Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2016, 10:40   #1
BHPian

All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs

Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to the all new XF.

Finally launched in India after a long long wait, she comes with two engine options the 2.0L 177 BHP Diesel or 20d in Jaguar’s nomenclature which gets three trim levels - The Pure (base), Prestige (mid) and Portfolio (top-end) and the 2.0L 237 BHP Petrol available in only Prestige and Portfolio trims. Beautiful work by Sir Ian Callum, the design looks timeless and one of the sexiest looking car in the segment for me. Alas, we don’t get the fancy R-Sport or the sporty S trims that’s offered in foreign markets neither do we get the mammoth 3.0L 297 BHP Diesel to compete with 530d and E350 CDI despite the fact Jaguar already had a 3.0L in its old XF lineup which it replaces. Not a very appreciable move by Jaguar Land Rover India.

Wont blame the management much as the product decided may have been demand based but personally I’m super disappointed by the concerned department of JLR which decides on what product needs to be available - I mean the engine and trim options even on the XE is a joke. No 20d yet despite the fact its major competitor in its segment is 320d, the top end Portfolio missing out things like HUD which is offered abroad. No R Sport or S trim models despite the fact that more than 75% of the pictures they portray on their official website, Facebook and instagram are of R Sport or S trim. What could be worse, they are not even optional like the M Performance parts so officially if you like something aesthetically on their website or social networking chances are there is no way you can get it in India. In a nutshell, they made an Indian owned company look like they are a company which take India for granted. Nevertheless, may be our mods can talk about it and give their expert opinion later in the thread here are more details on the car;

Talking about the moolah, the ex-showroom prices are as follows;
DIESEL:
20d Pure: 49.50L
20d Prestige: 55.90L
20d Portfolio: 62.10L

PETROL:
25t Prestige: 55.65L
25t Portfolio 61.85L
Attached Thumbnails
All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs-14362483_717095158453324_347789078493298957_o.jpg  

AdiSinghV12 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 11:16   #2
BHPian

re: All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs

Was highly looking forward to this car's launch. Hoping they'd bring the 3L engines or the 5L V8, but none of them came. And with these 2L engines, an enthusiast will never be satisfied. Sadly I will have to give this car a miss, was hoping to buy it and grace my garage but that doesn't look like it. They didn't even mention anything about a future plan for different engines for this car, did they? The only hope now for an enthusiast is to wait for the F-Pace which mark my words, will be grossly overpriced. They'll put it right above the already overpriced Evoque. It'll easily cross the 1Cr barrier.

Also, I feel this car is a little overpriced. For 65 lakhs, you can get the E350 or the 530. So at 61 lakhs for 2L petrol is perhaps steep but this is gonna pave the way for the new E class and 5 series. I sincerely feel the new 530 and E350 will cross the 70 lakhs mark which I feel is absolutely ridiculous but will happen nonetheless.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st September 2016 at 14:23. Reason: Typo fixed. Thanks
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 11:21   #3
BHPian

Jaguar_XF_Spec Sheet_ web.pdf.pdf
Here's the SPECIFICATION SHEET, the top of the line is very well equipped but in no way it is justified a 2.0L engine costing equivalent to 3.0L engines of competitors and not to mention those 3.0L engines (E350 and 530d) are offered at such huge discounts it will easily bring it to the ex showroom price level of the Prestige variant. I'm highly eyeing the Portfolio petrol but will only consider one should they start offering 5L+ discount
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 12:49   #4
CGB
BHPian

One word- What happened to JLR india operations? There is no R or S trim and even the base "Pure" version is exorbitantly priced when compared to competition.

IMHO, they must review their complete sales and product portfolio.

Prices as follows:
320d- Rs. 37.56L (Prestige)
C200d- Rs. 40.34L (Style)
XF 20d : 49.50L(Pure) which is a 12L costlier than 320d ex-showroom.

Cant compare with A4 as it has 1.4L TFSI and out of league with this cars.

Probably, JLR india should change the hashtag #NotBusinessAsUsual to #NoBusinessAsUsual
CGB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 13:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Prices as follows:
This is a 5/E/A6 competitor, no way will it compete with the 320d, pricing is up to the company, but there is no confusion about its positioning. The stronger pound isn't helping Jaguar one bit.

I don't think JLR has enough diesel engines to go around, especially the 2.0 Ingenium versions, hence the cheaper XE diesel is on hold and the market shift towards petrol means they are selling a few at least. The XF is a facelift and I don't think it'll be successful against the replacements of the current crop of competitors, all of which are in different stages of development ,the new E class is already on sale.
avira_tk is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 13:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
. The XF is a facelift and I don't think it'll be successful against the replacements of the current crop of competitors, all of which are in different stages of development ,the new E class is already on sale.
I don't think so, it is an all new gen XF, just that the styling takes an evolutionary approach - much like the new A4.

Not having the 3L engine variants here is a let down, but I still think as most buyers are going to be rear seat drivers, with chauffeurs employed - and they are not going to complain too much.
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 13:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The stronger pound isn't helping Jaguar one bit.
I didn't understand this? Hasn't the pound weakened considerably due to Brexit?

Shouldn't the prices come down?
Attached Thumbnails
All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs-pound-inr.jpg  

Foxbat is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 15:47   #8
BHPian

Looks wise I can hardly tell it apart form the outgoing XF. The interiors are a big big upgrade from the previous model. The Pure version does not even have leather seats at 50 lacs!! I'm hearing some good things about the ingenium engine though.

We customers can keep crying hoarse about the pricing but looks like none of the car manufacturers are listening. Lets wait till the discounts come rolling in. Outgoing E class and 5 series can be got for some really mouth watering discounts now.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 16:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I don't think so, it is an all new gen XF, just that the styling takes an evolutionary approach - much like the new A4.

Not having the 3L engine variants here is a let down, but I still think as most buyers are going to be rear seat drivers, with chauffeurs employed - and they are not going to complain too much.
If it's all new I take back what I said earlier, this generation is toast in this country, the Germans are usually cheaper and come with maintenance packages, not to mention the suv craze already puts sedans on a sticky wicket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I didn't understand this? Hasn't the pound weakened considerably due to Brexit?

Shouldn't the prices come down?
The pound is still strong compared to the euro and dropping prices isn't done in this country, atleast not officially. INR isn't the benchmark anyway and customs duty affects the prices more than currency fluctuations.
Old 21st September 2016, 16:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:

Prices as follows:

Probably, JLR india should change the hashtag #NotBusinessAsUsual to #NoBusinessAsUsual
The XF is a E-Class / 5-Series competitor - (And for the first time, its actually a strong competitor). The pricing here is actually quite aggressive -- its below the BMW5. The XE, on the other hand, was priced at a premium to the BMW3.
torquing_points is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 18:11   #11
BHPian

Some pics straight from the showroom;

All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs-img20160921wa0021.jpg

All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs-img20160921wa0024.jpg

All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs-img20160921wa0019.jpg

All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs-img20160921wa0017.jpg
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 18:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Prices as follows:

Well 3 series and Mercedes C200d should be compared with XE not XF though Jaguar only has petrol in that range. Though I totally agree that Jaguar XF does not offer too much in mid segment luxury but there at least it's competitively priced at 49.5 lacs with loads of exclusivity that comes with it.

Cheers!

Last edited by Passiautonate : 21st September 2016 at 18:57.
Passiautonate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 21:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

That's pretty good pricing considering how costly the new generation Germans are. Maybe a direct result of GBP weakening.

And the new XF looks gorgeous inside out. I absolutely hated the old one with that gaudy DRL.

This new platform is lighter (almost 200 kilos) and stiffer (28% up) despite being bigger, mainly due to use to exotic materials and usage of rivets and adhesives. But the diesel engine is average. UK reviews say the engine is very audible on cold starts and its not that quick compared to the Germans.

Lets see how the Indian market reacts.

The XF S is absolutely menacing to look at, be any angle. This is my new Favorite from the segment given BMW has spoiled the 5er too now.
All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs-jaguarxf43.jpg

Autocar UK review
deetjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 23:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Guy's don't get carried away by this pricing. This is a Pure variant meaning it's bare bones a.k.a inferior leather, smaller screen, inferior ICE, reduced safety equipment, inferior engines too and I'm guessing they don't come with Xenon lights as well. This is as per my observation during the test drive earlier this year of the Discovery Sport and Evoque. I had also given my honest feedback to JLR regarding my disappointment in them selling the Pure variant which no knowledgeable customer would be willing to get especially because they usually bring the higher variant car's to test drive but the sales guy tries to sell us the Pure variant which is completely different from the TD vehicle.

So people don't be fooled by the price. Be extra careful.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2016 at 10:30. Reason: Typo
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 23:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Guy's don't get carried away by this pricing. This is a Pure variant meaning it's bare bones a.k.a inferior leather, smaller screen, inferior ICE, reduced safety equipment, inferior enginers too and I'm guessing they don't come with Xenon lights as well. This is as per my observation during the test drive earlier this year of the Discovery Sport and Evoque. I had also given my honest feedback to JLR regarding my disappointment in them selling the Pure variant which no knowledgeable customer would be willing to get especially because they usually bring the higher variant car's to test drive but the sales guy tries to sell us the Pure variant which is completely different from the TD vehicle.

So people don't be fooled by the price. Be extra careful.
Inferior leather and stuffs I agree but the safety features is common in all the variants. It's the same with even BMW and Mercedes, they don't compromise with safety features be it whatever variant. Also, the screen is same that the prestige variant has and it also has xenons. That being said, the Prestige edition is a disappointment because of sad interior leather colours on offer. Do go through the specsheet I have attached in one of my previous post.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks