Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2016, 20:48   #16
BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

https://digilocker.gov.in/index.php
Tried to sign up in the above website.The username and password created during the sign up process doesn't sign me in. I get the following message-
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to some internal error. Please try again later.

We regret the inconvenience caused.

The government still needs to fix some anomalies like above before it can be used by one and all.

Has anyone here was able to sign in successfully?

Last edited by redcruiser : 8th September 2016 at 20:50.
Old 9th September 2016, 09:59   #17
BHPian

I am having same problem as redcruiser. Why cant they set up worldclass data centers like Amazon AWS in India!
Old 9th September 2016, 10:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
I am having same problem as redcruiser. Why cant they set up worldclass data centers like Amazon AWS in India!
Well, I was smart & signed up on Sunday/ Monday. No issues at all signing up.

But now, I am not able to get in as the server keeps timing out!

Should up the capacity.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Well, I was smart & signed up on Sunday/ Monday. No issues at all signing up.

But now, I am not able to get in as the server keeps timing out!

Should up the capacity.
So if you store your data in this gadget, and there is a server capacity issue or a bandwidth issue, it is god's gift for the cop who asks you for your license and RC.

Always carry the paper or plastic version.

Last edited by hserus : 9th September 2016 at 10:16.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 13:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, DigiLocker based DL/RC will be as follows, (from the FAQ and correct me if I'm wrong in my interpretation)
1. The issuing authority will have to provide or push the document to a certain DigiLocker. It'll depend on the Aadhaar number associated. ie DigiLocker and Driving Licenses/RC will have to have the same Aadhaar.
1.a. Issuing authority is transport department in this case.
1.b. Seems like different authorities will come into fold and provide similar digital documents. Education dept seems to be another such authority who will provide marksheets etc.
2. An URI will be pushed to DigiLocker account and the same can be accessed by authority when they want to check the validity. This will be over a secured connection.
3. One can upload their own documents but they are not verified/issued documents. So, you wont be uploading your own DL/RC. It seems there is an option of e-sign these type of documents.
4. Like someone said, what about places which doesn't have proper network or law&order authority is not competent enough.
5. Security concerns, enough said already.
Anyway, I won't just dismiss this off totally now itself and will wait and watch. Sometimes this type of initiatives turns out to be blessing in disguise.
Regards,
Old 19th September 2016, 13:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
1. The issuing authority will have to provide or push the document to a certain DigiLocker. It'll depend on the Aadhaar number associated. ie DigiLocker and Driving Licenses/RC will have to have the same Aadhaar.
I opened a DigiLocker account today but was unable to pull the documents from the partners. In my case both the the RC and DL are from different states. Is it that the RC and DL also need to be updated with Aadhaar number?

Also in this case, will it make sense to directly upload the scanned copy of the documents.
Attached Thumbnails
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-team_bhp_dl.jpg  

Last edited by dpkbehera : 19th September 2016 at 14:00.
Old 24th September 2016, 21:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Is it that the RC and DL also need to be updated with Aadhaar number?

As per the FAQ of Digilocker site, only requirement is for the name in Vehicle documents and Aadhar to match exactly. So, I guess you don't need to have RC/DL updated with Aadhar number

Quote:
While fetching the MoRTH digital records in DigiLocker, your name in your Aadhaar card should EXACTLY match your name in the RC & DL database of the National Register. If there is any discrepancy between the two, the record will not be fetched. This is a way to ensure that only the rightful owner of the documents is able to fetch the digital DL & RC.
Old 31st October 2016, 12:28   #23

Dear Team

I have recently downloaded Digilocker App on my mobile and linked it with my Aadhar. Presently it is allowing to download only Driving License and Registration copy of vehicle. By providing relevant details, I have downloaded both. My question is whether it is acceptable all across Maharashtra & other states or still we need to carry originals? Anyone has tried with a traffic cop? Negative is it work only with internet. PLease share your views..

Regards
MAnoj
Old 31st October 2016, 20:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
There is an Amazon AWS as we speak, in Mumbai. But that doesn't guarentee that you are being served from Mumbai. All data has to be saved in multiple locations.

As far as I know, it's safe, after having worked in a video cloud company for the last few years. Also, most of your personal data is available online, And the govt maintains it. This is one way to have your personal copy, that is easily accessible.

what all do we use the cloud for, these days? We offer video, all your meetings are possibly recorded and saved in the cloud. And, the video that flows through, uses public internet in a lot of ways.

We use it to upload all company confidential information, all excel sheets are on Google drive. Mail is Gmail, pdfs on box and the list goes on.
I believe insider info leak is 100 times more dangerous.
Old 1st November 2016, 19:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Well atleast traffic cops wont be able to grab your phyisical license and walk off while concocting a way to extract money from you. so +1
What if they walk away with your phone instead ?

I have always used a laminated colour Xerox and once a cop did walk away with the same. I waited for a bit, he dint seem like he was coming back might have expected me to come and plead. Needless to say I scooted from the scene shortly thereafter. The photo copies were I think 30 bucks each and I always get 5 copies done for any new vehicle of ours.
cooldude1988765 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 12:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

I was stopped yesterday during a routine traffic check.
The cop asked me for my driving license and the car's documents. When I showed him my Driving License & Car's RC on my mobile that was generated using the Digilocker app, he flatly refused to accept it. He said they have not received any notification from the govt to accept such "Mobile based" documents.
I had my Driving License in my purse and the car's RC, Insurance & PUC in the car and I promptly showed them to him. He let me go after seeing all the documents.
What's the use of the Government promoting such initiatives linked to Digitial India when at the ground level, the cops still want to verify the documents in the "Old fashioned" way.
skanchan95 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 20:14   #27
BHPian

Could forum members please update? Anyone tried using the mobile app instead of the physical driving license - I mean showing a Traffic Cop the mobile app instead of the physical driving license? With what result?

Also, has anybody been able to locate the official Notification (if any) permitting drivers to carry the mobile with the app instead of the actual license?
Old 17th June 2017, 18:27   #28

Hello Everyone,

I have been able to get my RC book linked in the Digilocker, however not the driving license. Whenever I try to link it, an error message stating "Unable to locate your records" comes. I suspect this has to do with the format of the DL number. Has anyone been able to link DL issued in Kerala State? The number contains "/" which I suspect is causing the issue.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
I suspect this has to do with the format of the DL number. Has anyone been able to link DL issued in Kerala State? The number contains "/" which I suspect is causing the issue.
I believe I have the same issue with my Maharashtra issued license. There are "/" in between the number series, and it says my records are not found. Was able to download RCs though.
Old 19th June 2017, 14:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Telangana has launched RTA mWallet app for the purpose. One can access RC, License but not seperate insurance document and PUC Certificate.

What I mean by separate insurance document is, if the vehicle is new, it shows the policy number, vehi le details, date of expiry but when insurance is renewed, no such renewal is shown.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks