Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 15:41   #46
BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

I am one of the early adopters of the Digilocker when it was launched some time back. I had uploaded the pdf version of the RC, insurance and License of my car.

With the option to directly import the RC and license directly from the respective state RTO, i tried to do import my car's RC and was able to successfully add it to the Digilocker.

How ever when i tried to import my License, i kept getting an error: Records doesn't match.

I visited the MP transport department website and verified that my license is indeed active. I noticed that my name in the license doesn't have 'H' at the end like any other south Indian names. The Aadhar card has this 'H'

Called MP transport helpline and was told that i need to visit the respective RTO and make a written application to update my name
Old 8th February 2018, 16:02   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
... Called MP transport helpline and was told that i need to visit the respective RTO and make a written application to update my name
It is better to correct the name spelling sooner than later (either in Aadhaar or DL) because talks about mandatory linking of Aadhaar with DL is happening and once that process begins, you would face similar issue at that time due to name mismatch.
Old 8th February 2018, 16:19   #48
Team-BHP Support

Considering all my vehicles are in company name, I don't think I'll be able to download the RC to my DigiLocker. I probably shouldn't bother.
Old 9th February 2018, 11:36   #49
Team-BHP Support

Anyway, I contacted their tech support, and I got a reply.

Quote:
Dear User,

An account has been opened in DigiLocker because this number was registered with CBSE and DigiLocker has a tie up with CBSE to provide Digital Marksheet through mobile number.

Please note that this number is registered for <The name of my son>.

DigiLocker,
Government of India
Since my son didn't have a mobile phone last year (when he was 16), he had provided my number for CBSE registration. So the DigiLocker account belongs to him now.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 12:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Since my son didn't have a mobile phone last year (when he was 16), he had provided my number for CBSE registration. So the DigiLocker account belongs to him now.
Does your son have own mobile number linked to his Aadhaar now? If so, he has two Digilocker accounts now!

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 9th February 2018 at 12:47.
Old 9th February 2018, 12:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Do your son have own mobile number linked to his Aadhaar now? If so, he has two Digilocker accounts now!
They have made the elementary error of assuming that the mobile number is a unique key, and forgot the corner case where a family member or enrolment agent may add their own number in cases where people without a cellphone (eg: minors, elderly people etc) have to furnish aadhaar for something.

Completely expected given the sort of ugly mess the Aadhaar implementation is, currently.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 12:53   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does your son have own mobile number linked to his Aadhaar now? If so, he has two Digilocker accounts now!
Yes, he has an aadhar card now linked to his own mobile number. He might indeed have two DigiLocker accounts now.

What a mess!
Old 9th February 2018, 16:41   #53
BHPian

Another similar app regarding vehicle is 'mParivahan'

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...arivahan&hl=en

You can download your vehicle RC & DL details electronically. Till recently this app had difficulties in retrieving the DL info into the app. When I tried the same few days back I could download it and store it in my mobile. The difference that I see between these two is 'QR Code' which is found in mParivahan app.

The App says we van create the virtual RC & DL, but the acceptance of the same is a big question in majority of the States. However we can hope that we are moving towards it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
I noticed that my name in the license doesn't have 'H' at the end like any other south Indian names. The Aadhar card has this 'H'
In mParivahan App, you can download the RC / DL details even when there is name mismatch between these two. My name was not typed-in fully, so even now digitally I can see only my partial name in my RC info, although I corrected the details in physical Certificate. For DL it asks for DOB, if you want to store it in App.

Last edited by batman : 9th February 2018 at 16:56. Reason: Addl info added
Old 9th February 2018, 16:48   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
...Till recently this app had difficulties in retrieving the DL info into the app. When I tried the same few days back I could download it and store it in my mobile...
I still couldn't download the DL in this mParivahan app even though RC could be easily downloaded.

Both DigiLocker and mParivahan are supposed to pull the RC/DL from the same central repository of MoRTH; and I have pulled both RC and DL in DigiLocker. Hence not sure why the DL download doesn't work in mParivahan!
Old 9th February 2018, 17:08   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I still couldn't download the DL in this mParivahan app even though RC could be easily downloaded.
Yes, this app had issues and even the latest version is 2.0.10 released in Dec' 2017 had difficulties in retrieving the DL data even 10 days back. But the earlier version 2.0.3 could download DL data, when I tested it but not RC data.
Old 9th February 2018, 23:36   #56
BHPian

As of now DigiLocker does not have any authentication mechanism during app relaunch, once user has logged in. Till then users will have to use app locks given that Digilocker can contain a lot of important documents.
Old 13th February 2018, 08:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
The cop asked me for my driving license and the car's documents. When I showed him my Driving License & Car's RC on my mobile that was generated using the Digilocker app, he flatly refused to accept it. He said they have not received any notification from the govt to accept such "Mobile based" documents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Kudos to DeitY, MoRTH & UIDAI!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
After hearing that Bangalore traffic will accepter DigiLocker, I decided to install the app on my phone.
Samurai had heard it right. The related article in TOI gave the following information:

Quote:
Transport Commissioner B Dayananda said the state transport department has notified that documents including driving licence, registration certificate and emission certificate stored in the Digilocker app is deemed to be the original certificates.

It would be treated on par with certificates issued by the department in the form of smart card or paper form, he said
But going by skanchan95's experience, it is clear that the cop on the street is still unwilling to go digital, thereby defeating the purpose. Do we have something concrete - other than newspaper reports - to fall back upon to convince them? Well, for starters, there is this advertisement published by the Government of Karnataka in all major newspapers.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-digilocker.jpg

Then there is the circular itself, a copy of which could be kept in our phones (in the digilocker app ).

For a detailed explanation on how to use digilocker, you can see this.

In larger public interest, I have uploaded both the documents here too.

PS:The orders referred to here are specific to the state of Karnataka and hence would not be useful in other states.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Digilocker_circular.pdf (134.7 KB, 441 views)
File Type: pdf DigilockerProcedure.pdf (1.24 MB, 854 views)
dailydriver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 09:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Samurai had heard it right. The related article in TOI gave the following information:

But going by skanchan95's experience, it is clear that the cop on the street is still unwilling to go digital, thereby defeating the purpose. Do we have something concrete - other than newspaper reports - to fall back upon to convince them? Well, for starters, there is this advertisement published by the Government of Karnataka in all major newspapers.

Attachment 1730399

Then there is the circular itself, a copy of which could be kept in our phones (in the digilocker app ).

For a detailed explanation on how to use digilocker, you can see this.

In larger public interest, I have uploaded both the documents here too.

PS:The orders referred to here are specific to the state of Karnataka and hence would not be useful in other states.
Thanks lot for a copy of the circular. Good to see that the Karnataka govt acted on it. The copy will be helpful if some traffic cop does not accept the Digilocker generated DL or RC.

But then, with our ignorant and greedy cops, we never know. They might even file a case against you for arguing with them and "showing them the rules".
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 11:08   #59
Team-BHP Support

They finally gave me the userid and what the password would be, provided I knew certain information. I was able to login finally. It already had my son's Class Xth marksheet and Class Xth migration certificate. Both were digitally signed. I just have to change the mobile number to his new number, and I can get my mobile number freed up.

Edit: I could finally access my Digilocker account. After linking with the aadhar card, I could only retrieve my aadhar card in the Digilocker. My DL last issued in 2009 didn't download. I couldn't get car registration either since it is in my company name. The DL will be possibly accessible once I renew it next year, and link it with aadhar.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th February 2018 at 12:17.
Old 19th July 2018, 15:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

Government may allow digital versions of vehicle documents

According to a media report, the Government of India is planning an amendment to the Motor Vehicles Rules. Once the new rules come into effect, traffic police will be able to accept digital copies of vehicle documents like registration certificates, driving licenses, certificates of insurance, pollution certificates and commercial vehicle permits. Physical copies of the documents need not be carried.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-delhi-license.jpg

To avail the service, one has to first create an account on DigiLocker, the government's cloud-based service. The required documents can be fetched from various government organisations and will be seen in the 'Issued Documents' section of the app. However, documents uploaded by the user will not be accepted. These are shown under the 'Uploaded Documents' section. The digital documents can also be shared with other departments to be used as identity or address proof. The DigiLocker App is available for download for Android and iOS phones.

The draft also includes new rules that will make it mandatory for construction materials like sand and soil to be carried only in a closed body. It is also mentioned that fitness certificates for freight vehicles should be renewed every two years. The current rule makes it mandatory to renew the certificate annually.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-digilocker-1.jpg

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-digilocker-4.jpg

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-digilocker-2.jpg

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-digilocker-3.jpg

Source: Economic Times

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by ChiragM : 19th July 2018 at 15:29.
ChiragM is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed