Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 16:38   #16
BHPian

re: Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Here it is

Although the pricelist is of Bangalore, the prices in Delhi were approximately 10k cheaper. Had checked the price before but forgot to take a screenshot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Ex-showroom Pune of the pre-facelift VX-AT was 6.89L , which looks to be in the region of the current ex-Delhi price.
So it looks like the prices have gone up.
Makes no sense as it wasn't really setting any sales charts on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
The Brio is a cute looking hatchback, I don't know why did Honda go this way and changed the front giving it an aggressive appeal.

The best part about the Brio facelift, gone are the days of boring, featureless dull looking cabin!
Agree. The exterior looks confused. Reminds me of a similar attempt by Maruti to make their Wagon R look "Macho"! Totally useless.
It definitely looks better from the inside post the change. But as a potential B-RV buyer, I'm actually possibly put-off by this fact.
aptiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 16:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs

What 'Impact mitigating headrest' is Honda talking about ? As a Brio owner, I am disappointed that rear passenger's safety is ignored once again with such small head-rests. I guess Maruti Swift now provides adjustable headrests on rear seats as well on the Lxi model.

Was expecting airbags as a standard from S variant onwards. Dashboard is good but the Amaze has all of this with a bigger boot. Don't think it will help increase sales of the Brio except maybe for the automatic version in Tier 1 cities.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 17:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs

With the VX MT costing close to 6.7L OTR, that is Polo comfortline territory (NCAP 4 stars), which comes loaded with safety features right from the base variant, is a timeless design and has a lot of premium feel to it. And I have not even brought into account the frequent 30-40k discounts offered on the Polo from time to time. Remember, barring the Mobilio, they are quite adamant to offer any discounts on their cars.

It is also more expensive than the 4 star rated Liva, which again is loaded with safety features, very reliable, is a lot more spacious & drives quite well too.

I am not even getting into the other competition like the Figo, etc.

Honda probably thinks people will blindly buy their cars for the H badging (like the way it used to sell City). But that ship has sailed, long back.
Whatever they are smoking, they should try smoking something different now.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 4th October 2016 at 17:25.
vinit.merchant is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 17:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda launches facelifted 2016 Brio for Rs 4.69 lacs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptiwa View Post
So it looks like the prices have gone up.
Makes no sense as it wasn't really setting any sales charts on fire.
I agree. Makes no sense at all. Brio has an extremely niche appeal (mostly, buyers who need a Honda for urban duties) , and most competitors easily trump it on many aspects that the layperson needs.

Unbelievably, this hasnt stopped Honda from being very uppity about this whole thing. Just received a call from my Sales Rep at Deccan Honda, Pune, and told me that a car cannot be arranged in time for Dussehra (or even Diwali) , ostensibly, due to "heavy demand". Its been about a month since I booked . Now my parents really have a thing for getting vehicles on the "right days" , and it pains me that Honda is turning away a paying customer like me for no good reason.
sajo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 19:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

The Brio VX AT is quite competitively priced, if we compare to it's immediate competition:

Name:  Untitled.gif
Views: 4432
Size:  33.3 KB

Do note that the Nissan Micra and the Hyundai Grand i10 are the only two other car models which come with an automatic transmission in the top variants of their lineups.

The Ford Figo is still the only car with a 1.5L petrol engine mated to an automatic transmission in this segment.
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 19:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Not a serious attempt to revive Brio by Honda. They have simply done the interiors (which is again a cost saving measure so that the production lines can use same part bin). The pricing is a disappointment to say the very least.

Honda knew the present status of Brio; and certainly this facelift was an attempt to revive sales ahead of festive season, which is not the case it seems.

The production facilities of Honda are now stable at both locations, rather they are in a position to increase it further. If we look at their product portfolio, none of their products is at no. 1 position including the best selling City (Ciaz has assumed the no. 1 position and will continue to do so)

Sales? well it seems the company is happy with present business !

Anyways....those who wanted to have this tiny wonderful city car with its positives and negative, Honda has made it available to the buyers with revived seriousness !
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 20:03   #22
Team-BHP Support

https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediac...aspx?pr_id=381

I wonder how Honda managed to sell 1209 units in September 2016. Clearance sale old pre-facelift model perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post

The production facilities of Honda are now stable at both locations, rather they are in a position to increase it further. If we look at their product portfolio, none of their products is at no. 1 position including the best selling City (Ciaz has assumed the no. 1 position and will continue to do so)
Honda City seems to back in business - 5855 units sold in September.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 21:23   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

And here is how the Honda Brio stacks up (overall) in the VFM tree, against it's in-segment competition:

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-untitled.gif
(Click to *OPEN* in a separate window)

All prices, ex-showroom Delhi, and have been taken from respective official company websites, except for Volkswagen Polo, taken from Carwale.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th October 2016 at 21:24.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 22:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the above price comparison, the closest rival to the Brio is the Grand i10. Who would have thought that Honda would be cheaper than Hyundai ?

Besides that, the Brio is right up there with Grand i10 in terms of features with only visible difference being the Grand i10 has Height Adjustable Rear Headrests & Rear Wiper. Any features that i have missed can be mentioned by BHPians.

Now the real part, despite both cars being neck & neck, the Grand i10 will sell much more then Honda. Why ?
Because,

Grand i10 has
1. Proper Hatch
2. Bigger Boot
3. Better Ride
4. Bigger Aftersales Network

Now, leaving the 4th point, the Brio lacks behind as is the major reason why it sells lesser then Grand i10 despite being so close.

If anyone is comparing other bits like Interiors, Build Quality, Fit & Finish, here too both are same (Brio now due to better interiors).

From an owners perspective, the Brio is a great little car, something which the Grand i10 isn't(Feels like any other car), while Brio is perfect for those who have a bigger car and need a small one with good engine, looks etc. We too have one.

All the things mentioned here, only enthusiasts would praise and go ahead with Brio, while the majority of people (Common Man) will not even look at Brio despite being so good. The above 4 key points are enough to tilt in favour of Grand i10. This is the same reason why you won't see increased sales of Brio (despite cheaper price) until Honda launches next gen with Revolutionary Styling.

Thanks
Cheers.

Last edited by GTO : 5th October 2016 at 10:16. Reason: Typos
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 5th October 2016, 09:26   #25
BHPian

Looking to buy an automatic hatchback for my wife and the new Brio looks like an interesting choice. The interiors look great in photos but will know only when seen. Carwale.com claims the Bangalore on road price to be 8.37lakhs. It's a surprise that they are not offering auto A/C at this price.

The other cars that we had a look at are:

1) Grand i10 - 8.10L after all discounts
2) Nissan Micra XV CVT - 8.07L after discounts
3) Ford figo - 9.02L (no discounts - this was a big surprise)
4) Polo GT Tsi - ~11L (no discounts)

The Figo has a nice engine, gearbox and best interiors among the options but pretty costly.

With the Brio being a new car I don't expect any discounts as of now. Would this car be a better choice over the Micra?
rohanak1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 09:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
3) Ford figo - 9.02L (no discounts - this was a big surprise)

The Figo has a nice engine, gearbox and best interiors among the options but pretty costly.
Figo has a 1.5L petrol engine and thus falls in the higher tax bracket. Produces 112ps compared to approx 85ps the others have and is mated to a dual clutch transmission. Also in the safety front, it has ESP, Traction control and hill start assist.

Looks like the best value proposition in the list.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 11:02   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Looking at the above price comparison, the closest rival to the Brio is the Grand i10. Who would have thought that Honda would be cheaper than Hyundai ?

Besides that, the Brio is right up there with Grand i10 in terms of features with only visible difference being the Grand i10 has Height Adjustable Rear Headrests & Rear Wiper. Any features that i have missed can be mentioned by BHPians.

Now the real part, despite both cars being neck & neck, the Grand i10 will sell much more then Honda. Why ?
Because,

Grand i10 has
1. Proper Hatch
2. Bigger Boot
3. Better Ride
4. Bigger Aftersales Network

Now, leaving the 4th point, the Brio lacks behind as is the major reason why it sells lesser then Grand i10 despite being so close.

If anyone is comparing other bits like Interiors, Build Quality, Fit & Finish, here too both are same (Brio now due to better interiors).

From an owners perspective, the Brio is a great little car, something which the Grand i10 isn't(Feels like any other car), while Brio is perfect for those who have a bigger car and need a small one with good engine, looks etc. We too have one.

All the things mentioned here, only enthusiasts would praise and go ahead with Brio, while the majority of people (Common Man) will not even look at Brio despite being so good. The above 4 key points are enough to tilt in favour of Grand i10. This is the same reason why you won't see increased sales of Brio (despite cheaper price) until Honda launches next gen with Revolutionary Styling.

Thanks
Cheers.
There is 1 more reason why people like me will go with the Grand i10 over the Brio and that is the ride quality... No mechanical changes in the new Brio means that the ride quality will be the same as the old one.
Old 5th October 2016, 11:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediac...aspx?pr_id=381

I wonder how Honda managed to sell 1209 units in September 2016. Clearance sale old pre-facelift model perhaps?
Honda has been clearing the earlier model Brio at discount throughout 2016. Also there seems to be a price revision as well. I checked current Mumbai prices OTR on Carwale and its good 65-70K more than what I paid for a similar spec Brio earlier this year.

But yes they may have totally dumped the stock in Sept. It still is a wonderful little car with loads of fun written all over.
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 11:31   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

All-black interiors of the VX variant snapped at the launch event yesterday, courtesy IAB.

Quote:
The Brio facelift sources the dashboard from the Honda Amaze facelift and Honda BR-V, which incorporates premium materials, rectangular AC vents, silver accents, a new instrument cluster, a new 2-DIN audio system with USB, Aux-in and Bluetooth connectivity and new AC controls with a max-cool feature. The top-end VX exclusively gets an all black interior, while lower variants have beige fabric seats and door panels.
Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-2016hondabriofaceliftinteriorimage.jpg

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-2016hondabriofaceliftdashboardtrimimage.jpg

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-2016hondabriofacelifthvacventsimage.jpg

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-2016hondabriofaceliftcenterconsoleimage.jpg

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-2016hondabriofaceliftfloorconsoleimage.jpg

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-2016hondabriofaceliftinstrumentclusterimage.jpg

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-2016hondabriofaceliftsteeringwheelimage.jpg

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-2016hondabriofaceliftwindowcontrolsimage.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 13:48   #30

Taken individually, the Brio has been updated really well. But Honda has put the same interior design all the way up to the City now. It debuted with the new City, the jazz, the facelift amaze got it and now the brio. But it looks great nevertheless!
Isn't it time they dump the sliding switch for recirculation and go for a modern button? Its an eyesore in an otherwise neat cabin.
I wish they added airbags on all variants as standard as many others rightly said.
I think nowadays black is associated with class more than beige, with advent of expensive cars having black/grey interiors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks