Old 18th September 2017, 21:03   #541

Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

As in this system from the MY 2018 model?

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-19121183_1267846573343538_7767260041974906880_n.jpg

Source: FB (Google images)

Man, I'm feeling bad for the current owners already! VW and their darn updates.
Gannu_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 21:08   #542

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Seeing this one can easily predict the next update for the Tiguan. Wait a few more months and they will add the Active info display which is like Audi's virtual cockpit. Full LCD instrument panel.

https://www.volkswagen.com.my/tiguan...e-info-display
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 21:34   #543

I had booked on the 25th of August and there has been no update from VW. Thought they will give me before cess price. But now they can't even quote me a price. M thinking of just getting the BMW X1 as they have given me an offer for 35.5Lacs on-road, which is as much as I am gonna be paying for the Tiguan Highline after the Cess increase. If I can convince my wife for the X1 that is, she just says if you are not buying the Tiguan just buy the Octavia vRS, and I can't believe that I am saying No to that and thinking of an SUV. :(
Old 18th September 2017, 23:02   #544

Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
I have ordered the following and I told the seller to send me the RHD mats for the Indian 2017 version.

Mats:-

http://s.aliexpress.com/nEvqUFvE
I ordered this one in black & red combination - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cust...311.0.0.zNFuji

Dealer said he can get me RHD mats for 2017 Tiguan. It is 5 star rated by buyers and great reviews as well.
Old 19th September 2017, 06:31   #545

Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
If I can convince my wife for the X1 that is, she just says if you are not buying the Tiguan just buy the Octavia vRS, and I can't believe that I am saying No to that and thinking of an SUV. :(
If you have no pressing need or desire to go for a crossover, I would say listen to your wife
You get a much powerful engine, great driving dynamics and doesn’t lose much on comfort features as well (compared to the Tiguan).
Old 19th September 2017, 07:06   #546

If you have no pressing need or desire to go for a crossover, I would say listen to your wife
You get a much powerful engine, great driving dynamics and doesn’t lose much on comfort features as well (compared to the Tiguan).

...except for ride comfort and ground clearance

Last edited by Aditya : 19th September 2017 at 07:49. Reason: Excess dots deleted
Old 19th September 2017, 23:25   #547

Attachment 1677225

Source: FB (Google images)

I think it is a bit different than this photo. The knobs are at the bottom, like earlier with only the physical buttons replaced. I could be wrong though. I'll put up a picture by Thursday for sure.
Old 20th September 2017, 06:17   #548

Originally Posted by mm83 View Post
I think it is a bit different than this photo. The knobs are at the bottom, like earlier with only the physical buttons replaced. I could be wrong though. I'll put up a picture by Thursday for sure.
Maybe its the same as in the Kodiaq. ref. picture attached, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know the post cess increased price for the Highline or Comfortline.

Thanks a lot.
Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-capture.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2017, 00:43   #549

VW Tiguan Highline Or BMW X1 sDrive

Hi guys,

I am totally confused. To cut the long story short. I paid a booking amount of 2lacs to VW for the Tiguan highline; On Road for 33.38 Lacs on Road in MP on the 25th of August, before the Cess increase, on a promise that I will get it at that price. And delivered by first week in September.

After calling them numerous time; with no proper updates update till a day ago. Including their Area sales manager on call they now tell me its gonna be 35.1Lacs+ on Road with the GST Cess increase. We are quite put off by this!

On the other hand; BMW as I was really keen on the X1 has been messaging me to buy it on Pre Cess increase rate. Infact they will even beat that Tiguan rate of 35Lacs for the X1 on Road with zero dep., Their sales rep. called and was amazed that I was even considering a Tiguan when he was offering me the X1 with the same price.

My wife loves the X1 compared to the Tiguan. To her I can't even compare a BMW to VW (She has 2 polos in her family); But I am different, I don't care about the badge. And to me I have not appreciated VW's treatment of us by not keeping their word. She also says their experience with VW service has been not great; On the other hand BMW sales exec. has got the X1 to our place for a TD atleast 3 times now and I am 200kms away; And been in touch for over a year since theirr launch in Indore.

Please help me out me now totally confused by all these sales tactics.

Thank you.

PS:We even thought of another Octy vRS but it really does not serve our purpose; Though I love it for it interior(Not the right reason??) of course the engine; It does not get the same rush in me as the vRs MK1 did; Maybe I was 12 years younger then. We want something that can chew our highways with easy and comfort;

Last edited by nanu28 : 22nd September 2017 at 00:54.
Old 22nd September 2017, 01:21   #550

Re: VW Tiguan Highline Or BMW X1 sDrive

Go for the X1. It's a great car, and considering how proactive the guys at BMW have been, after sales should be good.

The X1 is a better package overall. The whole experience - from the interiors to the drive is a cut above the Tiguan. The Tiguan, though really capable just doesn't feel as special as the X1.
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:38   #551

Re: VW Tiguan Highline Or BMW X1 sDrive

It's not a contest, X1 all the way. Premium badges are any day better than expensive models from mainstream players. The bmw will be just as reliable and fit and finish well be superior in every department.

VW doesn't deserve your money for the way they have treated you, imagine the service if their sales approach is so bad. You should care about the badge at this price, used VWs won't be as valuable as used BMWs, factor that in your ownership cost.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:21   #552

I think you should choose X1 if you are okay with its slightly expensive ownership cost and relatively lesser number of features when compared to Tiguan.

While I haven't driven a Tiguan, I am not a fan of its looks and it doesn't command the road presence of a 35 lakhs car. While all the reviews claim that its engine is competitive, I really doubt it would be able to match the X1 in terms of overtaking ability - which is very important on our crazy roads where you can't plan things ahead IMO.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:40   #553

Having test driven the Tiguan twice, and the BMW X1 once, I can confirm that each have their own value proposition.

If you are looking for a complete package with all features you are likely to want and need, and an SUV you can truly use in mild off road environments, Tiguan is the one. There is no single thing you can find fault with. It has a very capable AWD system which I was able to test in mild off-road terrain and it passed with flying colors. In fact many International reviews have put the Tiguan's AWD ahead of the one in the Jeep Compass 4X4. You also get a fantastic panoramic sunroof and contemporary features like Android Auto and Apple Car play. So the Tiguan is a head over heart choice.

However, I missed the oomph in the Tiguan 's engine. It is more than adequate for city driving and very capable in the highways, but not what I would call exciting to drive. The engine is very responsive at lower rpms but high speed overtaking ability is so-so. The steering is not as precise and full of feeling as I would like.

For the same price point, you get only the base X1 and you will miss AWD and the Sunroof for sure. But the engine is amazing and the transmission is much more responsive than the Tiguan. You get that feeling of confidence knowing that you have a huge reserve of engine power whenever you need it, instantaneously. There is a certain "feel good factor" and "premium experience" when you are in the BMW's cabin that the Tiguan fails to deliver. So to me the BMW is a heart over the head choice.

The interior quality of the BMW is a notch higher and you have the peace of mind that comes from being able to get responsive service when you need it. Yes, the overall ownership costs may be a bit higher but reliability of BMWs have been improving. Most importantly, the Tiguan feels overpriced for what it offers. I think VW is not much bothered about volumes or profitability, it is more about bringing a halo car to their brand in India which will uplift their profile and help them sell volume cars like the Polo and Ameo.

So to me, the X1 is the better choice, unless you are absolutely certain you need the AWD and/or the sunroof. It is not possible to get these in the BMW without stepping into a much more expensive territory.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 22nd September 2017 at 10:44.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:59   #554

Mod Note: Our Tiguan Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
So to me, the X1 is the better choice, unless you are absolutely certain you need the AWD and/or the sunroof. It is not possible to get these in the BMW without stepping into a much more expensive territory.
Frankly speaking, I don't think the AWD/sunroof matters that much for our typical family use. While I have both these features in my X3, I hardly see any real necessity for them over the much needed reserve power for our highway runs. In fact if you are the one who don't plan to venture into off roading with a 35 lakh car and understand that the craze for sunroof fades away pretty quickly, you would be better off without AWD/Sunroof in German cars as they could create more issues as the car ages.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2017 at 12:39. Reason: Linking to review :)
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks