Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2019, 19:39   #121
BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

Yes, I have rooted my phone and use magisk as root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
No one can save your DL as theirs. The data servers are quiet secure and its a one way traffic from the server to your device. One cannot edit the server copy. I am not sure about the mParivahan app

Can you let meet know how you did this. I have hidden under magisk but still digi locker is not seen in the play store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
I use a rooted Android device and Digilocker works on it.
Old 7th September 2019, 08:38   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
No one can save your DL as theirs. The data servers are quiet secure and its a one way traffic from the server to your device. One cannot edit the server copy. I am not sure about the mParivahan app.
Some months back I had tried to upload my car insurance policy into Digilocker. I made a mistake entering the policy number and it happily fetched a policy for a Honda Activa registered to a local shopping mall, whose number was just one number away from my policy.
Old 7th September 2019, 09:15   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Some months back I had tried to upload my car insurance policy into Digilocker. I made a mistake entering the policy number and it happily fetched a policy for a Honda Activa registered to a local shopping mall, whose number was just one number away from my policy.
It pulled the record even when the aadhar and your name didn't match?

Damn, I have tried to pull policy as well as RC for my cars on Digilocker. Didn't work since they are on company name, and aadhar didn't match.
Old 7th September 2019, 09:26   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Damn, I have tried to pull policy as well as RC for my cars on Digilocker. Didn't work since they are on company name, and aadhar didn't match.
Digilocker was pretty new then as was the integration with New India Assurance. They probably fixed whatever bug it was that caused this.
Old 7th September 2019, 09:44   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Surprising. I can pull my brother's bike RC details on my digilocker app, along with my own vehicle RC and other documents.

There is a very poor level of authentication done to validate who is pulling which record. My guess - if you have the required fields (ID, etc), you can pull the record even if you are not the owner.
Old 7th September 2019, 09:52   #126
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Surprising. I can pull my brother's bike RC details on my digilocker app, along with my own vehicle RC and other documents.

There is a very poor level of authentication done to validate who is pulling which record. My guess - if you have the required fields (ID, etc), you can pull the record even if you are not the owner.
That is an obvious functionality. Its not necessary that only owner drives the vehicle and needs access to the RC.
srh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 10:37   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

I tried the same and it does not work. Both the cars are in my name and I tried to pull the RC for my wife phone thru digi locker and it says the name does not match.
Also till date Im unable to retrieve my pan card thru DigiLocker although all others like DL, RC have been retrieved.
Old 7th September 2019, 10:40   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I tried the same and it does not work. Both the cars are in my name and I tried to pull the RC for my wife phone thru digi locker and it says the name does not match.
Also till date Im unable to retrieve my pan card thru DigiLocker although all others like DL, RC have been retrieved.
I think they are checking for example last few digits of the policy / license number, rough match on the name so a persons name may match with their father or brother etc.

Loose checking to avoid people being inconvenienced by typos / to accommodate different spellings on different ID cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
That is an obvious functionality. Its not necessary that only owner drives the vehicle and needs access to the RC.
In such a case the owner can print or whatsapp a copy of the RC for the driver.

Last edited by hserus : 7th September 2019 at 10:41.
Old 7th September 2019, 11:18   #129

Has anyone from Karnataka uploaded their DL to digilocker?

My license is from 2007 and the format is different from what the app expects. Mine is in KA-04/F/XXXX/YYYY

I read the FAQ, converted it to the 16 digits.expected by the app and it returns DL not found. The conversion also does not account for the alphabet on my DL, 5th digit
Old 7th September 2019, 12:28   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonsharim View Post
Mine is in KA-04/F/XXXX/YYYY
Your license no. should be entered as KA-04YYYY000XXXX or KA04 YYYY000XXXX.

Cheers!
Old 7th September 2019, 13:34   #131

Had tried this format but didn't work.

Did some more digging around, turns out that if your DL has been issued before 2008 in Bangalore then it's not searchable online automatically. You need to visit RTO and get the DL added to the backlog before it appears in the search.
Old 7th September 2019, 14:07   #132
BHPian

I just added my Delhi DL to the app. Interestingly the app rejected at first saying a match is not available or something, but the second time it said the DL has already been added. So I refreshed the app and yes it was available.
Old 7th September 2019, 14:37   #133
Senior - BHPian

I am facing something unique with my DL in DigiLocker. My DL got expired on July 2014 and I renewed the same before expiry. But if I try to retrieve the DL the old expired one is displaying.
Old 7th September 2019, 14:43   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I am facing something unique with my DL in DigiLocker. My DL got expired on July 2014 and I renewed the same before expiry. But if I try to retrieve the DL the old expired one is displaying.
There's a 'Refresh' option for every document in Digilocker.

Try refreshing your DL by clicking on the three dots, which opens a drop down menu. My dad faced the same issue in Digilocker with his expired DL that was renewed. Refreshed it and the renewed DL showed up.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-1567847482099.jpg

Last edited by skanchan95 : 7th September 2019 at 14:46.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 14:52   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
There's a 'Refresh' option for every document in Digilocker.
Yes I tried that many a times. Tried adding again. Now there are two entries of DL. Both expired.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks