Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2019, 10:36   #151
BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

The Karnataka DL cant be fetched into both the DigLocker & mParivahan as of date.

Guess the cops want the people to still carry physical copies - so much for Digital India in India Silicon Valley.
Old 10th September 2019, 10:45   #152
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
The Karnataka DL cant be fetched into both the DigLocker & mParivahan as of date.

Guess the cops want the people to still carry physical copies - so much for Digital India in India Silicon Valley.

I have downloaded my Karnataka DL issued by Mysore RTO into Digilocker App. I have also downloaded the RC of my Car. Physical copy of insurance and emission certificate is necessary though!
Old 10th September 2019, 10:45   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Ministry of Road transport has mandated, back in November 2018, that it is perfectly OK to carry and produce all vehicle related documents in electronic form, be it RC book, license, insurance etc. There are indeed some idiotic traffic cops who ask for physical copies, but obviously they are not aware of the regulations. The notification is available on the Ministry website and dated November 19, 2018.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 11:29   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I have downloaded my Karnataka DL issued by Mysore RTO into Digilocker App. I have also downloaded the RC of my Car. Physical copy of insurance and emission certificate is necessary though!
Yes it used to work but now you get an error message - a service when you need the most had been disabled.
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-25e26c0036db43e586124bfe5f7634b9.png
Old 10th September 2019, 11:49   #155
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it used to work but now you get an error message - a service when you need the most had been disabled.

Works for me. Just tried to download another RC card and it did not throw up any error.

Also Bangalore Traffic Police has already clarified on this regard. Refer to the article in the link below.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/tech...rivahan-o.html
Attached Thumbnails
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-screenshot_20190910114257.png  

MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 12:05   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Attachment 1913999
Instead of accessing through the state road transport database, you can also try accessing through the "All States" data base. I used this database to get my insurance certificate.

This is the procedure:
1. Use an internet browser and log into digilocker.gov.in

2. In the fetched document list, click the Get More button
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-get-more.jpg

3. Click on the DL icon.
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-dl.jpg

4. Select the Ministry of Transport, All States" icon.
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-all-states.jpg

5. Name and date of birth will be prefetched from your Aadhar details. Fill in License details, check the "I consent" box, and click on the Get Document. If your name in DL matches with Aadhar, it will get downloaded to your account. Now you will see this in your DigiLocker app in your phone.
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-fill-details.jpg
graaja is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 12:25   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Instead of accessing through the state road transport database, you can also try accessing through the "All States" data base. I used this database to get my insurance certificate.
This worked !!
Thanks
LonelyPlanet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 12:44   #158
Senior - BHPian

Can someone let me know how to link car insurance to digilocker ? Using ICICI
Old 10th September 2019, 12:57   #159
BHPian

God! Just now my mParivaahan got updated on Android and it removed all my RC and DL from my dashboard. Lesson, please keep a copy of them at least in photo, so you can map it at verification stage.
Old 10th September 2019, 13:04   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Can someone let me know how to link car insurance to digilocker ? Using ICICI
If ICICI is not under the list of service providers, you can download using the All State database. I did this for my Bharati Axa insurance.

Follow the procedure I have explained a couple of posts before.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4655029

In the third step, type the keyword "Insurance" in the search field. You will see All States Ministry of Road, Vehicle Insurance option.
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-all-state-insurance.jpg

Open this option and fill in your vehicle details to download the insurance.
National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-fill-insurance.jpg
graaja is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 18:22   #161
BHPian

I have been trying to pull my DL from MP govt transport depart for a long time. Earlier it wasn't integrated with the national registry of road transport ministry.

Yesterday when i checked MP transport depart was there and i attempted to pull my DL in to digilocker. But kept getting error:"Details provided do not match with the information".

Letter 'H' which is present in my name as per Aadhar is missing in DL. i left it at that. Today when i logged in to Digilocker while going thru this thread, i was surprised to see my DL was imported to the locker

I was also able to import my insurance as well. I already had RC. So now except for PUC, all other documents related to my car are in DigiLocker.
Old 11th September 2019, 18:19   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It pulled the record even when the aadhar and your name didn't match?

Damn, I have tried to pull policy as well as RC for my cars on Digilocker. Didn't work since they are on company name, and aadhar didn't match.
I have a similar scenario. Digilocker pulled my MH driving license which has my name mis-spelt with 2 characters. I have been wondering how digilocker managed to pull my license despite the name mismatch but it did pull the right one. Perhaps it does multiple matches, like name, father's name, DOB and then take a call. It cant be name alone. Multiple people can share name, but the probability of collision goes down with multiple data input, like name / DOB / Father's name etc.
Old 12th September 2019, 13:40   #163
BHPian

Just came across this thread. I have installed Digilocker few days ago and used it. Simple and user friendly features.

Once you login, under issue section, if you have document details like unique number etc., you can enter the same and the app will fetch documents like aadhar card, driving license and pan card from respective G.O.I. records. You can then download and save them in pdf format at your end. These documents will have a digilocker certified stamp.
You can also upload documents to the locker as well.

Last edited by SSD2122 : 12th September 2019 at 13:47. Reason: Formatting
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 14:24   #164
Senior - BHPian

A few queries:

a) Is it possible to delete obsolete documents from one's DigiLocker account? I am unable to get rid of the RC of my car which I sold off last year.

b) Do insurance certificates uploaded to DigiLocker not get refreshed, at least if renewed with the same providers? If not, should I delete (goes back to point a above) and fetch again?

c) Can we upload PUC certificates to DigiLocker as well?

d) Has anyone faced a situation wherein traffic cops were not ready to accept these digital copies, especially during inter-state travel?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by cool_dube : 12th September 2019 at 14:34.
Old 16th September 2019, 14:12   #165
BANNED

When I pulled my DL which was issued in 2001, there are lots of bad data including spelling mistake. How can I fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
God! Just now my mParivaahan got updated on Android and it removed all my RC and DL from my dashboard. Lesson, please keep a copy of them at least in photo, so you can map it at verification stage.
Had the same issue, uninstalled it.

Most Viewed