Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:46   #136
BHPian

Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Team,

Here are the first completely undisguised pictures of the 2017 Maruti-Suzuki DZire, courtesy my WhatsApp birdies.
[/center]
Thanks for the pics!

Definitely looks like a Dzire, totally weird but looks disproportionate in a totally new way. The front reminds me of the Scala! Those headlights definitely look like the Renault Scala's. That thick chrome bezel around the font grille is overkill, makes it look like the Dzire applied lipstick.

Image courtesy: Team BHP Official Renault Scala review.

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-renaultscala10.jpg

The rear looks flatter than before. But the car overall looks wider. The tailights look way too simple now.

Once again Maruti Suzuki has proved that it can't style a sub 4m sedan.

That A pillar looks totally new. Has MS totally reworked the structure of the car in anticipation of the upcoming crash norms?

IS it just me or does the Dzire look like it's based design-wise on the Baleno. Look closely and the side character lines definitely looks like that of the Baleno. Also Baleno is 3995mm in Length. Picture courtesy Team BHP Maruti Baleno Official review.

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-marutibaleno06.jpg

Last edited by Shanksta : 3rd April 2017 at 13:12.
Shanksta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:48   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Interested to see if boot space has improved.. Hatch back Baleno has more boot space than the sedan, sorry compact sedan Dzire!!
Yes, and that beats the whole point of having a compact sedan.

The Xcent, Amaze made so much sense that because they carried a very large boot compared to their hatchback siblings (Grand i10, Brio) and even the premium hatchbacks (i20) - that the value proposition was good enough to prefer the compact sedan over the hatchback for better practicality.

But the current DZire is neither here nor there. Just having a namesake boot without adding much value.

Hope the upcoming DZire changes this flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Thanks for the pics!

Definitely looks like a Dzire, totally weird but looks disproportionate in a totally new way. The front reminds me of the Scala! Those headlights definitely look like the Renault Scala's. That thick chrome bezel around the font grille is overkill, makes it look like the Dzire applied lipstick.

Aah. Now i realize why i found the front to be reminding of me some car. It was the Scala. Thanks

Last edited by DCEite : 3rd April 2017 at 12:50.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 13:11   #138
BHPian

So finally Maruti Suzuki designs a steering with thumb contour

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-marutiswift2017interior.jpg
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 13:26   #139
Senior - BHPian

The "Pout" culture has taken a new level with Dzire. Now with Crome Lipstick
nitinralli is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 13:47   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Here are the first completely undisguised pictures of the 2017 Maruti-Suzuki DZire, courtesy my WhatsApp birdies.

The rear looks more like a tone down version of Kizashi!
Old 3rd April 2017, 14:15   #141
BHPian

The car looks much better than its previous two avatars. Anyone else feels that the front has a resemblance to Figo/Aspire?
As per my friend working with Maruti, end-April is the target launch date. Expected colours are Blue, Brown, Silver, White and Grey.
Old 3rd April 2017, 14:21   #142
BHPian

It seems like everyone wants to join 'hexagonal grille' bandwagon. How many more hexagonal grill launches are we gonna see in the coming months?

For how long will overdone Chrome & DRL fetch more buyers than better interior quality and Airbag/ABS?
murajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 15:33   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team,

The front grille with that chrome and the weird shape looks hideous.
Looks like somebody took an already enormous Peugeot 407 grille and performed a bad lips surgery on it.

It's my personal opinion of course, no offence to potential buyers.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 3rd April 2017 at 15:35.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 15:49   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
It's my personal opinion of course, no offence to potential buyers.
In a sarcastic way, you are pointing at 15-20K Indian Households, soon to own this hideous looking vehicle.

Jokes apart, I have always felt Swift Dzire has ruined the image of Swift.
Though it sells, it takes away that sports-hatch Cult image, which Swift could have enjoyed like Punto / Polo or Old Zen.

This vehicle looks so after market than a genuine OEM product, with that faux wood trim on Steering wheel and that awkward grill with chrome lining.
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 16:27   #145
BHPian

Is it only who feels that the rear is a direct lift from the Amaze? (they had done the similar thing for ciaz=city)

Front look looses all the bad boy character of swift. It looks like it is apeing Ford twins in the front.
Old 3rd April 2017, 16:31   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Is it only who feels that the rear is a direct lift from the Amaze? (they had done the similar thing for ciaz=city)
No.

As far as I remember, I have seen many others (in this thread also) posting this same feeling (Amaze look a like).

They are running out of ideas in design. Not just Maruti, others too are copying each other.
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:20   #147
BHPian

One look and I am pained to the core..... I was expecting a sober looking car, but Oh My God this is U.G.L.Y.
What happened to neutral looking designs from MSIL? It is hard to believe after looking at the current designs, that Suzuki designed the first gen smashing looking swift.
Have MSIL become so confident with their sales numbers that they don’t bother about the design of their new products?
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:22   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Who else thinks that the front grille has close resemblance to HM Ambassador ?
Doesn't suit the smallish profile of this car, front looks too heavy.

That said, the car still looks better than the current Dzire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I think the grille looks very similar to the 2017 Fiesta hatchback which debuted a few months back.

Attachment 1625727
Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
The car looks much better than its previous two avatars. Anyone else feels that the front has a resemblance to Figo/Aspire?
IMO this is the best looking Swift d'zire since the first launch. It has its own shortcomings which it shares with all the compact sedans in the market now. But you have to give a to Maruti for atleast making an attempt to make this car look better than what it did before.

Those wondering where front design inspiration is from, have a look at the upcoming Swift hatchback.
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-suzukiswiftnewgen_827x510_61482821369.jpg
Photo courtesy: Link

The car looks more grown up now having the rear look similar to other Suzuki sedans (Ciaz and Kizashi).
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-439157_4331_suzuki_kizashi.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-suzukikizashireview4.jpg

Photo courtesy: Google images
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 19:09   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I wish they just copied the interior design of new Swift . It looks more better and premium. Maruti has done mixture of parts from old Dzire and new Swift
Once again sir, if you look at the photo comparison by Leoshashi, you will see the following. They have used beige instead of black in lower and middle portions which is the same as previous generations of the car. Wood on the dashboard is also similar as previous generation. The dashboard is identical except for the top cover which incorporates the housing for the center vents. Perhaps the Swift will have a grey-ish hue and the Dzire will be all black for contrast with the beige. I feel that the wood on the steering is an aftermarket option and will not be launched as such. Therefore, we will get a similar dash as the new gen Swift with round vents reserved for "sporty" Swift and rectangular for "family friendly" Dzire.

IMHO, nice to have a small differentiation in design!

It also seems as though the roof + A/B/C pillars has been designed as one unit and has a cohesive curved design suited to good rear headroom. They have just placed this onto the same lower half at the front and a bespoke rear.

Be assured that this is 100% a brand new generation and will hopefully help the Dzire compete on rear space + boot space with the Xcent, Tigor, etc.
Old 3rd April 2017, 20:13   #150
BANNED

Is the name of this car "DZire" or something else? The first letter doesn't seem to be "D", but "C" / "G"?

Image source: Gaadiwaadi
Attached Thumbnails
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-2017newmarutidzire.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd April 2017 at 20:16.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks