Team-BHP - Scoop! BMW imports all-new G30 530d into India. EDIT: 520d as well
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! BMW imports all-new G30 530d into India. EDIT: 520d as well (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/179990-scoop-bmw-imports-all-new-g30-530d-into-india-edit-520d-well.html)

Scoop! BMW imports all-new G30 530d into India

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

BMW has imported the all-new G30 530d into India for homologation. This import comes even before the car's official global unveiling, which is expected to take place next month at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. This suggests that the German automaker is planning to bring the new 5-Series to India sooner than expected.

Available import data shows that a BMW 530d has been brought in from Germany on September 7, 2016. Decoding the VIN of this imported car reveals that it is actually the G30 530d.

The seventh-generation BMW 5-Series is built on the Cluster Architecture (CLAR) of the new 7-Series. Recent spy shots have also revealed that the exterior design of the 5-Series will be inspired by its bigger sibling. Media reports have claimed that the new car will be around 100 kg lighter than the model it replaces due to the use of aluminium and other light weight elements in the car's construction.

Detailed specifications of the new BMW 530d G30 have not yet surfaced, but the import data and decoded VIN shows that it is powered by a 2,993 cc (3.0-litre) turbocharged diesel engine, mated to an automatic gearbox.

The G30 5-Series will replace the F10 that has been on sale since 2011. It will compete against the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Audi A6, and the Jaguar XF. The new 5 will be offered as a sedan (G30), with a wagon (G31) and a GT (G32) joining the line-up at a later stage.

Scoop! BMW imports all-new G30 530d into India. EDIT: 520d as well-unnamed-1.jpg

Scoop! BMW imports all-new G30 530d into India. EDIT: 520d as well-unnamed-2.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

That is quite fast, bringing the car to Indian shores for testing even before the global unveil and that too the mighty 530D. As per the renderings, the 530D m sport looks hot, i wish the car comes with adaptive suspension as that gives a lot of options for the driver to choose either comfort or sport suspension settings.

Seems BMW would not delay the launch a lot compared to the global launch as the 5 series is a very good seller for them matching Audi's A6 sales.

BMW has now brought in a less powerful version of the new-gen 5 Series. The G30 BMW 520d gets a 2.0-litre, turbocharged diesel engine, in comparison to the 530d's bigger 3.0-litre mill.

Link to Team-BHP News

Scoop! BMW imports all-new G30 530d into India. EDIT: 520d as well-unnamed.jpg

Scoop! BMW imports all-new G30 530d into India. EDIT: 520d as well-g30-520d.jpg

Mod Note: G30 5-Series posts moved into a new thread. Thanks for sharing!

Great news, thanks for sharing it! Although some may not like the eyes-meeting-grill design on a 5-series. This includes me.

It looks good on F30 but not on bigger models. However, it seems that this will be the design for all the models in coming years.

Once it is launched internationally, I wonder what would be the discounts on the current model which already is being offered at 8-9L off.

New 5 series launching in india on June 29.

Engine options to include 520d, 530d and 530i(but its the twin turbo 2 litre i4, gotta hate BMWs naming now)

Source: Autocar India