Team-BHP - Ford Endeavour: Trend variant gets a price cut of up to 2.82 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford Endeavour: Trend variant gets a price cut of up to 2.82 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/180417-ford-endeavour-trend-variant-gets-price-cut-up-2-82-lakh.html)

Ford appears to have silently slashed prices of the Endeavour SUV, by up to Rs. 2.82 lakh. The price cut has been made on three Trend variants, while prices of the Titanium variants remain unchanged. It may be recalled that the company had hiked prices of the Endeavour Titanium variants by Rs. 50,000 last month.

The 2.2 4x2 MT Trend trim is still priced at Rs. 25,00,800, but the 2.2 4x4 MT and 2.2 4x2 AT Trend variants have received price cuts of Rs. 2.82 lakh and Rs. 1.73 lakh, respectively. Interestingly, after this drop, these variants are priced at Rs. 23,78,000, making them the most affordable variants of the Endeavour. A Rs. 1.73 lakh reduction has also been made in the price of 3.2 4x4 AT Trend trim, which now costs Rs. 25,93,000.

Ford Endeavour: Trend variant gets a price cut of up to 2.82 lakh-capture.jpg
The Ford Endeavour was launched earlier this year to compete with the likes of the Toyota Fortuner. It is offered with two engine options - a 2.2-litre diesel that develops 158 BHP and 385 Nm of torque, and a 3.2-litre diesel that churns out 197 BHP and 470 Nm of torque. Transmission options on offer include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic, though the 3.2-litre engine is only available with the automatic unit.

Source: MyCarHelpline

Ford Endeavour: Trend variant gets a price cut of up to 2.82 lakh-1.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Isn't there something wrong in this pricing?
How can the 4X4 MT Trend cost cheaper than 4X2 Trend?

There is something wrong with the pricing.

How can the 4X2 MT be expensive than the 4X4 MT and 4X2 AT???

Noticed this when I went to service my Figo, forgot to take a pic of the price list, shall check and post the price list

EDIT: Noted that starter has already pointed this out

I feel there is something wrong with this news. The source does not look trustworthy, and even they have quoted just the manufacturer website. We know manufacturer websites often have wrong information.

EDIT: Ok, checked with Harpreet Ford, they say this is the latest update! I am surprised 4x2 AT and 4x4 MT are cheaper than 4x2 MT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 4064166)
How can the 4X4 MT Trend cost cheaper than 4X2 Trend?

Not just the 4x4, even the AT version is cheaper than the 4x2 MT.

Probably the first car where the AT is cheaper than the MT. Maybe, Ford wants to kill 2 birds with one stone. Promote the AT over MT among buyers and also attract off-roading enthusiasts. :)

This has been under discussion since 20-Sep, on this thread.

If it is indeed a mistake, shame on Ford India for not having proofread, or subsequently caught, the error in nearly a week. Misspellings and typos might be one thing, but factually incorrect information would be shameful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 4064176)
I feel there is something wrong with this news. We know manufacturer websites often have wrong information.

@Mods - should the earlier discussion and this be merged?

This makes the Endevaour 2.2 4x4 M/T a extremely VFM buy to consider (even though the TREND is lacking features)

I am surely going to test drive this 4x4 M/T variant before going in for the all new Fortuner :thumbs up

The only way this price slashing exercise would make sense if there was a similar price slash for the base variant - 2.2L 4x2 MT Trend - as well.

I am guessing this is a case of miscommunication between Ford and it's dealers, and we will see a price correction for the Endeavour base variant too.

Logically, it should be priced 50,000 rupees below the next variant which means the Endeavour range should start from Rs 23.28 lakhs.

I have a feeling they are discontinuing 2.2L 4x2 MT Trend variant. and it is erroneously appearing on the site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 4064166)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra (Post 4064175)
There is something wrong with the pricing.

Quote:

I feel there is something wrong with this news.

Even I was surprised after seeing these prices: 4x4 cheaper than 4x2, AT cheaper than MT. It just wasn't making any sense!

In order to verify whether or not this is a typo error on Ford's website, I called up a couple of dealers in Delhi and was shocked to know that this is what the new update is. Verified it a couple of times from different dealers and all of them shared the same prices.

It is indeed strange on Ford's part to not have made a price cut on the 2.2 4x2 MT Trend trim. Why would someone buy this variant now?

Quote:

EDIT: Ok, checked with Harpreet Ford, they say this is the latest update! I am surprised 4x2 AT and 4x4 MT are cheaper than 4x2 MT.

:thumbs up

One other question, would existing trend customers get some kind of a cash back?
If not, i would be super pissed with FORD.

PS: I have noticed that Ford has this habit with almost all their vehicles right from the fusion days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 4064243)
One other question, would existing trend customers get some kind of a cash back?
If not, i would be super pissed with FORD..

What if there was an increase and you got a call asking to pay for the differential ? :)

Do not expect any refund, and you will not be disappointed. The S-Cross case was an exception.

This is seriously weird pricing! It is messing with my head just looking at it. 2WD manual is more expensive than 4WD or auto? :Shockked:

Not sure what the marketing guys in Ford were thinking or inhaling. I would dearly wish to understand their logic. If one can term the basis of these prices 'logic' to begin with, that is. There is something known as "price according to market expectations" right? Not sure if these folks understand what that term means.

If the aim is to boost sales, then I don't think it will have the desired effect. Any prospective customer looking at the price sheet will be very suspicious of Ford, and give them a w-i-d-e berth methinks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 4064244)
What if there was an increase and you got a call asking to pay for the differential ? :)

Do not expect any refund, and you will not be disappointed. The S-Cross case was an exception.

Point Eddy! :D
But isn't the increase usually related to legal/inflation/feature/.. or some such logic?
Would FORD not lose customer loyalty if they keep doing this?
I for one would not want to buy a FORD till they stabilize their price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 4064246)
But isn't the increase usually related to legal/inflation/feature/.. or some such logic?

The only logic is - "How much can I sell this car for ?" If the company feels it can get away with a premium, it'll not hesitate to do so (e.g. Creta).

But I get your point with Ford. This is happening too often now, with Ecosport, Figo, Aspire and now this.