Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2016, 13:34   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Terrano AMT priced from Rs. 13.75 lakh

Nissan India has disclosed the prices of the Terrano AMT. Dubbed as the "Terrano 6 Speed Advanced Auto Drive", the price range of the AMT variants will be between Rs 13.75 lakhs - Rs 13.85 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Pre-bookings of the Terrano AMT variants have started at all Nissan dealerships, for a token amount of Rs 25,000.

Quote:
The new car features an all-new 6-Speed Advanced AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) mated to a 1.5-litre diesel engine, generating 110PS of power and 248NM of torque. The AMT-equipped grade also gets Hill Assist Control and Electronic Stability Program (ESP) for added traction and safety.

Along with the addition of 6 Speed Advanced Auto Drive, the Terrano range gets as many as 14 new enhancements, spread across model variants. These include electrically folding exterior rear-view mirrors with integrated turn signals, anti-pinch driver side windows, a new driver armrest, soft touch plastics on the dashboard, and door trim.

White backlit illumination on door switches, new door trim design, one touch turn indicators, and automatic warning for emergency braking will be standard across all variants.

A new body colour, Sandstone Brown, will also be available throughout the range.

Fuel efficiency for the Terrano 6 Speed Advanced Auto Drive stands at an ARAI rated 19.61kmpl.
Nissan Terrano AMT priced from Rs. 13.75 lakh-54732840.cms.jpg

Nissan Terrano AMT priced from Rs. 13.75 lakh-54732862.cms.jpg

Nissan Terrano AMT priced from Rs. 13.75 lakh-54732886.cms.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 16:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

No touch screen audio, no ACC, no steering mounted controls, for a car that will be close to 15L OTR- EPIC FAIL Nissan!
himanshugoswami is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 10:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

A non-serious attempt by Nissan. I am not sure if the overseas principals of the company have taken keen interest in the facelift opportunity alongside AMT inclusion. Both Terrano and Duster are struggling essentially due to competition in the cross-over / pseudo SUV market.

Globally they have provided a much better and competent product, which was also possible for India. A product with competent handling and engine is loosing market just because of lackluster interest from the companies involved in its promotion in India. I would rate both Nissan and Renault very poorly on this sheer negligence. Nissan could have used this opportunity by mating this machine with a

- 6 speed gear automatic box instead of AMT
- touch screen unit with camera and navigation (Sunny)
- Auto climate control (Sunny and Micra)
- Improved dashboard with soft plastic and new steering wheel (Sunny and Micra)

They have this ready in their parts bin in other markets

They could have used the price advantage against Renault and offered a better product to customers. I am sure with this they could have tilted several Creta customers on their side.

Last edited by i74js : 10th October 2016 at 10:31.
i74js is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 13:13   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Terrano AMT priced from Rs. 13.75 lakh

Nissan Terrano AMT priced from Rs. 13.75 lakh. Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 15:15   #5
Team-BHP Support

Teaser released for the Terrano AMT. Nothing in it though, just a claim for "Japanese Quality"

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 16:01   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Teaser released for the Terrano AMT. Nothing in it though, just a claim for "Japanese Quality"

https://Youtu.be/X3IobVEBlNM
OT:
Plain stupid to claim Japanese Quality when the car is made by Renault. But in India anything goes.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 19:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
OT:
Plain stupid to claim Japanese Quality when the car is made by Renault
Originally by Dacia! Should be claiming Romanian quality ideally!

Since that wouldn't have sounded very intriguing, Japanese it is..!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 12:58   #8
BHPian

So I made a trip to the Nissan showroom yesterday to take a test drive of the AMT. The sales guy there seemed to be a novice and did not have much clue about the features. I also asked him the difference between Terrano and Duster and he was all at sea.

No wonder the vehicle is not selling well in India and is rarely visible on the roads.

Nissan guys really need to pull up their socks and get their act together in this matter. Let's see how things move going forward.

Coming back to the test drive, there was no AMT version around as it had been taken to some other showroom for some other prospect. The sales guy promised to call me back when the vehicle arrived back to the showroom. No calls yet though

Last edited by @Chaand : 26th February 2017 at 13:01.
Old 26th February 2017, 15:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
So I made a trip to the Nissan showroom yesterday to take a test drive of the AMT. The sales guy there seemed to be a novice and did not have much clue about the features. I also asked him the difference between Terrano and Duster and he was all at sea.

No wonder the vehicle is not selling well in India and is rarely visible on the roads.

Nissan guys really need to pull up their socks and get their act together in this matter. Let's see how things move going forward.

Coming back to the test drive, there was no AMT version around as it had been taken to some other showroom for some other prospect. The sales guy promised to call me back when the vehicle arrived back to the showroom. No calls yet though
Same in Gurgaon at Vertex Nissan.

Took a week to get back to offering the TD.

They had no answer why Terrano still deserves a premium over Duster.

Infact, the biggest insult upon injury was that they gave me three follow up calls (no less!) to invite me to a Club Mahindra event that they were conducting, and one of the ladies was actually indignant about why I didn't want to hear about the free Club Mahindra event.

to Nissan with such stellar sales staff I say. It is a shame - the brand is pretty much on life support in India, with the RediGo being rejected outright in key markets like NCR.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 17:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Same in Gurgaon at Vertex Nissan
I guess they're pretty much the same everywhere. Couple of months ago, when we were at Nissan; they initially tried wooing us towards Datsun Go+ when we expressed our interest with Terrano.

They were looking helpless after a point as our casual talk kept flowing. Helpless because they might've probably accepted & understood our needs & they didn't have any product to match.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks