Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2016, 01:06   #16
BHPian

re: All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post

The pound is still strong compared to the euro
I don't mean to nit pick but

The pound has fallen in value vs the Euro also, November 2015 you would get 1.40 Euros per Pound and now you get 1.16 Euros per Pound.

Due to currency fluctuations alone it should be 18-20% cheaper.
Attached Images

Foxbat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 01:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Inferior leather and stuffs I agree but the safety features is common in all the variants. It's the same with even BMW and Mercedes, they don't compromise with safety features be it whatever variant. Also, the screen is same that the prestige variant has and it also has xenons. That being said, the Prestige edition is a disappointment because of sad interior leather colours on offer. Do go through the specsheet I have attached in one of my previous post.
Alright, it seem's like they have taken customers feedback seriously. The Pure variant in XF is decently spec'd now.

However I checked out their XE model and that still has halogen's in the first 2 variant's, inferior engine, etc. Only Portfolio get's the Xenon's and more powerful engine.
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:40   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs

Gosh, this car is so beautiful. I love Jaguar's design language...right from the XE to the XJ (and the F-Pace in between). Can sit next to one & admire the lines all day long. Clean, timeless, proportionate.

Too bad it isn't available with a 6-cylinder though. Back seat riders and all are okay, but none of them are enthusiasts / on Team-BHP. Cars from this segment deserve a 6-cylinder under the hood. Let's hope they offer one in the future.

The Mumbai showroom was previously a company outlet. It's now been taken over by 'Modi Motors' .

Question: This is a CKD right? I hope so. If it's a CBU, they are idiots. That's a massive competitive disadvantage! Imagine, the Germans assemble cars in India, but Indians (Tata-owned Jaguar) import cars from abroad .
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Question: This is a CKD right? I hope so. If it's a CBU, they are idiots. That's a massive competitive disadvantage! Imagine, the Germans assemble cars in India, but Indians (Tata-owned Jaguar) import cars from abroad .
This car is a CBU. Jaguar are not planning to make this car a CKD product for atleast a year. So, you can see how serious is Jaguar with it's Indian Market
tanuj_afc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:24   #20
Team-BHP Support

When I covered the XF at the 2016 Auto Expo, I absolutely fell in love with the way it looked. It truly looks better than almost any other 4-door sedan out there.

The interiors though are a bit of a disappointment. The dashboard is more "sports sedan" than "luxury sedan". Some of the plastics are also not quite at the level of my other favourite - Mercedes-Benz. Then, there is the rear space. Jaguar might say it is more than the outgoing car, but I was not exactly impressed.

Now, I don't mind the "sports sedan" dashboard, but then, Jaguar goes and plonks a 2-litre engine in it. Oh dear!

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd September 2016 at 10:07.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
The only hope now for an enthusiast is to wait for the F-Pace which mark my words, will be grossly overpriced. They'll put it right above the already overpriced Evoque. It'll easily cross the 1Cr barrier.
The Jaguar F-Pace will come in between XF and XJL. It will be having 4 variants,out of which two will be 3.0L and two will be 2.0L.

BUT, the 2.0L's will start above the Portfolio variant of XF and the 3.0L's will cross the 1cr mark and will finish just under the premium luxury variant of XJL.
tanuj_afc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 23:32   #22
BHPian

So I finally checked out the XF in flesh at Navnit Motors, I had a sneak peak of the car before the launch but had a good look inside out today at Navnit and here's my take on it;

They only had a Italian Racing Red which is IMO the worst colour for the XF, at least with all the chrome bits it didn't look good at all and also the Indian spec cars are a lot higher then the one displayed at Auto Expo though that would be a welcome move by most of the average Indian buyer but I thought it's killing the stance. 18" wheels looks too tiny can't imagine how will 17" look on lesser variants. Another bad part is they don't offer Tan interior on even the prestige variant otherwise it would have had a good demand.

Enough of blame game, (particularly coz I'm pissed coz of the absence of 3.0 variants :P) so coming to the good bits there's a LOT! The car looks more premium than everything else in the segment. It's as wide as the big daddy XJL which looks great considering the shorter length, the 14-way electrical seat adjustment can help you find the most comfortable position and the windsor leather looks really really classy (the only mess up here is they gave a light grey headliner which had it been black it'd have looked better) instrument cluster is nice and the full TFT display looks awesome. Overall the fit and finish is top notch. Sadly no test drive and they don't even have a clue when will the TD vehicle come exactly.

Coming to the CBU, it's really confusing whether the car is CKD or CBU as zauba shows no import record and there were lots of CKD kits were imported earlier.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 00:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Coming to the CBU, it's really confusing whether the car is CKD or CBU as zauba shows no import record and there were lots of CKD kits were imported earlier.
I can confirm you that it's a CBU product. As per my knowledge, JLR has no plans for bringing this through the CKD route for atleast a year.

(Trust me, I know)
tanuj_afc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 08:44   #24
BHPian

A Beautiful car indeed. Have got to give to Jaguar, for such lovely designs.

Too bad if Jaguar couldn't get the car assembled in India. Knowing Jaguar, and if this is a CBU at all, the pricing is sort of where it could just be!

And then. .
Alas.. The engine options! Such a sorry state they couldn't get the better justifiable six cylinders, right from the start.

Whats with the premium cars in India, and the 2 litre engines?

How the Fiat's 1.3 Multijet & Renault's 1.5 dci are the national engines, this "2.0" is becoming the National number/figure this side of INR 20 million.
vish_wagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:44   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the Indian spec cars are a lot higher then the one displayed at Auto Expo though that would be a welcome move by most of the average Indian buyer but I thought it's killing the stance.
While I agree that India-spec sedans with a taller ride height look nowhere as sweet as their low slung European versions, trust me, the ground clearance is a big boon. 13 highway trips up and my lifted 530d hasn't scraped once. Anywhere (early 530ds had lesser ground clearance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj_afc View Post
I can confirm you that it's a CBU product.

(Trust me, I know)
Ok, we trust you . But as AdiSingh said, why are no cars showing up on Zauba then? The only imports are of Indian-origin cars (meaning, assembled here) of the last generation:
All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs-capture.jpg
Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by vish_wagon View Post
How the Fiat's 1.3 Multijet & Renault's 1.5 dci are the national engines, this "2.0" is becoming the National number/figure this side of INR 20 million.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:26   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vish_wagon View Post

And then. .
Alas.. The engine options! Such a sorry state they couldn't get the better justifiable six cylinders, right from the start.

Whats with the premium cars in India, and the 2 litre engines?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-imposed.html

This been and the added cess has made enough impact in the industry to ensure we'll get the smallest diesels from now on. Other variants might only come in as options later.

Just like how the sub-4m rules popularised those engines as national engines.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd September 2016 at 11:28.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:27   #27
BHPian

Great looking car!.
I cannot help but be amazed at how much premium these luxury cars sell in India.
And most of the manufacturers of these luxury marquees do not even supply the full complement of options for the Indian market.
For example, comparing the Indian and UK equivalent OTR prices.

India -DIESEL / UK prices
20d Pure: 49.50L ------ This trim not present in the UK
20d Prestige: 55.90L ----- 27 Lac OTR (double!)
20d Portfolio: 62.10L ----- 31.6 Lac OTR (double!!)

XFS - not offered in India 43.37 Lac OTR
R sport- not offered in India 29.6 Lac OTR

Similar discrepancies applies to Audis, Beemers and less so for Mercs. The best bit is that there will still be buyer for these at these steep prices. The car manufacturers and the GOI are having a ball !

Cheerio!

Last edited by alphadog : 23rd September 2016 at 15:31. Reason: typos
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
GThe best bit is that there will still be buyer for these at these steep prices.
So long as buyers are queuing up with loads of money stashed in pockets, why would manufacturers shoot themselves in foot by even caring about pricing.

This however has got me wondering, what are the chances that the bosses of these marquee brands have decided over champagne and caviar that come what incentives may, let us continue pushing the envelope together. While the localisation is increasing and so are sales prices should at least remain stable if not decrease.

Adding salt to wound, even the engines are being down-sized.
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ok, we trust you . But as AdiSingh said, why are no cars showing up on Zauba then? The only imports are of Indian-origin cars (meaning, assembled here) of the last generation
Haha, I can confirm you this because I work in a Jaguar Land Rover dealership. So, that is why I am confident with the fact that XF is a CBU product, even F-Pace will come to us through the CBU route.
tanuj_afc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 10:30   #30
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2016 at 13:14.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks