Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2017, 07:35   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

OverDrive's take on the 2017 Dzire- finer details,

And SVP's views on the Dzire,

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th April 2017 at 07:39.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 10:58   #257
Senior - BHPian

Although Im no fan of the Dzire in particular and sub 4m "sedans" in general (give me a hatch anyday instead), I must say that in the pics at least, the interiors are seriously impressive for this segment. You just know that this will be another runaway star for Maruti, with near 20K monthly sales. What wouldn't other carmakers give to be in such a position!!

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 25th April 2017 at 11:26.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 11:10   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

The new DZire has reminiscence of the 2017 Swift + Ciaz and Kizashi - Overall a very well accepted response seeing the exterior and interior in pics!

More pics from Rushlane,

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-1.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-5.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-3.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-4.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-14.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-12.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-16.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-7.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-8.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-19.jpg
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-newmarutidzire2018photos28.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 11:22   #259
BHPian

No offence to the DZire owners. But where does Maruti get the talent of making every subsequent generation of DZire uglier than the previous one.

I mean the angular boot section looks completely out of place with those curves at the front. The concept of "Stance" of the vehicle appears to be worryingly absent from the mind of designers of Maruti Suzuki. The wood insert on the steering only infuriates me more.

"Maruti Suzuki ke designers, kya kar rahe ho yaar?"
("The designers at Maruti Suzuki, What are you guys doing?")

P.S. Look at how awkwardly the waist line meets the boot. And while the process of designing did they put up a picture of Amaze for inspiration?

Last edited by thatfastdude19 : 25th April 2017 at 11:26. Reason: Had to add something.
Old 25th April 2017, 11:36   #260
BHPian

Unfortunately the boot-lid still does not get a cladding on the inside. Looks ugly.

376 litre boot with goose-neck hinges will be equivalent to the 340 litre boot on the Baleno.

While I like this new iteration of Dzire, I would have preferred it without the following:
- Fog lamp bracket chrome insert
- Excessive beige in the cabin

Pic courtesy: Rushlane Youtube video
Attached Thumbnails
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-boot-cladding.jpg  

dheepak10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 11:36   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfastdude19 View Post
No offence to the DZire owners. But where does Maruti get the talent of making every subsequent generation of DZire uglier than the previous one.
I guess Maruti has an in-house secret software that takes inputs as other competitors' models and outputs a new model for Maruti.
But looking at this Dzire, I'd say their software needs improvement.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 11:40   #262
Senior - BHPian

Actually its quite worrying how automotive styling is evolving in the country's largest car manufacturer. On one hand we have Tata Motors, our homegrown OEM, who has definitely matured its styling to a great extent and on the other hand we have this? And that too from a "global" OEM.

S-i-g-h-h!

Inspiration taken from 1996 Ford Scorpio i guess. Even Doraemon is sad !

Image Source: respective websites
Attached Thumbnails
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-dzire-2017.jpg  

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-saddoraemon.jpg  

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-ford-scorpio-1996.jpg  

Last edited by arjab : 25th April 2017 at 11:42.
Old 25th April 2017, 11:43   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
It maybe just me but that front is not working out for me. It looks very tame and lame. It is as if some one modified an Ambassador to give it a new look and this is what came out. Maybe it might look better in person, who knows however at the moment it is not good in retinas and post production of the images to my head and then heart. I'm sorry, no offence to anyone here, just my personal opinion.
None of it is original in any way or form. Maruti doesn't make fronts and grills like these. Ford does and they do it very very good and they look well proportioned, aggressive and classic. Maruti has a done a shameless copy paste of Ford designs and failed at it. There is nothing aggressive about that look. On the contrary it fits nowhere and looks weird. And again, this is my personal opinion. If you easily get offended, please go see a doctor. I mean no harm to Maruti lovers or those who are going to buy this thing.
I too felt same like you till they launched it and after seeing all those videos honesty i find it too be the best DZire till date (earlier Avatar were ugly ducklings still manage to sell like 10 lakh+)

This one surely looks well engineered and I expect this to have Loong queues as well. More space, AMT box and my guess is this suzuki will be fun to drive as well

None of the sub 4m sedan are head turners anyway.

It will be interesting to see how they price it. There will surely be overlap with Ciaz
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 12:10   #264
BANNED

Side view of the latest crop of sub-4m sedans. From the times of old DZire and Indigo CS, things have definitely improved in terms of looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-2017-amaze.jpg  

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-2017-tigor-frontview090.jpg  

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-2017-volkswagenameoreview4_827x510_51465205971.jpg  

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-2017hyundaixcentfacelift1.jpg  

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-2017marutidziresidepressimage1024x767_1.jpeg  

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-2017-fordfigoaspiresideview.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 25th April 2017 at 12:19.
romeomidhun is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 12:43   #265
Senior - BHPian

Looks a lot up market and sure to be chart buster for Maruti. It's 100kgs lighter than the out going model !! It's also wide 1735 mm, careful when you pilot this car it's front fenders and left side will be prone to dings because of this (wider than the '17 Honda City: 1695 mm). 20mm extra wheel base and unlike the earlier one which was an after-thought 'piggy-backing' on the 'Swift' success; this has been re-engineered to be a proper sedan, except for the boot which still resembles a 'sawn off shot gun' in keeping with the less than 4000 mm length. This is going to rule the roost and other compact sedans will be left with just crumbs and left to ogle from the side lines at the success this product is going to muster!

Last edited by Durango Dude : 25th April 2017 at 12:58.
Durango Dude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 13:50   #266
Senior - BHPian

Honestly a good attempt by MSIL. Once launched, this will not only take on the competition but also has the capability to surprise Ciaz ! It may hold several Ciaz buyers with regular Maruti outlet instead of going to Nexa.

Both engine options are excellent and proven with hardly any niggles. I am concerned about just two items

- AMT (there are issues with AMT, may be they could have kept CVT); it seems that they would want to keep CVT to differentiate Baleno (premium product)

- Further reduction in white body weight by about 100 kg. This is worrisome. MSIL does not use materials like Boron-Steel (which is used by VW & Ford) to reduce weight yet increase the strength of the body shell. Baleno does not inspire confidence when driven at high speed (and I am not talking insane speeds). Even at 100- 110 kmph, the light body shell of Baleno starts showing up. This could be another replica of reduced driving confidence at highways where the driver always keeps on looking at the speedometer as the car cannot mask speeds beyond 80 -90 kmph.

I would be cautious with this car and its crash sustaining abilities.

So now MSIL offers AMT, CVT & TC in its mass market lineup ! quite interesting.

Last edited by i74js : 25th April 2017 at 13:54.
Old 25th April 2017, 14:52   #267
BHPian

You know it's strange that we keep saying Baleno is a more premium product than the Dzire, yet it's the Dzire that is the more costly product. Variant to variant, the Dzire is costlier than the Baleno, except for the diesel base variant. Now if the new Dzire is going to be priced even 30K more than the current Dzire, the relevance of Dzire vis a vis the Baleno is only going to go down further. Comparisons of the prices (ex Delhi) of the Baleno to it's equivalent variant of the current Dzire is attached for reference. I wouldn't be surprised if the Zxi AGS variant of the new Dzire is priced more than the Baleno CVT.
Attached Thumbnails
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-screenshot_20170425144201_01.png  

y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 15:41   #268
Senior - BHPian

Very good effort by MSIL. They certainly know how to stay on top. Now, iys just a matter of cross shopping. Where ever you go, which ever segment you touch, Maruti is a prime contender. Alto(Check), Wagon R(Check), Baleno(Check), Swift(Still a Check), Brezza(Check),Ciaz(Check) and now, the new Dzire with all the more Dzirable look(certainly a big check).

With this comprehensive and effective facelift, I have serious doubts if Alto will stay as the No.1 car in India. This is a runaway success written all over. Irrespective of the pricing, there in no denial that Dzire will further consolidate the spot. Its just a matter of if and not when Alto will be relegated to No. 2.

I was in the lookout for a Sedan and Ciaz is a contender. With the comprehensive update, Dzire is back in the reckoning and how. Well Done Maruti. You deserve to be the No.1 company in India.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 15:45   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
You know it's strange that we keep saying Baleno is a more premium product than the Dzire, yet it's the Dzire that is the more costly product. Variant to variant, the Dzire is costlier than the Baleno, except for the diesel base variant.
In India, a sedan (however compact) > a hatchback (however premium).

The car looks marvelous and Maruti seem to have addressed most of its issues starting from the shape of the car

Manufacturers are starting to use the length properly now instead of just sticking a boot to the end of the hatchback. And ABS + Airbags being standard throughout the variants is a welcome move.

Happy that the width of the car is increased as well. Have to wait to see if it translates to increased passenger room at the back.

Is it just me or does the rear look a lot like the Amaze when viewed from the side? Especially the tail lamps.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 25th April 2017 at 15:48.
Old 25th April 2017, 15:45   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Few pictures of new Dzire

source:twitter
This new rounded look (especially the roof area), coupled with the retro-istic front... it keeps reminding me of my childhood in the good ol' Amby!

Did anyone else also recall the amby looking at these pictures?
chaotic is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed