Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2006, 18:15   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Dude no offense meant kay ! its very clear you are a Maruti Fan..And sir Antony,I myself have contemplated on your views about tuned baleno , I know its a beast have driven some of them myself...I mean in stock tune there is no definite perfomance edge for baleno nor its suspension settings nor its brakes nor its handling.....I feel palio is better composed(may not be around corners at high speed...blame the shorter wheel base...right ?). Honda City is a better alrounder ...I mean quick steering , nice high revving engine....If tuned balenos are what u feel the best ...I disagree a bit , I think Lancers will do a better job having better brakes...and awesome handling...... earlier balenos had better throttle response....

Mondeo is my fav car.....GTO had mentioned that real driver's car lie in the 13-16 bracket...I agree to GTO's opinions thats all I had meant....
..Whether I am a Maruti fan is not the topic here my friend...concentrate on the point and I am writing this just as another car company who make a car and its not because Maruti makes Balenos K. If you don't like the company which makes cheap and affordable cars thats not my reason for concern.
100bhp agreed thats whats the palios used to make, what was the P.W.R?
And regarding better brakes for the Lancer,all they do is make the car slower quicker!
another point I wanted to highlight has already been highlighted above, before this post!
Old 20th October 2006, 08:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
..Whether I am a Maruti fan is not the topic here my friend...concentrate on the point and I am writing this just as another car company who make a car and its not because Maruti makes Balenos K. If you don't like the company which makes cheap and affordable cars thats not my reason for concern.
100bhp agreed thats whats the palios used to make, what was the P.W.R?
And regarding better brakes for the Lancer,all they do is make the car slower quicker!
another point I wanted to highlight has already been highlighted above, before this post!
Dude Agreed palio is around 1.05 tonne...but tell me 0-100 timings of both the car.......thats what I mean kay...why the heck are you taking power to weight ratio into account when both time near 11.5 seconds..? Dude...regarding brakes...all they make the car slower...quicker......?????....thats so lame ? So why has pete's brought out its perfomance brake pads ? all it does is make a car car slower quicker.....right ? so you mean to say thats not an essential part of the car ? Dude , am not concerned whether you are a Maruti fan or Cheap affordable car maker fan......By the way when Baleno came out first ...they were really cheap and worth the money . They were forced to reduce the price , and moreover I like baleno ..it has a good shape long hood and short overhang...looks very nice.....but its the way you are putting it thats wrong as if baleno is a Skyline,when its not. Am not a die hard palio fan ..but its 1.6 is a rocket as good as a baleno...if you dont believe it go drag a stock baleno and GTX , and then tell me.. !
Old 20th October 2006, 08:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

[quote=v1p3r]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
I feel palio is better composed(may not be around corners at high speed...blame the shorter wheel base...right ?)/quote]

If it's not better around high speed corners, how can you call it a better handling car?
Please take into account ...a normal driver ...a normal road ..a normal indian road...with uneven surface.....I feel in that condition palio isnt bad.....but am not talking about racing....am just saying its not bad for occasional release of Power on the road. What I prefer is obviously lancer....you can see in my first post....but what I wanted to stress on is that Baleno and Palio is equally matched in terms of their drivetrain outputs. Palio has a good balance between ride and handling.....has a good steering response so all i wanted to say is its ot a bad car.....and baleno ceratinly doesnt have that big an advantage over it in stock tune....thats all . Isnt that a fact ?

Last edited by maxbhp : 20th October 2006 at 08:51.
Old 20th October 2006, 09:53   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Alright guys, enough of battering. Now lets end your argument and let others contribute to the topic.
Old 21st October 2006, 07:11   #65
BANNED

Somebody!

If the Accord's wavy suspension is tightened, can it be called a Driver's car?

I'm speaking of the manual version.
Old 21st October 2006, 21:55   #66
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I just put in a note and things dont seem to stop. Some posts have ben deleted.

To avoid a temporary ban, its best that the two of you stop with the battering.
Old 21st October 2006, 22:16   #67
Senior - BHPian

I absolutely stand by my lancer sfxi. Many absolutely love their Vtec. There are various baleno fans on the forum.

lets call that the golden period. there was a time when AMerican cars ruled the grid. Decades passed and still they are remembered. Now GM and Chrysler are reinventing the magic. let's hope it happens in India too.
Old 21st October 2006, 22:33   #68
Senior - BHPian

How about the recently launched Chevrolet SRV,it was launched as a drivers car[have not driven it and hence cannot make any comments from my side]

The problem is that there are hardly any on the roads that we may never know how good the car is/was.

Could somebody do a NHC vtec VS OHC vtec comparison,and illustrate as to why exactly the NHC vtec cannot be called a driver oriented car[I hate the looks of the NHC but lets not keep looks as the deciding factor alone].

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 21st October 2006 at 22:46.
Old 21st October 2006, 22:58   #69
Senior - BHPian

Sorry did not read earlier posts about srv so the srv is of the list at least for now until gm upgrades the engine.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:05   #70
BHPian

Have car makers in India forgotten Indian car enthusiasts?

First and foremost, I am sayin' this without any offences to anyone. Please don't take it personally.

I always felt this but my belief has strenghtened after the launch of the new Zen. Have Indian manufacturers forgotten that a species called "car enthusiast" exist in India? Take a look at all the next generation vehicles launched in India. Agreed, real enthusiasts comprise of a very very tiny proportion of the car buying public but even then aren't auto enthusiasts an integral part of the car market??

Take this for instance:

Honda : Compare the old Honda City and the new Honda City. Even both the VTECs for that matter. Yes, the new Honda City is a good practical car but where is the oomph factor of the old City? And I am yet to see any souped up Civics.

HM-Mitsubishi : There was a period where HM completely ignored the Lancer and completely relied on punny visual upgrades. The new Lancer Cedia has not been able to fulfill the expectations of most people.

Maruti-Suzuki : After the launch of the new Zen, do I have to say more. And I was dreaming that someday Zen will be launched with the Esteem engine. Why the stepmotherly treatment to the Baleno? Apart from the Gypsy, it is the only Maruti without no major visual upgrades to match its awesome engine. And everybody has seen the pics of the next generation Baleno. Yuck!!. By the way when is the hyped Swift 1.6 going to be launched, after 10 years??

Tata : All its sporty concepts, Aria, Indica sport and so on have never taken off beyond the Auto Expo and the Geneva Motor Show.

Fiat : It's after sales service says it all leading to the demise of the Palio. Let's see what Fiat does with the new Palio and the Punto.

Ford : Ford has maintained its reputation to an extent with the Fiesta 1.6. But after seeing the stupid DURASPORT, a big yuck..

But after seeing some cars like the supercharged Chevy SRV, I see light at the end of the tunnel, but as Mr. Navjot Sidhu says, let's hope this light is not of an oncoming car or a train.

Last edited by ported_head : 7th December 2006 at 13:50.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
I always felt this but my belief has strenghtened after the launch of the new Zen. Have Indian manufacturers forgotten that a species called "car enthusiast" exist in India?
you cant be so mean salil, dont we all have round tail lamps, advertised with so much pride by almost all car companies.

Quote:
But after seeing some cars like the supercharged Chevy SRV, I see light at the end of the tunnel, but as Mr. Navjot Sidhu says, let's hope this light is not of an oncoming car or a train.
all i can feel after estillo is that the light is not of hope but that an oncoming train. mr. jagdish khattar is making "khatara" of all the models. wud definiltey like to meet their car designer.

Last edited by ported_head : 7th December 2006 at 13:51.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Posts have been moved, please continue discussion here. Thanks rahul_intlad. Please use our "new and improved" SEARCH function to look for existing threads before starting new ones.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:58   #73
Senior - BHPian

Could anybody please point me to 0-100 figures for these driver-oriented cars ? Remember seeing on the forum, but unable to trace it now. Thanks.
Old 7th December 2006, 14:36   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But how many SRVs have we seen on the roads yet ? the supercharging is costing quite a packet, i heard.

yes, navjot sidhu has hit that light head on now & finding out that it was a train, after all.
Old 7th December 2006, 15:11   #75
BHPian

I think Its not merely the 0-100 KMPH numbers that matter, ride quality, handling and stability also instill a lot of confidence to driver. I think Petra wins in this regard, its very stable at high speeds, responds well to throttle and handles very well at high speeds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks