Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2017, 20:42   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Who else thinks that the front grille has close resemblance to HM Ambassador ?
Doesn't suit the smallish profile of this car, front looks too heavy.

That said, the car still looks better than the current Dzire.
Hate those vertical zero position indication in speedo and tacho.
Did anyone note that temperature gauge is missing ? Or has it gone digital like the Fuel Indicator ?

All in all, a better effort. Wish they address the areas where current generation Dzire is weak.

Seems like this new generation Dzire is ready for launch and has entered serial production.

Lets hope for a quick launch. Am expecting some changes in engines, but that a long shot, probably the tuning will be more towards fuel efficiency. The 1248cc Fiat SDE would be the same basic motor that powered first generation Swift, the second generation Swift and now the third generation too !

Edit : I wonder when can we expect better looking wiper arms.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 2nd April 2017 at 20:48.
aaggoswami is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 22:00   #122
Senior - BHPian

I can see only Brake & Accelerator Pedal. And also Auto Gearlever.

Jokes apart, I hope Maruti realizes the true potential of Good Automatic for our ever increasing Traffic. If there is one company that responds/acts fast to customer feedback, it's MARUTI SUZUKI. This is also one of the Hallmark of the company.

What they need to do no matter how much cost would increase is to ditch that AMT for Premium Priced Cars. Yes, 6-8 lakhs isn't a premium price, but when you consider slew of cars Maruti has in its range, it's very evident that Ciaz & Dzire are thier Premium Sedan offerings. The latter has come into picture courtesy of this New 3rd Gen Model.

Maruti, will you offer a Petrol CVT & Diesel Torque Converter this time ? Even Diesel CVT will do fine if you are keen on efficiency.

This new Dzire will definitely be positioned to appeal wide range of buyers. So, Apart from the Proven 1.2 Petrol & 1.3 Diesel, they should also provide option of 1.0 Boosterjet in Regular Avatar (Non RS Type) for a decent premium. It sells or not is a secondary thing, but offering it will widen it's appeal to various kinds of people.

Even though I never liked the Dzire, this one will be on my radar when looking at replacement if it's spacious, has Good Automatic (P & D) and also rattle free cabin.
Old 2nd April 2017, 23:10   #123
BHPian

Overall the car shape seems to be improved. Personally though, I don't know, I feel the grille is overdone with chrome and the interior with the faux wood treatment for my taste. But I'll reserve my judgment till I see this in the flesh.

Last edited by jetti : 2nd April 2017 at 23:36.
Old 3rd April 2017, 10:12   #124
BHPian

Agree - the front looks worse with the extra chrome. I also hate the wooden steering - the swift interiors look much better
Old 3rd April 2017, 10:15   #125
BANNED

So, the difference between hatch and sedan in interior are the 2-tone colour scheme and shape of central AC-vents.
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-img20170402wa0022.jpgCaught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-2018marutiswiftdashboard.jpg

For the front side, I will prefer a more upright grill than the drooping one.
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-image21.jpgCaught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-image21_1.jpg

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd April 2017 at 10:45.
romeomidhun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 10:45   #126
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The interiors of the (international)hatch look much more premium.

Keeping the all black theme aside, the circular AC vents look much better than the square ones. The fake wood insert on the steering looks hideous. A silver or glossy black finish would have been much better. Also, it looks like Maruti has changed the instrument cluster design for India spec cars. The international cluster looks much better in design.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:03   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The interiors of the (international)hatch look much more premium.

Keeping the all black theme aside, the circular AC vents look much better than the square ones. The fake wood insert on the steering looks hideous. A silver or glossy black finish would have been much better. Also, it looks like Maruti has changed the instrument cluster design for India spec cars. The international cluster looks much better in design.
Agreed. The faux wood insert looks hideous. Hope this is not a factory fitment, and can be optioned as an accessory.

Also, the thick chrome outline of the grille doesn't seem too appealing to me. A thinner outline would have been more appealing, or better yet, no chrome outline at all!
V4D3R is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:15   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
So, the difference between hatch and sedan in interior are the 2-tone colour scheme and shape of central AC-vents.
Yes!! There's one more thing you missed out : instrument cluster area. It looks more premium in 2017 Swift

Interested to see if boot space has improved.. Hatch back Baleno has more boot space than the sedan, sorry compact sedan Dzire!!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd April 2017 at 11:17.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:17   #129
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
Also, the thick chrome outline of the grille doesn't seem too appealing to me. A thinner outline would have been more appealing, or better yet, no chrome outline at all!
Yes, I forgot to mention that part. Instead of the thick chrome grill surround, they should have gone for horizontal chrome slats, just like the Aspire.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:26   #130
BHPian

IMO this is the first Dzire that looks good!!

But that Chrome grill is overdone; Thinner chrome would have looked better.

I can understand giving some beige treatment to the car to make it appear roomier, but this is too much beige in the car; looks like the entire door pad is beige. At least the Door sill and carpet area should have got a black/dark grey treatment.

The rear is a mix of Ciaz and Kizashi.

I'm sure this will do even better than the current Dzire in numbers, once launched. This may even result in more conversions from Swift to Dzire within the MS customers.
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:27   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Who else thinks that the front grille has close resemblance to HM Ambassador ?
Doesn't suit the smallish profile of this car, front looks too heavy.
I think the grille looks very similar to the 2017 Fiesta hatchback which debuted a few months back.

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-images.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:30   #132
Senior - BHPian

Is this just me or the front looks rather hideous with that thick chrome lip all around. Design seems to be slightly influenced by Ciaz but not in a good way. Back looks more acceptable and rounded than before.

All things apart it will continue to sell crazy numbers.
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:39   #133

Any news on whether the automatic spotted in the India-spec model's pictures is the 4-speed CVT from the Baleno, or the 6-speed automatic?

Also, I noticed that the steering wheel controls have a lot of buttons missing, especially on the right side. In my opinion, it gives the steering an unbalanced, or asymmetrical look. Were the additional buttons on the Euro-spec car for Cruise Control?

It would be nice if Maruti Suzuki could consider launching Diesel versions of their cars with the 89BHP version of the 1.3 Litre Diesel engine with 'RS' badging. I feel that there is a market for quick diesel hatches/sub-compact sedans, and this is an untapped area waiting to be properly exploited. It would not be inconceivable to see Diesel RS versions of the Ignis, Swift, Dzire, and Baleno.
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:24   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Overall car looks more proportionate now.
It also brings picture of ambassador in my mind
So true mate! even I somehow could draw parallels to the HM Ambassador! At least the front reminds one of the good old Amby!

Maruti seems to be finally bringing some symmetry to its designs!
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:36   #135
BHPian

This Post should put the speculation about SHVS or not to an end.

Pretty sure now, with present version of SHVS, which is, or should I say, was there to take that loophole for benefit, is now out of the window.

Will this effect launch Window in anyway ?

At least the last few company yard pictures didn't show SHVS badge in back, so may be Maruti, internally was aware about his new change of policy hence DZire without SHVS and CIAZ to Nexa movement for the price increase (as without that benefit)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks