Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2019, 00:48   #106
Team-BHP Support

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatia.D17 View Post
Today my father was challaned for not presenting a valid driving license when he showed his license on the mParivahan App. The Traffic Police officer simply rejected the DL on the app.

What's the use of campaigning about Digital India if the Capital itself cannot follow the same.
Delhi still doesn't accept Digilocker or MParivahan apps. Only few states do so far, and Delhi isn't one of them. If they haven't received a departmental circular, they will not honor it.

Here is the list of all departments and states that accept them.

https://digilocker.gov.in/resource/d..._circulars.php

This week I showed Digilocker DL at Bangalore Airport, and they accepted it without any reaction.

My physical DL is still not shipped out. So I am driving everywhere using Digilocker DL.
Samurai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 18:05   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Delhi still doesn't accept Digilocker or MParivahan apps. Only few states do so far, and Delhi isn't one of them. If they haven't received a departmental circular, they will not honor it.
The circular is clearly addressed to all stated and UTs. Isn't it then against the law for the police in Delhi to not accept it?

Has anyone had any experience with DigiLocker documents in Chennai/Tamil nadu?

Also, has anyone had any experience with what happens in the case of an accident? The police here require 3 copies of the DL, RC and insurance. Can digilocker screen shots be submitted?

And lastly, I am unable to pull up my Bajaj Alliance Insurance that I got when I purchased my car. Bajaj Alliance is listed as a provider in DigiLocker, but I still cant fetch the document there. When I called Bajaj, they said they have no idea about DigiLocker. Anyone faced the same issue?
Old 28th May 2019, 18:18   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Delhi still doesn't accept Digilocker or MParivahan apps.
Delhi Traffic Police accepts it. I was recently stopped in central Delhi, I showed them both, my DL and RC in digilocker.

I also showed both the documents to cops in Digilocker in Mumbai earlier this month, accepted there as well.
Old 25th June 2019, 21:04   #109
BHPian

Hello folks, I'm looking for some help here.

I have never used my Aadhar as an ID for any services, and therefore my DL, PAN etc nothing is linked to my Aadhar. Now, I happened to misplace my wallet a couple of days back. By sheer luck, I had been pulled over earlier that morning and after showing my DL and documents to the cops, I'd kept it all in the glove box and therefore, my DL wasn't in my wallet. Now I'm a little paranoid about keeping my DL in my wallet again, since I don't think I want to run around so much to procure a duplicate, if it does get lost.

I've known about Digilocker for some time now, but since my DL isn't linked, I can't access it. I have the digital DL on the mParivahan app and a direct download from the Sarathi website, but according to the general consensus on this thread, the police generally prefers Digilocker over other types of digital DL. I have the Govt. notification on my phone too, just in case.

Has anyone here linked their Aadhar with their DL online? A quick Google search shows the process is very easy, but I wasn't able to find the required options on the Sarathi website. If there's no way to do it, is it safe to pull up the digital DL on the mParivahan app, or the direct download from the website?

Attached picture of the download below (certain fields blanked):

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-img20190625wa0020.jpg
Old 26th June 2019, 14:05   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
If there's no way to do it, is it safe to pull up the digital DL on the mParivahan app, or the direct download from the website?
It is called digital copy for a reason, it has to be displayed digitally using an approved software. Printout of a digital license/RC is not the same. Even the jpeg of a digital license is not valid.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 02:33   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I just came across this article in ToI; haven't really heard/read about "DigiLocker" earlier.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/N.../54023618.cms?

Not sure what the objective of this has been; nor the efficacy of the whole process.
I disagree in entirety with your post.

It’s towards digital copies and payments we must march towards. It can end the corruption that’s bitten our souls and nation.

The digital age has the power to bring information and solutions to everyone’s finger tips like never ever before. And we must leverage it. Going digital - including using AI to store our information securely and using that to authenticate is the way forward.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 14:52   #112
BHPian

I had categorically asked the following police departments regarding their take on Digilocker DL and RC:

1) Noida Traffic police : immediate reply in affirmative, they accept DIGILOCKER docs.
2) Ghaziabad Traffic Police : Same as above
3) Delhi Traffic police: Somewhat delayed response, but AFFIRMATIVE

Now twist in the tale:

1) Chandigarh traffic police: Accepted DIGILOCKER for "normal checking" , but for challan and seizure purposes, "ORIGINAL PAPER" documents mandatory!

2) Jaipur Traffic Police: Initial response : NOT ACCEPTED. After about 1 hour, it says something similar to what Chandigarh Police says!

This is clearly confusing and/or illegal: There is absolutely no sense in carrying BOTH digital and hard copy! The very purpose is defeated.

The interpretation of Chandigarh and Jaipur traffic police, regarding the usage of DIGILOCKER docs, is clearly not in line with the intent of the DIGILOCKER platform, as clearly, seizures may also be digitally recorded.

What do you have to say on this?
lapis_lazuli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 17:51   #113
BHPian

Has anyone been able to import their driving license or RC issued from any of the RTO's in Madhya Pradesh to DigiLocker?

except for MP, i can see all other states in the list. Same issue with the parivahan portal as well
Old 6th September 2019, 10:58   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

This was uploaded by Mr. Navdeep Virk, DGP Law & Order, Haryana. Digilocker actually has the option of Insurance policy also and it's updated on regular basis.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-screenshot_20190906105529__01.jpg

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-img_20190906_110500.jpg

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-img_20190906_105421.jpg

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-img_20190906_105423.jpg

Link to tweet

Last edited by BoneCollector : 6th September 2019 at 11:03.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:44   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
I disagree in entirety with your post.
That's ok. But before you do, think about the probability of acceptance (by a cop being shown the DL/RC on Digilocker vs. original hard copy).

It's been three years since that post and can you be assured there will be unconditional acceptance of Digilocker across the length and breadth of the country? Digital revolution and all that jazz is ok, and I'm on board that train. But our cops aren't.
Old 6th September 2019, 11:57   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
It's been three years since that post and can you be assured there will be unconditional acceptance of Digilocker across the length and breadth of the country? Digital revolution and all that jazz is ok, and I'm on board that train. But our cops aren't.
There was a time when railway tickets were printed out in paper and everything changed overnight when IR implemented e ticket. Now, we show our id's and SMS and ticket collectors accept it. Make no mistakes, sarkari karamcharis are quick to learn, if it means their survival.

The main problem here is the nationwide approval. While some states accept it, other don't.

Last edited by srini1785 : 6th September 2019 at 12:03.
Old 6th September 2019, 12:25   #117
BHPian

Tried to use mParivahan to check my DL status. To my horror, my DL number showing that that number belongs to some other person by name Venkatesha S G.
Now I am worried whether a new DL is issued in his name or he just saved my DL as his :(

Between, can not install digilocker on my mobile (LG V30+ oreo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
There was a time when railway tickets were printed out in paper and everything changed overnight when IR implemented e ticket. Now, we show our id's and SMS and ticket collectors accept it. Make no mistakes, sarkari karamcharis are quick to learn, if it means their survival.

The main problem here is the nationwide approval. While some states accept it, other don't.

Last edited by girishv : 6th September 2019 at 12:30. Reason: Added about Digilocker
Old 6th September 2019, 12:43   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Tried to use mParivahan to check my DL status. To my horror, my DL number showing that that number belongs to some other person by name Venkatesha S G.
Now I am worried whether a new DL is issued in his name or he just saved my DL as his :(

Between, can not install digilocker on my mobile (LG V30+ oreo).
No one can save your DL as theirs. The data servers are quiet secure and its a one way traffic from the server to your device. One cannot edit the server copy. I am not sure about the mParivahan app. But Digilocker clearly doesn't ask for your license numbers. Based on the various information you have fed into the app, like your name, date of birth, aadhar etc, it pulls most of the digital documents automatically from the central server. Digilocker is available in play-store and you should be able to install on any android device. However it does not work on rooted devices. Is your mobile device rooted ?

Last edited by SR-71 : 6th September 2019 at 12:46.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 13:09   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
However it does not work on rooted devices. Is your mobile device rooted ?
I use a rooted Android device and Digilocker works on it.
Old 6th September 2019, 14:27   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
I use a rooted Android device and Digilocker works on it.
AFAIU it depends on how you rooted your device. There are ways to hide your root from app and makes app unaware of the fact that the device is rooted. As far as I know digilocker should not work with rooted android device unless you have taken efforts to mask it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...phone-t3877624

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks