Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2017, 00:40   #61
BHPian

Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Hello people!! This is my first post.
The Dzire or YSDNB as it is known to suppliers, is built on the same platform as Baleno and is the best looking Dzire( which is not saying a lot). I have personally seen this vehicle in near full glory and the vehicle is slated for a Dussehra-Diwali type release this year.
Regarding what's new, well, technically nothing for now till the new 1.5L Diesel will grace this car from 2018. It is not really Swift with a boot.The design is more flowing.And yes, this time the Notch back will lead the Hatchback to the market.
That is as far as I know.
Carma2017 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 05:04   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The Dzire or YSDNB as it is known to suppliers, is built on the same platform as Baleno and is the best looking Dzire( which is not saying a lot). I have personally seen this vehicle in near full glory and the vehicle is slated for a Dussehra-Diwali type release this year.
Regarding what's new, well, technically nothing for now till the new 1.5L Diesel will grace this car from 2018. It is not really Swift with a boot.The design is more flowing.
Seems like you are closely associated with Maruti.

Can you confirm whether Dzire will continue to be a sub-4m car? Also, some clear pics...
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:21   #63
BHPian

I definitely do not have images. But it is a sub 4m car.
I do work with Japanese OEMs. So, have idea about some cars we work with. The Dzire is not a car I have worked on. And anyway Suzuki is too small a fish in Japan.

Last edited by Samurai : 8th March 2017 at 22:30. Reason: typo
Old 22nd January 2017, 11:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Hello people!! This is my first post.
Regarding what's new, well, technically nothing for now till the new 1.5L Diesel will grace this car from 2018. It is not really Swift with a boot.The design is more flowing.And yes, this time the Notch back will lead the Hatchback to the market.
That is as far as I know.
Can you reconfirm on the launch timeline, because as per media reports its the new Swift is expected during the festive season - the DZire on the other hand is being rumored to launch by May. Going by your comment, if the DZire launches during the festive season, then will the 2017 Swift launch next year?
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:40   #65
BHPian

As far as I know, the Hatchback is scheduled later with the Notch back work going ahead with a mid year start of production. Any way Suzuki has Ignis, Dzire, Baleno Turbo along with other cosmetic facelifts lined up for 2017. I don't think they need Swift this year.The closest competition in i10 grand is as long in the tooth as Swift.
Old 7th February 2017, 11:48   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

I received a Whatsapp message from a source of mine who says a few things,
1. New D'zire will be longer than 4 meters.
2. Production for the same has started at Manesar plant now with an impending launch in April/May 2017.
3. Swift will come by festival time, production not yet started.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 12:53   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Even though I think a 4.2m DZire will be the best thing, there should be a sub-4m version as well, IMO. The popularity of DZire is not only because it is a Maruti and a sedan, but it is small enough to drive and park in city like a hatchback.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 15:04   #68
BHPian

It's interesting to understand the strategy Maruti is playing. With the Ciaz set to move to Nexa with bigger engines and bigger price point, it will surely become the C+/D segment offering Maruti always intended to have. The Dzire 4.2 or shall I just say the new Dzire will be the sedan that'll fill the gap between the Baleno and the Ciaz. I'm leaving out the Brezza because it's positioning and competition is different. The Swift and the new Dzire will be the premium offerings at the better side of 10L while the Baleno will continue to be premium but at a lower price point.

Last edited by Porschefire : 10th February 2017 at 15:08.
Old 1st March 2017, 11:50   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I received a Whatsapp message from a source of mine who says a few things,
2. Production for the same has started at Manesar plant now with an impending launch in April/May 2017.
3. Swift will come by festival time, production not yet started.
Cross posting from the other DZire thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4155387

Quote:
I was talking to my wife's cousin, who is the general manager at a leading Maruti showroom in Chennai. According to him, the new DZire is slated for 2017 year end and is sub 4 metres in length. Not sure if I can believe him, since posts in this forum do indicate an April/May launch. But what is perplexing is that if the new DZire is indeed confirmed for an April/May launch, why aren't any test mules being spotted of late?
Old 4th March 2017, 16:50   #70
BHPian

Most of the information from the Dealers will be spot on, so I doubt about the April / May 2017 launch. In my Case, the dealer's suggestion on the pricing and launch month of Baleno RS was bang on target. He had suggested a price of 11 lakhs OTR Bangalore.

OR, probably they might've postponed for clarity on GST, which will come into effect from July 2017 (hope so).

Last edited by jaaz : 4th March 2017 at 17:14.
Old 4th March 2017, 19:43   #71
BHPian

New Dzire would be sub 4m. And it is slated for production start (SOP) within next month or so. Launch is a different story because Maruti slowly Ramps up volumes before launching. They took 3 months or so to stabilize Ignis.
The Dzire test miles have already been spotted on Indian roads. Company people say that Maruti prioritized the Dzire over the Swift due to the threats faced then from Amaze, Zest and Xcent. Now apparently although neither are threats, the ball has rolled too far to change schedules.
Old 4th March 2017, 19:49   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think they need Swift this year.
Do your above quote still hold good ? Information I have is thet the 2017 SWIFT for Europe will launch in June and logically in India it will launch in 2017 Festive season or earlier. Any views?

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th March 2017 at 19:58.
Old 4th March 2017, 21:40   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Do your above quote still hold good ? Information I have is thet the 2017 SWIFT for Europe will launch in June and logically in India it will launch in 2017 Festive season or earlier. Any views?
Do you have any information from your birdies on the DZire? Your birdies in Honda and Tata got of the WRV and Tigor, any such scoops on the new DZire?
Old 4th March 2017, 22:29   #74
BHPian

Yes - it is confirmed to be sub 4m and also will come with the same engines that are currently in vogue. Only design changes
User Carma2017 is right in his views. There have been too many rumours about Dzire, S-cross, Ciaz ...etc. Suzuki will be very happy with the publicity they are getting from speculation. Very good strategy indeed

Quote:
New Dzire would be sub 4m. And it is slated for production start (SOP) within next month or so. Launch is a different story because Maruti slowly Ramps up volumes before launching. They took 3 months or so to stabilize Ignis.
The Dzire test miles have already been spotted on Indian roads. Company people say that Maruti prioritized the Dzire over the Swift due to the threats faced then from Amaze, Zest and Xcent. Now apparently although neither are threats, the ball has rolled too far to change schedules.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 10:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Europe launch of Swift Hatchback will be early as usual. India will be getting it later. Like I said SOP of Dzire is in March-April, followed by ramp up. Launch dates are governed by factors beyond my knowledge. But safe bet is June-October period.
The Swift Hatchback development is lagging behind and SOP is likely to be in November-December period, followed by ramp up. So, I expect an Auto Expo unveiling followed by launch in March 2018. Till that time all the bugs would have been sorted out via international market and Suzuki can then give it's most important product with all glitches sorted out to its most important market.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed