Team-BHP - Skoda introduces MySkoda App
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda introduces MySkoda App (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/180644-skoda-introduces-myskoda-app.html)

Skoda has introduced a MySkoda smartphone application. This app is aimed to increase transparency between the company and its customers by providing a single-window interface. The MySkoda app is available on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.

Using this app, Skoda customers can access their entire service history, including the past jobs carried out on the car. It also allows customers to book a service appointment, get an estimated service cost, and even know the cost of various parts. Additionally, the app stores information of all Skoda dealers and service centers across India. The company's customer care team can also be contacted through the platform. It further allows the owner to store important car ownership related documents in the app's digital document repository.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2_BntVUBE

Following are the major features of the app:

MyGarage: It provides all information about your Skoda Car(s), including insurance, warranty, extended warranty, road side assistance, and service due date

MyDocuments: Users can use this section of the app to store soft copies of various documents like Registration Certificates, Insurance Policies, PUC Certificates, etc.

Service: The app also allows users to access past service records, book new service slots, and estimate cost for each service

Fuel cost log: Owners need to enter the cost and amount of fuel filled, and the app will maintain a log that showcases the total expenditure on fuel

GPS enabled Dealer Locater: This helps Skoda customers to locate the nearest service centre or dealership, especially while traveling

Customer support: Skoda customers can also contact the company's customer support team through the app itself

Skoda introduces MySkoda App-unnamed-4.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Thanks! I just downloaded and tried. The biggest advantage is that it has all the historical service record invoices for the car delivered to your email!

I had seen this app for European markets. I am glad that they have come out with Indian version also. App seems very good. It seems that extended warranty provided by Insurance Companies is not being shown as a part of extended warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rutvij (Post 4069524)
I had seen this app for European markets. I am glad that they have come out with Indian version also. App seems very good. It seems that extended warranty provided by Insurance Companies is not being shown as a part of extended warranty.

Yes indeed! It has been there for quite some time, titled "Skoda service" but not functional in India though. Finally, they made an app for Indian customers too.

For those who are unaware, there is a handy remote control app for Skoda radio which was launched long back. Similar app is available for VW radio too.

Links to My Skoda App:

Android

iPhone

Links to Skoda Remote App:

Android

iPhone

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zubin21 (Post 4069486)
Thanks! I just downloaded and tried. The biggest advantage is that it has all the historical service record invoices for the car delivered to your email!

I have also downloaded the app. But nowhere am I able to find the historical invoices. Im not even able to see such an option of having these delivered to your mail.
Unless of course this is to be done, by contacting the dealer.
Please clarify.

Also, this Skoda Radio Remote Control - am not able to figure this out either.

Im on iOS. Is it possible that some functionalities are not there on iOS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 4069772)
I have also downloaded the app. But nowhere am I able to find the historical invoices. Im not even able to see such an option of having these delivered to your mail.
Please clarify.

You have to add you car in my garage by entering VIN of your car. After that you can select your car from my garage and in that you will get Service history.

I have down loaded the app and it works nice. This is a great step by Skoda India :thumbs up

I can see the whole service history of my car. This will be really helpful in keeping track of your vehicle record and in planning next service. I have to see how service appointment thing works on app. Anybody tried booking service appointment through app?

Last but not the least, we can get rid of the paper bills (go green clap:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 4069405)
The app also allows users to access past service records

:thumbs up Just imagine how easy this makes buying / evaluating a used Skoda.

Every quarter or two, we hear of a new service / after-sales related announcement from Skoda. They clearly have their work cut out if they want to regain the trust of Indian customers (after their many after-sales debacles).

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillsnrains (Post 4069867)
Last but not the least, we can get rid of the paper bills (go green clap:).

:thumbs up Seriously! I h-a-t-e paper anything.

This is such good thing. I can only hope this comes to other brands cause this is the way forward. It'll help immensely to anyone purchasing a used skoda or when someone just wants to know what has happened to their car overnight at the workshop. I do have one question for the existing and new MySkoda App users, in the heading post it was mentioned you can check the prices of various costs. How true is this? Is it limited to only wiper blades and headlights and that sort? Or does it have everything? Too often have we seen apps being launched much before they are fully ready, I hope Skoda hasn't done that here.

On another note, I remember reading a news article earlier. Im not sure if its on Team-BHP yet. But this was an article about Volvo rental cars and personal Volvo cars. The article read, the Volvo rental cars in Sweden will be using apps as digital keys for a prospective rent'er to rent the car. Once everything is finalised in the documents and identification side, then you'll be asked to install an app and put in your identification number and what not. From there you can simply walk up to your car which will be left in a parking spot for you to collect and open from your app. And if you are an owner of the vehicle, you can once again use the app as a key. You can also send this "key" over to a friend for sometime and have it back. The article was a bit unclear on how a friend or family member can potentially use the key or have it lent over. Nonetheless, i think is incredibly cool. Think it comes into effect by 2018 or somewhere there. Can only hope this doesn't get cracked like the Tesla has been hacked by some recently.
And hopefully it makes its way to India soon.

Quote:

Please clarify.

As someone mentioned you need to enter the VIN in the app and it sends an OTP to your registered mobile number with Skoda. Once you enter the OTP you can access the service invoices sent to your email registered in Skoda's records. There is no need to contact the dealer as i had my services done in Delhi, and 3 different ASS in Mumbai throughout the car's history and all of them were delivered to my email. Just make sure you have the correct Phone number and email registered in Skoda's records.

Quote:

Also, this Skoda Radio Remote Control - am not able to figure this out either. Im on iOS. Is it possible that some functionalities are not there on iOS?

I've been using this remote control app on my iPhone for the past 2 years or so. I can say it is completely functional and easy to operate. Try re-installing the app and see.

Skoda launches MySkoda App version 2.0

In October 2016, Skoda introduced its MySkoda mobile application in India. The company has now updated the app with new features.

Skoda introduces MySkoda App-my-koda-prospect-closed.png

Apart from providing a single-window interface between the company and its customers, the MySkoda App version 2.0 will also cater to enthusiasts and potential customers in addition to its existing customers. Through the app, users can now get access to DriveTribe - an online automotive community. A Parking Assistance feature has also been integrated into the app. This feature helps customers find their parked cars through the app. The app also hosts a new 'Product' section for authorized Skoda accessories.

Skoda introduces MySkoda App-parking-assistance.png

The app has features like a 'Garage' section that provides information about the user's vehicles, insurance details, information regarding warranty and extended warranty. The 'Service' section gives access to the entire service history of vehicles. Users can also book a service appointment via the app. A new service-tracking feature has also been added to the app, which has an integrated 'Trip Cost Calculator' to keep track of expenses including fuel costs.

Name:  Thumb_My KODA prospect location.png
Views: 3027
Size:  108.7 KB

The app allows prospective customers to browse through the complete Skoda range currently offered in India. Customers can book a test drive and also get informed about the latest offers. Finally, customers can use the 'Customer Care' section to voice their grievances.

The MySkoda App can be downloaded via iTunes App Store for iPhone and Google Play store for Android devices.

Skoda has also shared a video on setting up the app as well as the various features of the same. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2--g7sVEk

Link to Team-BHP News

Hopefully Skoda ASS 2.0 will follow soon.

This app is for after you buy your Skoda car. It needs your VIN number.

I had been to the showroom for a test drive of the Octavia 1.8. here at Coimbatore.
No test drive vehicle sir!

But there is a supposedly a "customers car" new car pre delivery. They would not let me drive on the road, rather inside their parking compound.
Two weeks later they kept calling asking me to pay an advance , and that it take 45 days to get the car.
When I said that i was unsatisfied with the test drive , and would like like to drive it on the road, this time they agreed!!
To me it looks like that the dealer (SGA CARS Coimabtore), deliberately miss informs customers of the arrival of the car, and uses the same car for test drives for other potential customers. This is my guess.
Now the question here is : Can I track the booking and dispatch of my car after paying an advance?

Tech Guys, need your help with MySkoda app!

So basically, I have been using MySkoda app for almost 3 years now.
So when I got the replacement car in March 2019, I have been using it since day 1, I have been logging in the fuel details and stuff like that, quite happy with the way the app works and keeps a track of expenses.

But on 14th November 2019, I made a stupid mistake, I was trying to upload the car's picture into the profile, and since the picture wasn't looking fine, I wanted to delete it, and in the process, the entire VIN itself was deleted.
So what I later did was to re-enter the VIN and authenticate it with the OTP I received.

Later, I realized that the old data is lost.
So I wanted to check if it's possible to retrieve it.

I checked with Skoda guys and apparently, it isn't possible from their end.
I was conveyed that once the VIN is erased the app erases the personal data like fuel filled, spends, etc. However, the service history is retained.
This is to avoid any new buyer from accessing the old user's personal details.

Is there any way to sort this out?
Also, can somebody tell me if such data of fuel filled, spends, trip costs, etc would be stored in their database or locally stored on the phone? If it's stored on the phone then I haven't deleted any files nor re-installed the app, so files would be still available on my phone.
And, what happens when MySkoda app users switch phones? Do they have to manually sit and re-enter the whole records by themselves?

A friend of mine told me that with Honda Connect, all data is stored at Honda. so just logging in with email id/password restores everything, How I wish MySkoda also had such kind of provision.