Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 20:14   #511
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Got my Tiguan delivered today, attaching one picture and many many more to come. Attachment 1672349
Congratulations Amit. Happy motoring and I am sure you will enjoy Tiguan.
I have clocked 1000km in 2 weeks and I am just looking for reasons to drive because I do not have to drive to office.

In the last two weeks, two of my friends asked didn't I buy Audi or BMW, but after a short drive in the Tiguan, they completely changed their opinion. All credit goes to the panoramic sunroof, awesome entertainment system and spacious interiors. Tiguan will take time to prove its worth because VW has a budget car image in India.

My neighbor bought X1 the same week I bought Tiguan. In fact we both were shopping together. He ended up with X1 xLine primarily for brand image and driving experience. He is loving every bit of it but strictly on road while I am taking Tiguan wherever I want to.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 09:12   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Not sure if it's 4X4 credentials help stability under normal usage.
Also, not sure about it's capabilities off road.
Eagerly waiting for the official review!!! Please!! ��
Yes, I second that, eagerly waiting the Official T-Bhp review.

As for the help 4motions credentials one can have a look at the following videos of 4 motion, though not exactly the tiguan but at least the 4motion tech:

Last edited by nanu28 : 4th September 2017 at 09:15.
nanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 11:46   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post

As for the help 4motions credentials one can have a look at the following videos of 4 motion, though not exactly the tiguan but at least the 4motion tech:
Is Quattro not different from 4motion? I thought Quattro is much superior to 4motion in terms of design / construction / performance.
Old 4th September 2017, 11:58   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Is Quattro not different from 4motion? I thought Quattro is much superior to 4motion in terms of design / construction / performance.
I thought they were all the same, just named differenly:
WIKI:
"Other companies in the Volkswagen Group have used different trademarks for their 4WD vehicles. While Audi has always used the term "quattro", Volkswagen-branded cars initially used "syncro", but more recently, VW uses "4motion". Škoda simply uses the nomenclature "4x4" after the model name, whereas SEAT uses merely "4"."
Old 5th September 2017, 07:05   #515
BHPian

Found an article which sheds some light on the quattro vs 4motion technology.

For different models of audi and vw, the applied technology, is similar.

http://blogs.youwheel.com/2015/02/25...wagen-4motion/

Saw the vehicle at the vw showroom couple of weeks back, the doors are light, thunk is missing. With the driver side glass down, I could see it shaking between the glass guides whenever I closed the door. Inside it looked like a smaller jetta. Did not leave impressed with what I saw.

Last edited by hubolt : 5th September 2017 at 07:09.
hubolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 10:36   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Congratulations Amit. Happy motoring and I am sure you will enjoy Tiguan.
I have clocked 1000km in 2 weeks and I am just looking for reasons to drive because I do not have to drive to office. to.

Thank you sj, I am in love yet again. I love the ride, very planted and driving on broken, patchy roads of Mumbai is a breeze. My GT is feeling neglected. Coming from the Laura, I feel the ride is much superior and I feel the power delivery is far better. The headlights are just awesome, love them and the seats are very well bolstered.

I will share an incident which happened yesterday, while I was backing up the car to park, I went too close to the wall and I was about to hit the wall, "Maneuver Braking with a Red Shoe sign" poped up on the instrument cluster and the car braked on it own! While it saved the car and the wall, I didn't know about this feature, does anyone know this? The Comfortline comes with heated seats, I was told that was one of the features of the Highline, was a pleasant surprise to find heated seats. I have started looking for a OEM reverse camera, will be researching over the weekend, if anyone has more information, do share. I will do a trip to pune tomorrow, will share 500+ KM review in the next few days.
amitk2kin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 11:17   #517
BHPian

Quote:
I will share an incident which happened yesterday, while I was backing up the car to park, I went too close to the wall and I was about to hit the wall, "Maneuver Braking with a Red Shoe sign" poped up on the instrument cluster and the car braked on it own! While it saved the car and the wall, I didn't know about this feature, does anyone know this?
Yes, its called: "Park distance control- front and rear", its a feature in both the highline and comfort line.

I only found out about it after reading your post.

So many things the sales reps. don't know. I actually don't even wanna talk about the sales people, I have paid the booking amount on the 25th of August and they have not even given me a confirmed date for delivery yet. :( Before the booking amount they were calling everyday and after speaking to them yesterday they told me they are yet to place the order and shall confirm in a day or so the delivery date. Getting irritated with their attitude already.

Looking forward to your review of it on the expressway. A video too would be nice, esp. with what engine revs. are at when cruising at 100kmph in 7th and that sorta thing. Thank you. Happy driving

Last edited by nanu28 : 5th September 2017 at 11:21.
Old 7th September 2017, 11:51   #518
BHPian

Just a couple questions for the current owners:

1. The SD card slot is the European models is for Navigation maps, so for the indian version whats the use? Is it to play music only?

2. The LED even in the Highline are not the same as the Euro verisons, there is another "All LED upgrade" to the ones available here with Dynamic Headlights. Can anyone post a few pics of the DRL's. I really like the dynamic headlights wish they had it as an option here. :(

3. Are the rear seats adjustable?

Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 13:25   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Tiguan delivered today, attaching one picture and many many more to come.
Attachment 1672349
Congratulations! Waiting for an in depth review!
Old 7th September 2017, 14:56   #520
BHPian

I competed a 500Km drive from mumbai to pune and back, I drove the Tiguan in the Eco mode for most part of the trip, once on the expressway cruse control was set on 100 Kmph, occasional burst of speed to 140 Kmph. I got a mileage of 20 Kmpl, the Tiguan drives sure footed and flattens the pot holes, with minimal ingress into the cabin. Loved the lights, they illuminate the roads to my liking. Brakes are precise and have the bite like most of the other VW's. The cabin is well insulated and noise levels inside the cabin is lower than the Laura. Auto hold is a boon, just love it, takes most of the stress out in the stop & traffic. The Eco mode while is good for mileage, but the the Tiguan feels sedated, the throttle response is slow (by design), however once you move her in the sports mode true character comes to life. More to come.

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1504776372.818294.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 9th September 2017 at 00:17.
amitk2kin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 09:35   #521
BHPian

20 Kmpl is pretty good. May be 2km less if you did mix of Normal and occasional Sport mode.

For highway overtaking, I slide the gear knob to SPORT and put back to normal or Eco after overtaking is done. Quick slide to SPORT mode flawlessly in most cases and the power in SPORT mode is adequate unless you are looking for an adrenaline rush. I use the mode selector button only if I want to switch between Normal and Eco.

My neighbor got 16kmpl on his new X1 for Bangalore - Goa drive. 16 is excellent for the power it delivers.
Old 8th September 2017, 12:14   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Just a couple questions for the current owners:

1. The SD card slot is the European models is for Navigation maps, so for the indian version whats the use? Is it to play music only?

2. The LED even in the Highline are not the same as the Euro verisons, there is another "All LED upgrade" to the ones available here with Dynamic Headlights. Can anyone post a few pics of the DRL's. I really like the dynamic headlights wish they had it as an option here. :(

3. Are the rear seats adjustable?

Thanks
The SD card can be used to play media files, I am playing music and also pictures as a slide show, works well. I have a 256GB card, there is no lag in reading a large capacity card.

Yes, the rear seats recline, you have levers on the side which can be used.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
For highway overtaking, I slide the gear knob to SPORT and put back to normal or Eco after overtaking is done. Quick slide to SPORT mode flawlessly in most cases and the power in SPORT mode is adequate unless you are looking for an adrenaline rush. I use the mode selector button only if I want to switch between Normal and Eco.
Thanks for sharing SJ, in the Eco/Normal mode you can use paddle shifter to up/down shift, works well, to disengage the manual mode you can hold the right-hand side paddle (with + sign) for 2 seconds and the car is back in the eco mode. Works well and you don't need to touch the gear lever.

in city traffic from Malad to Vikhroli, I am getting 9~10 Kmpl, which is in line or better than my Laura. Eco mode is helpful to extract the best mileage.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2017 at 12:58. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
amitk2kin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 18:43   #523
BHPian

new Tiguan or used Q3?

Primary use will be for my monthly or bi-monthly long drives: 200-800 km or about 4 to 10 hours.
A good suspension to soak up bad roads, a high seating position, cruise control and AWD are what I'm looking for. 7 seater SUVs are too big and unwieldy and sedans fare badly on rough roads.
A new Tiguan and a sparingly used Q3 are roughly in the same price range:
what are their pros and cons?

(Moderators: Please discard or merge this thread with another if irrelevent)
Old 8th September 2017, 23:21   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
The Tiguan looks like a perfect city run about SUV, feature packed, good quality in and out, decent engine and gearbox combo, albeit a bit overpriced, but so is every other vehicle in the market.
Totally agree with everything. Just checked the price of the X1 sDrive20d xLine (2WD) in Pune. The OTR is 43.something. The quote I have for the Tiguan Highline is 36.30 OTR. On the other end, the Tucson 2WD AT GLS (29 OTR Pune) feels like a whole segment lower when inside the car. So, at least in Pune, the Tiguan splits the difference. For the feature set and the fit and finish, I think they might have got it spot on given the general overpricing of cars in India anyway. Sure, nobody would mind if it was a couple of lacs cheaper but since this is most probably not a volume car, they will try to squeeze whatever they can out of it.

I have done two TDs of the car, one was part on the e-way and one completely in the city during peak traffic. Although from the spec sheet I thought the car might be a bit of a bore, I did not feel any lack of power on the e-way. Sure, it did not throw me back in the seat with a vengeance but it was pretty quick off the block and most importantly, acceleration from cruising speeds (70-90kmph) was decent. No powerhouse but no slouch either. I got the chance to do slightly stupid speeds as well, and I was super impressed with the stability and NVH level. Would have loved more feel from the steering though. I read in some review that the Tucson is only 0.4 seconds faster to a 100 than the Tiguan. The Tiguan's 4WD apparently makes up for the the lack of horses. When I drove the Tucson, there was absolutely no feel to the car. In the city, as with all the VW DSGs, the only problem I faced was the box's refusal to shift into 1st (D1). At crawling speeds you are stuck in D2 and that is when you do feel under-powered. Using manual mode to overcome this would be way too much effort during traffic.

The feature list of the Tiguan is what I think really differentiates it from the lower priced competitors. Just one example of this is that the Tucson front passenger seat does not come with a height adjuster. As soon as my wife sat in the car, she was uncomfortable and was made to feel more so when I took the driver seat all the way. I think it is all these small things that start to count once you own the car. My thoughts at the time of the Tucson TD were that I don't want to pay 30 big ones to have simple creature comforts missing. If I was buying an out and out performance machine, then creature comforts would take a back-seat but these cars are more for daily use and the occasional spirited drive (when our roads permit).

On the ground clearance, the sales rep told me that 149 mm was the lowest point on the car which was a mud deflector (or something like that) in the front. Mechanical parts were higher. I will try to find out more about this, but I think it stated at 149mm to meet some standards.

Overall, though this car might be expensive by a couple of lacs, IMHO, it fulfills the requirement for those of want a feature rich and well built non-sedan which can pass a bit under the radar.

Last edited by ampere : 9th September 2017 at 00:17.
Old 10th September 2017, 19:57   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, not sure about it's capabilities off road.
Not sure about other aspects but as per the official specs, the GC is a miserable 149 mm! Is this mis-stated or folks at VW lost their marbles while designing this "SUV"?!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks