Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2016, 09:02   #121
BHPian

Re: 2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum

Are the interiors of Liva Platinum the same as Etios? I mean, does it get passenger's hand rest, ERVM and other things similar to Etios?
Old 25th September 2016, 11:26   #122
Senior - BHPian

Have Toyota also added the padding under the trunk? I took a Uber cab last morning and found the black covering underneath the trunk. A welcome change from the rest of the manufacturers who leave them uncovered and wires exposed.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 11:37   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Are the interiors of Liva Platinum the same as Etios? I mean, does it get passenger's hand rest, ERVM and other things similar to Etios?
Everything except the rear arm rest and 3 point seat belts for the 5th passenger is provided on the liva - http://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/etios-liva/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Have Toyota also added the padding under the trunk? I took a Uber cab last morning and found the black covering underneath the trunk. A welcome change from the rest of the manufacturers who leave them uncovered and wires exposed.
Yes, this was already added even before the platinum etios. If my memory is correct, it comes along with 2014 model onwards.

Last edited by amalji : 25th September 2016 at 11:41.
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 17:08   #124
BHPian

Toyota has added a damper in the engine hood in the top models of both the Liva and Etios (VX, VXD). Its sorely missing in G & V models. I could not check GD & VD - so cant say. It would be a good addition to reduce NVH levels a bit.

Also you still get only one reversing light (on the right side / driver's side). Why on earth has Toyota decided to give only one?

Last edited by dileep : 25th September 2016 at 17:15. Reason: Adding information related to the post
dileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 17:24   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Also you still get only one reversing light (on the right side / driver's side). Why on earth has Toyota decided to give only one?
There's a big discussion on this here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17112
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 10:47   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Offers are out on the Etios Platinum "twins" for Central/State government employees, valid till 31st December 2016. (link)

Among other things, a prospective customer can also avail an extended warranty package of 5 years/1,80,000 kms or 7 years/1,40,000 kms, over and above the standard warranty of 3 years/1,00,000 kms!

Quote:
N Raja, Director and Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd said, “We are delighted to launch this special program for the central and state government employees aligned with the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission. The 7th Pay Commission will be a positive boost for auto industry owing to the rise in income levels and spending capacity. It comes at the right time when we have launched our New Platinum Etios and Etios Liva to largely attract personal customers with enhanced comfort features pushing the boundaries of traveling experiences. Customers can leverage from the ‘Drive the Nation’ initiative and maximize their purchase when they buy New Etios and Liva.”
2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-toyotaannouncesetiosspecialoffer80805.jpg

2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-toyotaannouncesetiosspecialoffer80806.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th September 2016 at 10:51.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 12:41   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
And then there was light... err White.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Just booked a Platinum Etios V (Petrol) Silver at Galaxy Toyota, Delhi.

Once I have the car, I'll be updating my experiences on this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...oint-view.html
Looking forward to your updates. Please inform and enlighten us on your new car and regale us with photos and reviews. Don't worry about the skeptics. I will take them seriously if they can point to a better car at this price or even one lakh above. Space, engine, dynamics, safety, comfort, reliability - which other car gives you this. I would like to know.
jhaji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 14:37   #128
BHPian

I never thought I would say this, but I would gladly go for the Etios now more than ever! Over the years we've come to realise it's a safe and reliable car to travel in albeit with the drab exteriors and interiors! Now the new bumpers, subtle changes in the interiors has made this a pleasing car to look at! If only they had made the headlamps sleeker, it would have been great!
Old 14th October 2016, 12:36   #129

Test drove the new Etios Liva 1.2 petrol version. The front fascia does uplifts the mood and looks interesting than the previous version. Overall as many have a said earlier a complete package in terms of space, quality, safety and reliability. A point to note is the Liva also provides the three point seatbelt for the middle passenger in rear seat- its not a lap belt.

The only negative thing which I felt during my test drive is either the steering had a lot of play at the centre or it wasn't returning to the dead centre while driving.I am not sure of the problem. The test car was only 38 kms driven. Is it a know issue / niggle or something specific to the car. Please share your experiences.
Old 14th October 2016, 17:03   #130
Senior - BHPian

Did a TD of the Platinum Etios Petrol VX. I was impressed so were my family members.

It's pick up is good and there's a nice rasp from the engine on accelerating, it doesn't roll as much as my Elantra (haha), ride is on the firm side but nothing to complain about, brakes have a nice bite, There's not much of tyre noise and refinement is quiet good: meaning you don't hear stones hitting the wheel wells as I was expecting from the reports of poor NVH of earlier models, seating position is good, got comfy as soon as I got in. Rear A/C vents missing, but a/c is a chiller (coming from a Hyundai fan), my wife sitting next to me tried shutting of the vents on her side.

Clutch is soft and easy to modulate and gear shift is positive and did miss any gears during the TD. Rear seating position is good and high with good amount of thigh support, three medium sized adults is no problem, floor is almost flat to accommodate the middle rear passenger and cabin is airy and has large windows, it's comes with a very light beige upholstery which may require care on long use. Boot space is excellent (592litres)! Spare is a steel wheel.

I'm not a music person, I prefer listening to my engine than songs when I drive, that said I didn't check the music system at all. My son who was dead against the car comes back saying this all the car anyone needs, he's impressed, my daughter unfortunately was attending college so she couldn't join us on the TD. The first thing I'd change after buying the car would be it's horn, that's the only weak point I can think of, I couldn't comment on the headlights as it was afternoon that we did the TD.

Gist: I'd suggest this car to anyone who is in for a sensible sedan on a budget or even if you have deeper pockets you could buy this car and save the rest for a small car!! Cost is Rs 782990 ex showroom, 88199 Road Tax, regn, etc, Rs 37489 Toyota Protect Insurance(B2B), Toyota Genuine Accessories Rs 17500, Toyota true Warranty Rs 10005 (5yr/100000 kms).

I was serviced by Lanson Toyota Chennai. The Sales person said I was free to take insurance from outside also and I could opt out of accessories and Toyota True Warranty. Accessories include according to the brochure: Floor mats, mud flap, BCP Black ??, Head lamp chrome garnish, Rear lamp chrome garnish, Leg room lamp, Car Cover (Tyvek) I dont need that as it stands in a covered portico at home, Luggage tray. Dear friends, I need to know your thoughts as to what I should take from the dealer and what should I leave. I think I'll take the insurance from outside and It will come cheaper. The sales person said I could pick and choose accessories that I need. I think I'll take the mud flaps alone and leave the carpets to be taken from outside as I think we can get better quality and a better price from outside.

Last edited by Eddy : 14th October 2016 at 17:13. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Durango Dude is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 17:38   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Did a TD of the Platinum Etios Petrol VX. I was impressed so were my family members.

I was serviced by Lanson Toyota Chennai. The Sales person said I was free to take insurance from outside also and I could opt out of accessories and Toyota True Warranty. Accessories include according to the brochure: Floor mats, mud flap, BCP Black ??, Head lamp chrome garnish, Rear lamp chrome garnish, Leg room lamp, Car Cover (Tyvek) I dont need that as it stands in a covered portico at home, Luggage tray. Dear friends, I need to know your thoughts as to what I should take from the dealer and what should I leave. I think I'll take the insurance from outside and It will come cheaper. The sales person said I could pick and choose accessories that I need. I think I'll take the mud flaps alone and leave the carpets to be taken from outside as I think we can get better quality and a better price from outside.
Thanks for the crisp report. As regards accessories, the luggage tray is really good and useful. Based on my Liva accessories experience, I will say that their premium carpets are good material and have lasted 5 years for me. Unless of course you are looking for different colour and design. Mud flaps, one lands up taking from the dealer, but at least in Liva they did not last for very long. Chrome garnish on head lamp and rear lamp does not look good, in my opinion.

Will look forward to hear your experience of this car in the future.

By the way, what colour of car you are choosing? They have so few good options.

Last edited by jhaji : 14th October 2016 at 17:40. Reason: Added a line.
Old 16th October 2016, 02:11   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick review.

Did you find the petrol version (pickup, low-end etc) to be comfortable for city driving?

Did you test drive the diesel version as well? If so, how does it compare?

Also, the new Etios comes with power-folding ORVMs. Any idea if they can swing the other way on impact from other vehicles or have to be totally written off in that scenario?
Old 16th October 2016, 19:04   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Thanks for the quick review.

Did you find the petrol version (pickup, low-end etc) to be comfortable for city driving?

Did you test drive the diesel version as well? If so, how does it compare?

Also, the new Etios comes with power-folding ORVMs. Any idea if they can swing the other way on impact from other vehicles or have to be totally written off in that scenario?
Just take a TD and it will blow you away, this is the most under rated car on the Indian market! To put things in perspective, we did a TD of the Verna 1.6 SX petrol today, the Platinum Etios trumps the Verna in almost every dept, seating, dynamics, peppiness, ride and refinement. We were actually waiting to be blown away by the Verna with it's premium feel and features: that was not to be. We came out of the TD of the Verna, totally underwhelmed, it has a totally loose and anesthetic feel when you drive it and seating is very, very low and uncomfy. So much so we didn't have any questions to ask the salesperson, there are some huge discounts to be had on the Verna, even that couldn't lure us, we gave it a thumbs down.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 19:36   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Just take a TD and it will blow you away, this is the most under rated car on the Indian market! To put things in perspective, we did a TD of the Verna 1.6 SX petrol today, the Platinum Etios trumps the Verna in almost every dept, seating, dynamics, peppiness, ride and refinement. We were actually waiting to be blown away by the Verna with it's premium feel and features: that was not to be. We came out of the TD of the Verna, totally underwhelmed, it has a totally loose and anesthetic feel when you drive it and seating is very, very low and uncomfy. So much so we didn't have any questions to ask the salesperson, there are some huge discounts to be had on the Verna, even that couldn't lure us, we gave it a thumbs down.
Sounds good! It looks like Toyota did not skimp on the most important things, and it is a really engineered car. Add the bulletproof reliability and excellent service standards you just can't go wrong.
Old 16th October 2016, 20:35   #135
Senior - BHPian

Agreed; let's see if the market now endorses the sentiment!

Most Viewed