Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2020, 19:02   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Do the documents stored in mParivahan app also have legal validity, like the ones in Digilocker?
Yes, either one can be used

PS - the advantage of Mparivahan is your insurance and PUC validity are also available in the app.

Last edited by R2D2 : 4th October 2020 at 19:06. Reason: added PS
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 08:25   #242
BHPian

I downloaded mParivahan app yesterday. I am trying to sign-up and create a virtual DL since yesterday, but the app is always timing out and asking me to check my internet connection (which is intact). Am I missing something?
Old 5th October 2020, 08:35   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
I downloaded mParivahan app yesterday. I am trying to sign-up and create a virtual DL since yesterday, but the app is always timing out and asking me to check my internet connection (which is intact). Am I missing something?
Seems there is an issue with the App now. I have an existing mParivahan account, but fetching of details like RC / DL is not happening.
App gives the message that "Please try after some time"
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 14:21   #244
BHPian

Tried mParivahan app for the first time right now after reading this thread.
Worked like a charm.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 12:45   #245
BHPian

I tried mParivahan app again and it worked fine now. Pretty much impressed with this app. It has all the required details related to our DL and RC.

It is only missing PUCC as of now for RC issued in Karnataka. It might be a matter of time before they add it.

This app itself clearly mentions that it is a valid proof for DL and RC and the details like Insurance included in them. It also has Notifications issued by MoRTH regarding the acceptance of these virtual DL/RC to the enforcement agencies.

Hope this would be sufficient and we don't need to worry about carrying the original/copy of DL/RC/Insurance anymore.
Old 6th October 2020, 13:19   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
It is only missing PUCC as of now for RC issued in Karnataka. It might be a matter of time before they add it.
In case you are missing carrying the certificate, visit this URL, click option 1, enter vehicle number, select fuel type from drop down and search.

Check Pollution Test Validity Online - Karnataka Regd. Vehicles Only.

It will display all the details of the emission test carried out including the validty.

I hope KA RTO integrates the PUC to mParivahan as most of the other states have done it already, including eChallan so it becomes a one-stop-shop for everything.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 17:21   #247
BHPian

I got my car transferred from my company name to my name as my lease ended. But m-parivahan still has the old name of my company in RC. Any way to get this refreshed/rectified?
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 18:40   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I got my car transferred from my company name to my name as my lease ended. But m-parivahan still has the old name of my company in RC. Any way to get this refreshed/rectified?
You have to contact the concerned RTO. mParivahan is just a reflection of what data is present with RTO.
You cannot change any details in the app. Even Insurance and PUC is updated through the RTO server.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 23:47   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you try refreshing the RC on the app? Once you click on the RC details, there is an option to "Update Virtual RC". My insurance renewal info got updated only after I did the update.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 07:48   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Did you try refreshing the RC on the app? Once you click on the RC details, there is an option to "Update Virtual RC". My insurance renewal info got updated only after I did the update.

I tried that but unfortunately it didn't still latest the latest details. I have raised a grievance with the RTA like ruzbehxyz suggested. Hoping they will take care to update the latest data in mParivahan/Digital locker, as both show same data.
Old 31st October 2020, 14:13   #251
BHPian

Quote:
I tried that but unfortunately it didn't still latest the latest details. I have raised a grievance with the RTA like ruzbehxyz suggested. Hoping they will take care to update the latest data in mParivahan/Digital locker, as both show same data.
Can you please share how did you raise the grievance?

For my vehicle, I am getting an error in mParivahan app saying "vehicle is registered in multiple RTO's, please contact the RTO's for rectification". It is showing registered in two RTO's within Bangalore itself i.e. KA51 (Electronic City RTO) and KA59 (Chandapura RTO). My vehicle number is KA51-xxxx so it should be only in Electronic city RTO and looks like RTO people themselves created some wrong entry in Chandapura RTO details .

I am trying to raise a grievance through feedback link (below) on vahan.parivahan portal but it is giving an error and not able to submit the request.

https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...feedback.xhtml

I tried googling as well but not able to find the process or any website to raise grievance related to Karnataka RTO's.
Attached Thumbnails
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-two_rto_error-copy.jpg  

Old 31st October 2020, 18:19   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Can you please share how did you raise the grievance?
I raised a grievance in Telangana RTO portal. They asked me to send an email to the support email address. I sent it. Don't know whether they looked at it or whether it was some normal regular updates, but 2 weeks after sending email, when I refreshed in mParivahan app, it reflected new changes.

Try Karnataka Govt's eSpandana website too for raising grievance. Found this call center news item too.

https://www.deccanherald.com/content...rievances.html

Last edited by sanchari : 31st October 2020 at 18:27.
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 20:19   #253
BHPian

Quote:
I raised a grievance in Telangana RTO portal. They asked me to send an email to the support email address. I sent it. Don't know whether they looked at it or whether it was some normal regular updates, but 2 weeks after sending email, when I refreshed in mParivahan app, it reflected new changes.

Try Karnataka Govt's eSpandana website too for raising grievance. Found this call center news item too.

https://www.deccanherald.com/content...rievances.html
Thanks, I have been trying to access Karnataka eSpandana site but it has been down whole day today so looks like it doesn't work anymore. Had seen that article too (where we can call them) but I usually prefer written communication in such cases and also was not hopeful that someone can help to fix such RC duplicate record removal issue over phone as they may need some documents etc from my end. Moreover I was also not sure if we need to talk to them in local language as I won't be able to do so but will try calling them on Monday if that's the only way. Hopefully someone may share what worked for them to reach Karnataka RTO for grievance.
Old 1st November 2020, 00:05   #254
BHPian

I have a driving licence from Telangana that was originally MCWOG. Motorcycle without gear. I added light motor vehicle last year. But neither digilocker nor m-parivahan are showing the updated classes. The only app that shows the updated info is the Telangana RTO app. Can anyone please suggest me on how to update this information?
Old 16th November 2020, 11:47   #255
BHPian

OT.
Now, having a digilocker is being made mandatory for property owners in Bengaluru, and with it the linkage to Adhaar (even if there is transaction behind it)
https://thebengalurulive.com/no-midd...ssures-owners/

Quote:
BBMP currently accesses all property data in Bengaluru from the Sub-Registrar department through the Kaveri software. “Citizens need to complete the components from 18 to 46. For this, citizens will have to use their Aadhaar-registered mobile number. Once the procedure is completed, their property documents will be stored in DigiLocker. BBMP will create an account if citizens do not have any,” Prasad said.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks