Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport Signature Edition launched at Rs. 9.26 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport Signature Edition launched at Rs. 9.26 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/180787-ford-ecosport-signature-edition-launched-rs-9-26-lakh.html)

Ford India has launched a Signature Edition of the EcoSport compact SUV. This special edition variant is priced at Rs. 9.26 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Essentially, the EcoSport Signature Edition is similar to the Black Edition model that was launched earlier this year, though it gets some added accessories.

Changes on the outside include LED Daytime Running Lights placed below the fog lamp, front and rear bumper appliqués, and body graphics on the door panels. Based on the Black Edition, the Signature Edition too gets all-black exteriors which includes the front grille, alloy wheels, ORVM covers, roof rails, fog lamp bezel and headlight assemblies.

Feature additions on the inside include illuminated scuff plates and black vinyl seat covers with red stitching. All added elements of the EcoSport Signature edition will be fitted at dealer level on the existing EcoSport Black variants.

The EcoSport Black Signature Edition will be offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre petrol, a 1.5-litre TDCi diesel. Transmission options on offer include a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed DCT.

Ford EcoSport Signature Edition launched at Rs. 9.26 lakh-unnamed.png

Link to Team-BHP News

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 4072552)
Ford India has launched a Signature Edition of the EcoSport compact SUV. This special edition variant is priced at Rs. 9.26 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Changes on the outside include LED Daytime Running Lights placed below the fog lamp, front and rear bumper appliqués, and body graphics on the door panels. Feature additions on the inside include illuminated scuff plates and black vinyl seat covers with red stitching.

All added elements of the EcoSport Signature edition will be fitted at dealer level on the existing EcoSport Black variants.

Black edition was launched at 8.58L. The asking price for these modifications is definitely on the higher side, considering the accessories are fitted at the dealer level as well.

DRLs look too aftermarket, and the sticker does not gel with the black theme of the car.

For my clarification, doesn't the Ecosport already have a DRL in the headlight itself? If that is the case then the additional DRL's are going to look a bit odd.

If these accessories are getting fitted at a dealership, wouldn't it be cheaper to get them fitted outside or better still drive a hard bargain with the dealer itself and get it at a mich lower cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick1977 (Post 4072589)

For my clarification, doesn't the Ecosport already have a DRL in the headlight itself?

Hey Maverick1977 the Ecosport comes with an LED Pilot lamp within the headlight assembly and it is not a DRL. I found this out when I had accompanied my pal during his Diesel Hatch TDs.

In fact, I think it would have been awesome if Ford had made this as a DRL as it looks nice, at least in comparison to the ones offered on the Signature edition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4072623)
Hey Maverick1977 the Ecosport comes with an LED Pilot lamp within the headlight assembly and it is not a DRL. I found this out when I had accompanied my pal during his Diesel Hatch TDs.

I think this the drl Maverick is talking about(see attached pic). It was added on higher variant option when the EcoSport got the upgraded 100ps engine upgrade. Guess you missed it. You can check it out on Ford website itself. I'm afraid Maverick has a point here. Also the sticker looks like an after-thought and doesn't gel in with the rest of the car, is what I think. And the seats should have been leather. Its 'signature' level boss. Why skimp here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 4072638)
I think this the drl Maverick is talking about(see attached pic). It was added on higher variant option when the EcoSport got the upgraded 100ps engine upgrade. Guess you missed it. You can check it out on Ford website itself. I'm afraid Maverick has a point here. Also the sticker looks like an after-thought and doesn't gel in with the rest of the car, is what I think. And the seats should have been leather. Its 'signature' level boss. Why skimp here?

No these are not DRLs, they are signature lamps and are practically the replacement of parking lights.

In addition to this, they are also lit when one uses the remote / request sensor of the car to locate the car / open the door.

They are not lit when the car is in motion, unless one switches them on - a step before head light / similar to operation of parking light.

DRLs would be separate. They are already present in the Titanium (O) as company fitted and are part of the fog lamp housing.

Cheers !

The DRL's looks too aftermarket in my opinion and the graphics somehow spoil the clean look attained by the Black edition. Ford seems to be trying too hard to regain the market share by including newer editions with diminutive changes.