Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2019, 14:55   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Yes I tried that many a times. Tried adding again. Now there are two entries of DL. Both expired.
That's odd. Have you tried clearing the cache and/or reinstalling Digilocker app?
Old 7th September 2019, 14:59   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
That's odd. Have you tried clearing the cache and/or reinstalling Digilocker app?
Yes with both app and website but no respite.

One more issue is that I had uploaded many documents in the upload document section. But now upload section is not opening in both app and website.
Old 7th September 2019, 15:19   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
That is an obvious functionality. Its not necessary that only owner drives the vehicle and needs access to the RC.
Debatable from a security perspective - you need the owner aadhaar and vehicle number to pull in the RC copy. The former is not necessarily a detail that should be shared freely, considering the importance it is gaining across the spread of services.

I guess @motorworks and @samurai tried searching for their respective RC cards using their own aadhaar number; which is where the search response came negative.

I knew my brother's aadhaar and was able to pull the record (as the vehicle is with me as well as the physical RC card). Again will I be able to replicate this with a random (say office colleague's) vehicle? Doubtful.
Old 7th September 2019, 21:56   #139
BANNED

One Query:

When I pulled my DL, there is a spelling mistake in my name. How can I get it fixed? In my original DL, the spelling is correct.
Old 9th September 2019, 15:42   #140
Senior - BHPian

Re: Traffic Police enforcing new Motor Vehicles Act from 15/08/2019 : How do you plan to adapt?

Slightly off topic: Since we are also discussing Digi Locker here, I have a question (and concern) about the app.

I just started using the app and I feel its quite convenient.

But, don't you think it just make the life of car thieves a bit easier. Previously, a stolen car stopped by police without papers would raise a red flag, but now the thief can just download the registration details in the app and show it to the police (if ever stopped).

Any thoughts?
Old 9th September 2019, 16:46   #141
Team-BHP Support

Re: Traffic Police enforcing new Motor Vehicles Act from 15/08/2019 : How do you plan to adapt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Slightly off topic: Since we are also discussing Digi Locker here, I have a question (and concern) about the app.

I just started using the app and I feel its quite convenient.

But, don't you think it just make the life of car thieves a bit easier. Previously, a stolen car stopped by police without papers would raise a red flag, but now the thief can just download the registration details in the app and show it to the police (if ever stopped).

Any thoughts?
I don't think you can download anybody's RC book on your Digilocker. When you want to download an RC, it checks for your name as in the linked Aadhar and checks if the name matches with the RC. If not, it does not dowload. It throws an error that name does not match.

Only if someone shares his/her RC with you, it will be available in your DigiLocker.
Old 9th September 2019, 17:30   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I don't think you can download anybody's RC book on your Digilocker. When you want to download an RC, it checks for your name as in the linked Aadhar.
I downloaded RC of my father's scooter in Digilocker. Obviously, the names were different. I don't know if there is any linkage with mParivahan. Initially, I had issues with Digilocker hence I downloaded mParivahan and then had downloaded the scooter RC book there. Later Digilocker started functioning and I repeated the process there.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 18:03   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I downloaded RC of my father's scooter in Digilocker. Obviously, the names were different. I don't know if there is any linkage with mParivahan. Initially, I had issues with Digilocker hence I downloaded mParivahan and then had downloaded the scooter RC book there. Later Digilocker started functioning and I repeated the process there.
I was not able to download my wife's RC into my digilocker. It was throwing "Name does not match Aadhar". However, I tried to import my car's RC into my wife's account and it went through. There is something seriously wrong with the system!
Old 9th September 2019, 18:16   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Debatable from a security perspective - you need the owner aadhaar and vehicle number to pull in the RC copy. The former is not necessarily a detail that should be shared freely, considering the importance it is gaining across the spread of services.

I guess @motorworks and @samurai tried searching for their respective RC cards using their own aadhaar number; which is where the search response came negative.

I knew my brother's aadhaar and was able to pull the record (as the vehicle is with me as well as the physical RC card). Again will I be able to replicate this with a random (say office colleague's) vehicle? Doubtful.
There is something quite buggy with Digilocker.

I tried to download my wife's RC into my digilocker account and got an error that name does not match with Aadhar. However, I tried to download my RC into my wife's digilocker and it was successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
One Query:
When I pulled my DL, there is a spelling mistake in my name. How can I get it fixed? In my original DL, the spelling is correct.
I am in a similar situation and below is my experience trying to fix it. Rant alert!

The name in my DL had a small mismatch (a missing space) with my Aadhar, and Digilocker was throwing an error. I was looking into options and found that I could apply online for name correction. I went ahead with the application and uploaded all the documents. I was thinking they would use my Aadhar for verification and do the name correction. But sadly not so.

I was asked to visit the RTO in person with original (I don't know what original they need for Aadhar) documents. When I went there, there was this bitter faced Inspector who told me I have to visit the other RTO for this as my address is under their jurisdiction (but my DL was issued under this one). He almost shooed me away. My license is valid till 2023. I am just going to carry my original license with me till it expires. Will have to write off the INR700 processing fee that I paid online.

It has been ages since I went to the RTO. I was looking forward to lot of improvement. But sadly, it is in the same state as it was 10 years back.

So much for digital India.

PS: This is my experience with the RTO in Coimbatore. Things may be much better in your RTO.

Last edited by graaja : 9th September 2019 at 18:23.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 18:43   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I tried to download my wife's RC into my digilocker account and got an error that name does not match with Aadhar. However, I tried to download my RC into my wife's digilocker and it was successful.
Wow, that's not a bug. It is a feature that reflects reality. It tells you that wife's property is wife's property alone, but husband's property is also wife's property.
Samurai is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 18:59   #146
Team-BHP Support

I also downloaded insurance certificate to my digilocker. Surprisingly, I have been able to download my DL into the mparivahan app. And in mparivahan app, I am not able to download my RC. So, between digilocker and mparivahan, I have my DL, RC and Insurance certificates.

Still I am not able to pull PUC certificate, though it is available online in the parivahan website. Anybody here successful in pulling PUC certificate into Digilocker or mparivahan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Wow, that's not a bug. It is a feature that reflects reality. It tells you that wife's property is wife's property alone, but husband's property is also wife's property.
ROFL. What a coincidence. I was telling the same to my wife when I failed importing her RC into my account
Old 9th September 2019, 20:21   #147
BHPian

Quote:
I also downloaded insurance certificate to my digilocker. Surprisingly, I have been able to download my DL into the mparivahan app. And in mparivahan app, I am not able to download my RC. So, between digilocker and mparivahan, I have my DL, RC and Insurance certificates.
Select Central Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, not the state dept to download your DL, if its available in Parivahan and not in state transport dept.
Old 9th September 2019, 20:31   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Select Central Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, not the state dept to download your DL, if its available in Parivahan and not in state transport dept.
Yes. I tried both the State transport and central registry. Both give the same error.
Old 9th September 2019, 20:46   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I tried both the State transport and central registry. Both give the same error.
For digilocker, at least one name(first or last) should be enough to retrieve the document. Probably this could be the reason that you could add your RC in your wife's account.

Regarding license issue, if you have space in your license number, replace it with - (hyphen) and try. For ex., in my case, TN58 2000XXXXXXX had to be entered as TN58-2000XXXXXXX.
smnrock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 21:02   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
For digilocker, at least one name(first or last) should be enough to retrieve the document. Probably this could be the reason that you could add your RC in your wife's account.

Regarding license issue, if you have space in your license number, replace it with - (hyphen) and try. For ex., in my case, TN58 2000XXXXXXX had to be entered as TN58-2000XXXXXXX.
Now it makes sense why I could download my RC into my wife's account! Thanks a lot for the info.

I tried the hyphen, but still get the error. The error clearly mentions "provided data does not match issuer data" in the web interface and "name does not match Aadhar" in the app.

So I think updating the license with the correction to the name is the only way. I am going to try once more tomorrow at the RTO - this time through and agent. If it works, fine. Else, I am going to stop worrying about DL in Digilocker.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks