Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2020, 11:42   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chai, Coffee & Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Hi guys a quick query.

I have a license booklet which was issued in 2000's. I have not yet made it to a card. I am waiting for the expiry to change over to Card.

How difficult is it to get a DL extract for a license booklet? mparivahan does not recognize the license number given!!
The problem is that the old and new licence number formats are different and mparivahan recognises only new format. Your old licence wouldn't have been digitised and a new number assigned. Old format will be 1234/01-02 and new format will be KA01 20010001234

Where was the book issued from? Bengaluru only? then it gets a little easier. If it is somewhere else, you'll have to make a trip to that place...or OLA (Original Licencing Authority) as they call it. Recently got it made for my sister.

We went to Mysuru (the OLA in this case) and gave them couple of passport photos, Original licence, KYC documents and a request letter in a plain sheet asking them to assign the new number to that DL. They made this in a day and it told it'll be reflected in mparivahan after 15 days. from there on we can apply for renewal online using the mparivahan site.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 13:17   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The problem is that the old and new licence number formats are different and mparivahan recognises only new format. Your old licence wouldn't have been digitised and a new number assigned. Old format will be 1234/01-02 and new format will be KA01 20010001234

Where was the book issued from? Bengaluru only? then it gets a little easier. If it is somewhere else, you'll have to make a trip to that place...or OLA (Original Licencing Authority) as they call it. Recently got it made for my sister.

We went to Mysuru (the OLA in this case) and gave them couple of passport photos, Original licence, KYC documents and a request letter in a plain sheet asking them to assign the new number to that DL. They made this in a day and it told it'll be reflected in mparivahan after 15 days. from there on we can apply for renewal online using the mparivahan site.

My license is issued from Koramangala RTO. Then I will make a visit to their office and try it out. So the process is to first get a new number format, and then on wards via mparivahan. How do I get the new number? Need to go back to RTO after one day or so after the application?
Old 5th February 2020, 13:46   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How do I get the new number? Need to go back to RTO after one day or so after the application?
Just take a copy of the DL and aadhar card and give it at the RTO. After 30 days you will be in the database.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4541542 (Driving Licence renewal woes - Medical fitness certificate required!)
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 13:49   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Hemant for this information. I have reported this query by Lalu to be moved to public section so it is beneficial for a larger section of the audience because KA Licences issued a decade before are impossible to download on mparivahan and there have been a lot of queries on the main forum about this including valid responses like yours by many members on how to go about it.

I too had faced this last month and upon reading responses that one had to visit the RTO personally I decided to hold on. Your detailed response is definitely helpful and if moved to public forum, it will be even more. My cousin was able to download his DL on the App. I also made couple of my relatives to download both their RCs and DLs while I drove to GJ last year. A very helpful app because I showed my RC and Insurance (validity , service provider, policy number is mentioned in your virtual RC) to cops at 2 locations enroute and they were satisfied with it. PUC test integration is next and we are getting there.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 19:57   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My license is issued from Koramangala RTO. Then I will make a visit to their office and try it out. So the process is to first get a new number format, and then on wards via mparivahan. How do I get the new number? Need to go back to RTO after one day or so after the application?
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-img20200205wa002101.jpeg
Attached above is the hand written request letter that we submitted. We had given 2 PP size photos, Aadhar copy and original licence in a cover. Probably they take aslightly longer usually , but since we told that we came all the way from Bengaluru for this itself, they told us to come at 5PM. When we went back, they gave everything back as is but with a hand written reference number and the new DL number (below the date on the top right). It was reflected in mparivahan after 15 days.

Later everything online as usual. For renewal you should take a medical certificate and keep in mind, this has to be from a Government doctor only.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 13:10   #201
Senior - BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

Thanks hemanth, samurai, ampere.

I went to the RTO today and submitted copy of the paper license and aahdar card. The officer noted some number in the paper and collected it from me. He asked me to come back after 2 weeks to check with him. He showed me a file kept in his desk and asked me to check the file on my visit after 2 weeks. Once we have the number updated in the database, rest of the activities like DL reissue, extract everything can be applied online.

No amounts charged.

I will update after two weeks. So for now patiently waiting.

Last edited by laluks : 6th February 2020 at 13:13.
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 07:53   #202
BHPian

I think this is a very good initiative from the government. To be honest, i don't understand why so many are concerned about the security of your details. There might have been a hundred other places where you'll have given away your information unknowingly. Not saying people shouldn't be concerned about their details but i guess there's a price to pay for convenience.

Apart from the RC and license, we're ( atleast in my state ) supposed to carry a pollution under control certificate inside the car, not having one will attract a fine.

I am yet to use the digilocker, i hope it also has provision to carry PUC certificate.

Last edited by SaiSW : 7th February 2020 at 07:59.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 09:30   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
PUC test integration is next and we are getting there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Apart from the RC and license, we're ( atleast in my state ) supposed to carry a pollution under control certificate inside the car, not having one will attract a fine.

I am yet to use the digilocker, i hope it also has provision to carry PUC certificate.
Integration of PUC with RC in mParivahan app is already done. I can see mine as below.
Attached Thumbnails
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-screenshot_20200207091852702_com.nic.mparivahan.jpg  

Makin Rulesz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 10:27   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Integration of PUC with RC in mParivahan app is already done. I can see mine as below.
I am aware that for few states this is integrated (PUC) already. For Karnataka, it is still not from my knowledge.
Old 7th February 2020, 10:41   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am aware that for few states this is integrated (PUC) already. For Karnataka, it is still not from my knowledge.
Intergration with Digilocker and mparivahan may not be done. But I hope you are aware that the Emission certificate for Karnataka is available online.

http://etc.karnataka.gov.in/ValidationRegno.aspx
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 11:57   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Intergration with Digilocker and mparivahan may not be done. But I hope you are aware that the Emission certificate for Karnataka is available online.

http://etc.karnataka.gov.in/ValidationRegno.aspx
Yes indeed Hemant. This one where you check validity on the website I am aware of.
Old 10th February 2020, 18:38   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I went to the RTO today and submitted copy of the paper license and aahdar card. The officer noted some number in the paper and collected it from me. He asked me to come back after 2 weeks to check with him. He showed me a file kept in his desk and asked me to check the file on my visit after 2 weeks. Once we have the number updated in the database, rest of the activities like DL reissue, extract everything can be applied online.

No amounts charged.

I checked simply today on mparivahan. My DL number in the format RTO ISSUED YEAR and LICENSE NUMBER in 7 digits (add preceding 0's). It is available online.

I tried to take a service online, a DL extract. Then it says "DL Number available as backlog entry vide Application Number : xxxxxxxxx get it Approved. Then only Apply for DL services."

Hope I need to wait a bit more as the officer suggested, or probably I need to go back again to get it approved. I will anyways wait for the two weeks the officer suggested.

Any advice?
Old 10th February 2020, 22:20   #208
BHPian

Quote:

No amounts charged.

Which RTO is this? Mine is a 2001 book type. I have to get my DL into the database, currently I am not able to see it online. I was of the opinion to request for a smart card.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 23:19   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Which RTO is this? Mine is a 2001 book type. I have to get my DL into the database, currently I am not able to see it online. I was of the opinion to request for a smart card.

KA01 Koramangala, Bangalore central
Old 12th February 2020, 17:54   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked simply today on mparivahan. My DL number in the format RTO ISSUED YEAR and LICENSE NUMBER in 7 digits (add preceding 0's). It is available online.

I tried to take a service online, a DL extract. Then it says "DL Number available as backlog entry vide Application Number : xxxxxxxxx get it Approved. Then only Apply for DL services."

Hope I need to wait a bit more as the officer suggested, or probably I need to go back again to get it approved. I will anyways wait for the two weeks the officer suggested.

Any advice?

All is well. The backlog entry is approved in the system, and I am able to now apply for DL services. That's about 5 working days since application.
Now I am not sure should I visit them as the officer asked. I will anyways do that as a courtesy to thank the fast service

Last edited by laluks : 12th February 2020 at 17:57.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed