Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:59   #91
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

This would most likely turn out to be the best looking car to carry the DZire nameplate. Its proportions and boot integration are far better than both its predecessors.

In fact, from the pictures at least, it's quite difficult to believe this is a sub-4m compact sedan. There's a hint of Kizashi in that boot design as well. Kudos to Maruti Suzuki's designers on this one!

Last edited by RSR : 22nd March 2017 at 16:01.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:12   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

The only reason why this appears much proportionate is because of the smoother "A pillar to roof "integration. Maruti has tinkered around with the overall design this time, rather than focusing on just the boot.

Maruti can take this car beyond 4m this time, and still gain tax benefits by plonking the SHVS tech IMO. I guess that is their game plan.
Quote:
Why was the SHVS system skipped?

Simple economics. The excise duty on hybrids is 12.5%. The Vitara Brezza is already in the 12% bracket (sub-4 meter and <1.5L diesel).

In the 2016 Budget, the government implemented an 'infrastructure cess'. Citing pollution & traffic concerns, the government has imposed an infrastructure cess of 1% on sub-4 meter petrol, LPG & CNG cars with an engine <1.2 liters, 2.5% on sub-4 meter diesel cars with an engine <1.5 liters and 4% on all other cars (i.e. bigger cars & SUVs).

The Ciaz & Ertiga are over 4 meters in length. Hence, they are eligible for a higher excise slab as well as the 4% infrastructure cess. SHVS brings their excise duty down to 12.50% and also exempts them from this 4% infrastructure cess. An SHVS for the Vitara Brezza would bring lesser $$$ benefits than the cost of the mild hybrid system! This is why you don't see SHVS in any other compact Marutis. Makes economic sense in bigger cars, but not the sub-4 meter ones.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 22nd March 2017 at 16:18.
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:31   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Maruti can take this car beyond 4m .....
This could lead to the next Gen Ciaz, or more sedans planned for the future.

Quote:
the Ciaz sedan will have to be replaced by a new Ciaz or something else. Suzuki has three C-segment cars planned, but that segment is small in India
Quote:
As volume grows in the next three-four years, surely there will be changes, but I don’t see three cars in the space
Link
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:33   #94
BHPian

Definitely a sub-4m Dzire again - very evident from the Ameo-esque straightness of the boot from the side.

The boot loading lip seems to be much lower, this time around, unlike the recent Marutis. While is is good for loading luggage, impact on metal is higher.

I don't think that the car has a rounded roof - the crude cropping of the car using MS paint is making is appear so.

The rear head-room may be impacted due to the sloping roof.

The fact that it is based on the same platform as Baleno is very evident by the amount of boot overhang they have achieved this time around, considering that the rear legroom has improved as well. (same as the new Swift)

Definitely a much better looking Dzire than what is currently in the market.
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:38   #95
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Refreshing front end looks, rear resembling the C-Class, side profile reminding you of the Kizashi and a well proportioned design like the Amaze with Maruti brand name and refreshing interiors equal to super hit.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 19:35   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Gaadiwaadi has come up with a new set of undisguised pics of the same.
This is a photo shopped rendering by someone. It is not an original picture.
How the final production vehicle looks like, remain to be seen,
Old 22nd March 2017, 19:46   #97
Senior - BHPian

Appears like an amalgamation of the Ciaz & the existing Dzire.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 22:15   #98
BHPian

The image I have in my mind of Dzire is that of an ugly duckling. But these pics do say Dzire has improved its looks a lot. But still Tigor, Aspire and Zest look much better that this.
airbender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 22:21   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Expecting ABS+ Dual airbags as standard across all variants
The cost difference between normal variant and option variant with safety kit in the current Gen Swift varies from Rs.7000 to Rs. 15000 ex-showroom, Delhi. So I don't see how just for safety kit it can jump so much.

Maybe the cost of the new Baleno based platform?
Attached Thumbnails
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-screenshot_20170322221908694.jpeg  

Last edited by Ramon : 22nd March 2017 at 22:22.
Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 22:37   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Definitely a sub-4m Dzire again - very evident from the Ameo-esque straightness of the boot from the side.
I think it will be longer than 4m. And that's one reason why it looks far better than ever now.

New 2017 Swift has longer wheelbase. So, the car in those spy photos wouldn't have looked so good if it was less than 4m.

Other reasons:
1) Ciaz is moved to Nexa, so MSIL can accommodate a sedan bigger than 4m in the regular showroom now. Also new DZire might span a wider price range.

2) SHVS benefits offset the small car excise savings. So, there is no need to chop a car to within 4m anymore. Besides, we aren't sure what GST is going to do to the small car excise benefit. You might ask what about the petrol models then. Well, the 2017 Swift Boosterjet just debuted in the UK with SHVS. So, we might see the same for new DZire over here.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 03:41   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I think it will be longer than 4m. And that's one reason why it looks far better than ever now.

New 2017 Swift has longer wheelbase. So, the car in those spy photos wouldn't have looked so good if it was less than 4m.

Other reasons:
1) Ciaz is moved to Nexa, so MSIL can accommodate a sedan bigger than 4m in the regular showroom now. Also new DZire might span a wider price range.

2) SHVS benefits offset the small car excise savings. So, there is no need to chop a car to within 4m anymore. Besides, we aren't sure what GST is going to do to the small car excise benefit. You might ask what about the petrol models then. Well, the 2017 Swift Boosterjet just debuted in the UK with SHVS. So, we might see the same for new DZire over here.
It isn't a 4m+ car like I have already posted on this forum umpteen times. I have seen it in the flesh and recently had a close look at a the interiors as well. The looks marginally better than previous iterations because Suzuki has learnt from Honda and Hyundai that cutting off your engine room size can lead to more space for cabin and boot and hence a better chance of aesthetically integrating the same.
SHVS is strictly for higher end Maruti vehicles like Ciaz and Ertiga.
The GST factor is a real worry factor. You can rest assured Maruti will be heavily pushing the government to maintain it as it is.
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 09:08   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The looks marginally better than previous iterations because Suzuki has learnt from Honda and Hyundai that cutting off your engine room size can lead to more space for cabin and boot and hence a better chance of aesthetically integrating the same.
You are the authority on this if you have seen the new DZire in person already. I am only speculating here based on what we know so far in the public domain.

But what I am not able to get my head around is the fact that Swift got a much longer engine room compared to both Brio and i10. And it is that long high set bonnet which gives the Swift its unique proportions and stance. And based on the pictures and videos so far, that hasn't changed in the 2017 Swift. And that looks to be the case even for the new DZire from pictures posted on the previous page. So, I am not sure how Suzuki got more length to play with for the boot in this new iteration as even the wheelbase has gone up now.

Regarding SHVS, lets wait and watch. The mild hybrid has debuted with both Boosterjet and K12M on the 2017 Swift in the UK. The Diesel option is not available there as of now.
Old 23rd March 2017, 10:06   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
It isn't a 4m+ car like I have already posted on this forum umpteen times. I have seen it in the flesh and recently had a close look at a the interiors as well. The looks marginally better than previous iterations because Suzuki has learnt from Honda and Hyundai that cutting off your engine room size can lead to more space for cabin and boot and hence a better chance of aesthetically integrating the same.
Hi Carma2017, since you've seen the car already, can you let us know if the rear leg room is on par with the Baleno? And is the width same as the 2017 Swift (1695 mm) or more?
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:01   #104
BHPian

I do not know exact dimensions but width seemed similar to current Swift. Rear leg room was slightly better but the interior was overall an improvement.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 13:32   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Rendered image ( by IAB )of the 2017 Dzire!

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-2017marutiswiftdzirerendering.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks