Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2017, 20:43   #526
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Not sure about other aspects but as per the official specs, the GC is a miserable 149 mm! Is this mis-stated or folks at VW lost their marbles while designing this "SUV"?!

Will save you a big money.:Lol:

Expect a lot more SUVs to have new aero dynamic flaps which can be removed to duck under the 170 mm GC ( laden weight). This will save 2% on GST.

VW lost their marbles in the emission gate. This must have been relatively simple.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 10th September 2017 at 20:45.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 20:53   #527
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Not sure about other aspects but as per the official specs, the GC is a miserable 149 mm! Is this mis-stated or folks at VW lost their marbles while designing this "SUV"?!
Its 179mm unladen. Dont know what the govt. will use for their cess calculations.
Old 11th September 2017, 19:45   #528

I have been trying to figure out the placement of the side airbags in the Tiguan but cannot find any image of the same. In the car, the plastic cover on the side of the seatback has the word airbag written on it but I cannot figure out how that airbag would be when deployed. Is it the same as the side airbags in most cars? Can someone please help. I hope this is the right place to ask
Old 11th September 2017, 20:10   #529
BHPian

Quote:

It's as per the new norms that for these kind of cars the gc would be measured with full load. The unladen gc which isn't mentioned should be around 170-175 mm. Similarly for Compass the stated gc is in the early 150s even though it's unladen gc is around 180 mm.
Old 13th September 2017, 18:35   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
It's as per the new norms that for these kind of cars the gc would be measured with full load. The unladen gc which isn't mentioned should be around 170-175 mm. Similarly for Compass the stated gc is in the early 150s even though it's unladen gc is around 180 mm.
It is definitely more than 175mm in Tiguan. My CEDIA is 175mm and Tiguan shows better clearance when I enter my stilt parking trough the slope.
I do not have any evidence but from the appearance and comparison to my CEDIA, it seems to be above 190mm. 4Motion models in Europe has 200m clearance, so I wonder why it would be any less in India.

Also Tiguan's belly is slightly curved upward adding some extra clearance in the middle compared to the lowest point of the vehicle.
Old 16th September 2017, 20:25   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm83 View Post
I have been trying to figure out the placement of the side airbags in the Tiguan but cannot find any image of the same. In the car, the plastic cover on the side of the seatback has the word airbag written on it but I cannot figure out how that airbag would be when deployed. Is it the same as the side airbags in most cars? Can someone please help. I hope this is the right place to ask
Here are the locations for there airbags apart form the regular front ones:

If anyone needs the Manual please leave me a PM.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-capturefg.jpg  

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-untitled.jpg  

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-capture.jpg  

Last edited by nanu28 : 16th September 2017 at 20:26.
nanu28 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 21:13   #532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Please share it here for the benefit of other owners as well. A PM helps one, a post may help several others (members as well as non members).

You can also share it here - Download the Owner's Manual (of Indian Cars) in PDF Format

Thanks!
Old 16th September 2017, 21:34   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Please share it here for the benefit of other owners as well. A PM helps one, a post may help several others (members as well as non members).

You can also share it here - Download the Owner's Manual (of Indian Cars) in PDF Format

Thanks!
Done:
Volkswagen Tiguan Owners Manual

Now who's got its service manual?

Last edited by nanu28 : 16th September 2017 at 21:36.
nanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 12:26   #534
BHPian

Weekends is what I look forward to, I did a 650Kms drive from Mumbai to Nashik, the highway has a mix of Tar roads, pot holes, ghat section and nice curves on route, was greeted with heavy rains. One word to define the drive, awesome, coming from the Laura, the Tiguan holds the road very well, maneuverability is fantastic, kept shifting between normal and sports mood, most of the drive was on cruse control with occasional burst of speed, she returned a mileage of 14.7Kmpl. I never felt lack of power, with 5 passengers on board we had a comfortable drive.

The tires offer descent grip and good braking on dry as well as wet , at higher speeds there is road noise which was noted, have no plans to replace will use the stock tires till they last. Had a question on the 4 motions? What is the power split between the front and rear wheels? While changing lanes, I did feel it's very well planted to the ground, ghat section, curves, I did manage on higher speeds then the Laura without bothers the passengers. I have received the matts from AliExpress and they a good fit. I had ordered bolt covers for the doors, it also fits well, attaching the pictures for everyone's reference.

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505631288.404615.jpg

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505631310.604924.jpg

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505631326.144761.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 18th September 2017 at 23:59. Reason: high speed references deleted.
amitk2kin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 12:34   #535

Quote:
Here are the locations for there airbags apart form the regular front ones:

Thanks
Thank you for this.

One question though, in India are they giving the knee airbag as well. On all literature they say 6 airbags only.

Thanks.
Old 17th September 2017, 13:01   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Weekends is what I look forward to, I did a 650Kms drive from Mumbai to Nashik, the highway has a mix of Tar roads, pot holes, ghat section and nice curves on route, was greeted with heavy rains. One word to define the drive, awesome, coming from the Laura, the Tiguan holds the road very well, maneuverability is fantastic, kept shifting between normal and sports mood, most of the drive was on cruse control with occasional burst of speed to 170 Kmph, she returned a mileage of 14.7Kmpl. I never felt lack of power, with 5 passengers on board we had a comfortable drive. The tires offer descent grip and good braking on dry as well as wet surfaces, post 140 kmph, there is road noise which was noted, have no plans to replace will use the stock tires till they last. Had a question on the 4 motions? What is the power split between the front and rear wheels? While changing lanes, I did feel it's very well planted to the ground, ghat section, curves, I did manage on higher speeds then the Laura without bothers the passengers. I have received the matts from AliExpress and they a good fit. I had ordered bolt covers for the doors, it also fits well, attaching the pictures for everyone's reference.
Nice little review.
Can you please PM or post the link from where you ordered the mats.
Thanks a lot.
Old 17th September 2017, 13:13   #537
BHPian

Amit, Would you share the link to the mat on this thread? I can't find this in aliexpress.
What material is it?
Old 17th September 2017, 13:20   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Nice little review.

Can you please PM or post the link from where you ordered the mats.

Thanks a lot.

Done, sending you the details

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Amit, Would you share the link to the mat on this thread? I can't find this in aliexpress.
What material is it?

It's carpet I opted for Grey color and not black; with Velcro underneath, so it's grips the carpet, with Tiguan embroidered on the mats.
Old 17th September 2017, 13:52   #539
BHPian

I have ordered the following and I told the seller to send me the RHD mats for the Indian 2017 version.

Mats:-

http://s.aliexpress.com/nEvqUFvE

Door stopper protection cover

http://s.aliexpress.com/imiENBjA

Do have look, I like the matts, nice finish..

Cheers..
amitk2kin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 19:29   #540

There has been a silent update on the car.

The latest ones have a full touchscreen for the infotainment console. The eight physical buttons (Radio, Media, Menu etc) are gone, replaced by touchscreen versions of the same. The two knobs remain. Will be able to send a photo on Thursday.

As regards the airbags, the Indian car does not get the driver knee airbag.
mm83 is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks