and hard copies of driving licenses, registration certificates, PUC and vehicle insurance papers.

Rushlane Article.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 11:21   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Does this statement of Mumbai Police contradict the Govt of India directive issued last month?
Since he claims he showed soft copy, he most probably didn't show it on DigiLocker. My DL is too old to be on digital record, but my renewal in coming up in Feb. Only after that my DL will show up on DigiLocker.

It is best we carry a copy of the Gazette notification along with the vehicle. If the police doesn't accept Digilocker, the gazette notification can be shown. I doubt any policeman want to risk overriding the GOI gazette.
Old 19th December 2018, 11:15   #99
Senior - BHPian

The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has issued Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) ensuring that vehicle owners may be allowed to present their documents like certificate of registration, insurance, fitness and permit, driving licence, a certificate for pollution under check and any other relevant documents, etc in electronic format. They may now not be required to carry these documents in hard formats. Electronic form with reference to information, means any information generated, sent, received or stored in media, magnetic, optical, computer memory, microfilm, computer-generated microfiche or similar device. In a communication to all States and UTs, the Ministry has urged that the SOP may be adopted for ensuring compliance with the provisions of rule 139 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.

SOP.pdf

Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 23:35   #100
Team-BHP Support

I am awaiting my smartcard DL to be printed and dispatched from the RTO. However, the digital version is already in the central database.

So I downloaded my digital DL on both Digilocker & mParivahan apps on my phone. The digilocker DL is accepted as ID in airports & railways. I also have both my car registrations on mParivahan app. Can't do it on Digilocker because the cars are in company name. The mParivahan is not as widely accepted as Digilocker, even though it is from Central Transport department.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 23:53   #101
BHPian

Ahmedabad police confirmed on Twitter that it accepts Digilocker as well as mParivahan.

On my recent trip to Diu, even the personnel at Diu border were ok with License in Digilocker.
Attached Thumbnails
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-1555438995850.jpg  

Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 18:19   #102
BHPian

Today my father was challaned for not presenting a valid driving license when he showed his license on the mParivahan App. The Traffic Police officer simply rejected the DL on the app.

What's the use of campaigning about Digital India if the Capital itself cannot follow the same.
Bhatia.D17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 18:50   #103
BHPian

A challan is a not a final decision. This is an excellent opportunity to get the position clarified by courts. Best to do your research, and if you feel that your case is good, fight the challan instead of paying it.

If you are yourself not convinced about the validity of mParivahan DLs as proof, post back here again. Nothing beats original research

Last edited by vipul_singh : 29th April 2019 at 18:53.
vipul_singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 23:32   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatia.D17 View Post
Today my father was challaned for not presenting a valid driving license when he showed his license on the mParivahan App. The Traffic Police officer simply rejected the DL on the app.
Tweet to Delhi Police and also to mParivahan/ highway ministry. It’s an error at part of the concerned officer and they will cancel the challan.
Old 29th April 2019, 23:49   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
fight the challan instead of paying it.
Sir the challan was paid on the spot.
Actually my father was stopped for doing 63km/hr on a six lane road where the speed limit was 50km/hr.
But the policeman claimed that the license was invalid even after long argument.
One of them even said that "Argue as much as you want, but you'll have to pay."
My father did not want to extend this any further so he paid Rs 900 and left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Tweet to Delhi Police and also to mParivahan/ highway ministry. It’s an error at part of the concerned officer and they will cancel the challan.
I did tweet some 6 odd hours back to the respective authorities but no luck yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks