Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2016, 10:20   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour: Trend variant gets a price cut of up to 2.82 lakh

Quote:
in North America. AT variants of any given car are cheaper in US/Canada. Not just cheaper but readily available. I've just not seen any MT there.
Well, Jeep is an exception, particularly Wrangler, not only will it be cheaper in the manual, mostly there will be more inventories than Auto. Same holds good for Mustang leaving aside the newer EcoBoost engine models

Ford has really upped the game and will definitely keep greedy Toyota in check, we need some more manufacturers who can give a quality competition. Hyundai could have gone for CKD variants of Santa Fe or even introduced some vans but looks they are happy with Creta and smaller cars.
Old 28th September 2016, 10:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We cannot compare the two markets. In the USA, 99.99% of cars on the road are ATs. Slow-moving MTs are an unnecessary inventory burden. They don't have the economies of scale either.

In India however, there is no doubt that the AT costs the manufacturer more.
I agree GTO. But wonder how Ford bucked the trend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Well, Jeep is an exception, particularly Wrangler, not only will it be cheaper in the manual, mostly there will be more inventories than Auto. Same holds good for Mustang leaving aside the newer EcoBoost engine models

Ford has really upped the game and will definitely keep greedy Toyota in check, we need some more manufacturers who can give a quality competition. Hyundai could have gone for CKD variants of Santa Fe or even introduced some vans but looks they are happy with Creta and smaller cars.
Yes, I agree Toyota has gotten very greedy with Innova/Fortuner. But then ditto Hyundai with Creta. My comment here may not be liked but in my opinion we should avoid buying such greedily priced cars. Else, other manufacturers will follow suit, too. Our tendency to line up for just a few select cars results in monopolistic market.
Old 28th September 2016, 16:31   #33
BHPian

Given that they will definitely revise the base variant's price too shortly, this comes across as an interesting and aggressive strategy to preempt the new Fortuner launch. Given Toyota's track record of arrogance in pricing, the new Fortuner will be at a significant premium to the Endy.
We also need to keep in mind that the recent longish ban on > 2.0 L diesels in Delhi NCR would have been a real barrier to Ford in building sales for the new Endy. Now that the ban is off, they would be eager to make up for lost time.

Whatever be the reason, it's an excellent time for enthusiasts to cash in on a competitive price for a very competent vehicle!
Old 28th September 2016, 16:36   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

3 pages of only discussion or anyone here has gone ahead and taken advantage of the discount and booked the Endeavour ?
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 19:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
3 pages of only discussion or anyone here has gone ahead and taken advantage of the discount and booked the Endeavour ?
Hi Karan -- I did call the local ford here at Hyderabad, and they were to get back on the discounted price! No calls as yet Gone are the day when we have had persistent SAs, I assume. For am experiencing the same with BMW and Audi too.
PGopkrsna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 22:54   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGopkrsna View Post
Hi Karan -- I did call the local ford here at Hyderabad, and they were to get back on the discounted price! No calls as yet Gone are the day when we have had persistent SAs, I assume. For am experiencing the same with BMW and Audi too.
Which dealer, you got in touch with. I got an immediate update from Fortune.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 10:33   #37
BHPian

I spoke to Fortune ford and looks like they don't have a 2.2 AT for test drive. Also I was told someone from their dealership will call me to let me know if a TD is possible from any other dealer at HYD.
Old 1st October 2016, 12:24   #38
BHPian

Did you try Vibrant Ford ? They did have a 2.2 AT (i test drove as well) and will be able to help. Personally i found Vibrant better than Mody and Fortune Ford. If you need contact details of the person etc. please message me and i can share.
Old 1st October 2016, 13:50   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Karan561, I called Kavish and SC ford in Mumbai, and they both said they'd get back to me but haven't bothered to since a week. I wish Wasan Ford was still functional. I've always gotten good service from them. Now I'm on the fence, and going to wait for the Fortuner launch prices before booking one of them.
camaroZL1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 14:16   #40
BHPian

Looks like ford has discontinued the 2.2 4x2 MT Trend Model, its no more listing on the Ford Website.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour: Trend variant gets a price cut of up to 2.82 lakh-ford.jpg  

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 16:39   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello, Yes i agree its a sad state of affairs when buying a new car in demand as the people are just not courteous. But, in this case when discounts are being given for a non moving product ( Trend variant ) such behavior is not expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroZL1 View Post
Karan561, I called Kavish and SC ford in Mumbai, and they both said they'd get back to me but haven't bothered to since a week. I wish Wasan Ford was still functional. I've always gotten good service from them. Now I'm on the fence, and going to wait for the Fortuner launch prices before booking one of them.
Hi, yes wait for the new Fortuner as its just about 4 weeks away.

But honestly i'd pick the Endeavour 3.2 over the Fortuner if im buying an Automatic. If Manual i'd pick the larger engined Fortuner (& thats the plan )

Last edited by karan561 : 1st October 2016 at 16:42.
Old 1st October 2016, 18:04   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to Fortune ford and looks like they don't have a 2.2 AT for test drive. Also I was told someone from their dealership will call me to let me know if a TD is possible from any other dealer at HYD.
Just now I did a test drive from Vibrant and you just call them, they will bring the car to your house. I will put a detailed review in short time.
Old 1st October 2016, 18:20   #43
BHPian

Hi anumod, I visited Vibrant, since the vehicle was out for TD they said they would get the car to my house on Monday.
Old 1st October 2016, 18:50   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi anumod, I visited Vibrant, since the vehicle was out for TD they said they would get the car to my house on Monday.
Then I think I was the one who was taking the TD. I could hear that the SA was getting lot of calls from showroom asking to bring the car faster because a customer was waiting
Old 1st October 2016, 19:08   #45
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd October 2016 at 11:13.
PGopkrsna is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks