Team-BHP - Mini Cooper S Carbon edition on Amazon India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mini Cooper S Carbon edition on Amazon India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/181170-mini-cooper-s-carbon-edition-amazon-india.html)

Mini cooper S carbon edition has been launched through Amazon India. Around 20 units of this fastest, loudest and powerful car is available to be booked only through the Amazon's Indian website. Some more information of the car :
1. 210 horsepower at 4500-6000 rpm and 300 Nm torque at 1250-4500 rpm
2. John Cooper Works tuning kit with the Bluetooth controller controlling the exhaust valve for an extra sporty sound, coupled with carbon fiber exhaust tips
3. Electronic damper control allows for varied suspension settings which can be changed dependent on driving terrain and driving style
4. The MINI head-up display provides all driver orientated information directly in your line of sight
5. MINI sport automatic transmission allows smoother, faster shifts with the added benefit of paddle shifters on the JCW steering wheel

Car is available in 3 colors Midnight Black, Thunder Grey & Pepper White and comes in two models, Base model (ex-showroom price: 39.9 Lac) and Model with Wired Package (ex-showroom price: 41.5 Lac). Booking can be done by paying 50,000 rs .

Source : Amazon.
Link : Mini Cooper
Booking Link : Cooper Bangalore

Few Pics :

Personally, I think the car looks smashing, its price notwithstanding.

However, what is the value to booking this through Amazon? Seems no more than a fad of doing everything online. I think a similar topic has been discussed before - the major discussion being around value to booking through online portals. The only logical point I extracted from that discussion was that in some cases, there were discounts available on off-the-shelf insurance.

Call me a traditionalist, but I'd rather feel the product, negotiate in person and then book the car. Looks like in this case, the car isn't even available for in-person booking!!

PS: BTW, its a very nice way on Amazon's behalf to position itself as a cool, fashion conscious brand. Its the fastest growing category and this is nice brand building exercise by Amazon.

This is a great collaboration! I am a big fan of online shopping and am waiting for the day we can buy luxury cars at big discounts on big day sales. This is a good step in that direction minus any discounting. The price infacts seems a bit too high as the regular cooper S costs 32 ex showroom. They have made a smart move by launching a limited edition so not disrupt regular model sales. However an online shopper is always looking for a deal and if car makers want to use this platform effectively they must learn to pass on all their back end margins such as corporate discounts, dealer margins and incentive to the online portal and give them a chance to disrupt the traditional car sale trade.
Dealers might run out of business if car makers directly start selling to customers and allow them to get door delivery and do self registration and insurance. Better yet the portals could execute registration and insurance via agents. Olx and others do provide such services for used cars.
However, this disruption can bring luxury cars to buyers than might not consider it because they are unaware of the discounts possible. Most non luxury car buyers who are not car nuts find it intemedating to buy luxury cars even though they can afford it. Most of these kind of buyers do not think it is possible to get it discounts on luxury cars.
To help protect the dealers, car makers can sell just the overstocked phasing out models to clear inventory when a facelift or new generation is being launched.
I hope BMW is listening they need to do something disruptive to stay in the game with their poor sales.

Delhi, Chennai & Hyderabad are already sold out, count me in as one buyer if all goes well:)

Quote:

The price infacts seems a bit too high as the regular cooper S costs 32 ex showroom
If we consider base price of S @ 31,5 and add some of the options which are standard on this edition, we are looking at around 36 Lac and then add all the JCW options most of which are not offered as an option. I am not aware of discounts on new Mini's but when compared with basic Ex-Showroom prices these prices looks good to me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-cooper-s.html

Quote:

However an online shopper is always looking for a deal and if car makers want to use this platform effectively they must learn to pass on all their back end margins such as corporate discounts, dealer margins and incentive to the online porta
Yes, there is a great potential but it's probably not happening anywhere in the world or at least I am not aware. Discounted / nonmovers/ older generation models are normally sold in bulk to their dealers internally and then they sell in the market after haggling.

Let me see if they allocate Black color with the wired package, else will get canceled.

Downloaded specs of 2 versions they have imported, it appears the wired package does get Harman sound as well, pdf enclosed :)

VIN Data - https://www.zauba.com/import-cooper-mini-hs-code.html
VIN Query - http://bimmer.work/query.php

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4081154)
Delhi, Chennai & Hyderabad are already sold out, count me in as one buyer if all goes well:)

Let me see if they allocate Black colour with wired package, else will get cancelled.

Congrats!! You are on quite a car buying spree and exclusively to BMW. Truely you are their friend in need and a friend indeed :p As you have become more of a Bmw loyalist since the time their market share has been dropping

Do take us through the process once completed.
Did you get the credit card cash back offer? :

I do agree that selling cars online doesn't happen anywhere in the world currently at this scale but the Indian Ecommerce platform is booming and brands can benefit greatly in a short time by acquiring new customers who haven't been exposed to the brand. Moreover investor funds are at their disposal to sell the product at headline making and breaking news yelling prices.

Firstly,the main purpose of routing the booking online is data capture. Typical dealerships are not very tuned to capture in bound customer information. It depends on how well data is captured in a form and then entered into the dealer/brand's software.

Secondly, for brands like Mini which have a thin dealership network, its better to offer the reach of booking through a portal like Amazon.

Lastly, there is no need to develop a dedicated India specific website - rather put all the required info on the market place like Amazon and allow the customer to experience whatever they can online before they visit the showroom. Booking amount also gets directly into the brand's pocket without having to get it routed through a dealer.

Once booking done, the dealer can focus on follow ups and arranging test drives etc in a focussed manner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4081154)
count me in as one buyer if all goes well:)

Great, congrats. This looks amazing, and dare I say hides a bit of that bulk the "MINI" has acquired lately. I'll pre-order it from you right now for taking it off your hands 2-3 years down the line, if you do go in that direction. :P

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Went for Test Drive yesterday, they have one of S versions with JCW Power Kit as a Demo car. I must say this is one of best 4 cylinder sound or I will say even better than stock M4/M5. Sound gets only better ( deeper) as you drive perhaps after exhausts get heated. Bluetooth operated exhausts work perfect and one can switch off additional noise on long drives.

Quote:

The price infacts seems a bit too high as the regular cooper S costs 32 ex showroom
Did some calculations on the standard one, it will be over 50 Lac if we add all the options they are giving standard on this. JCW Body Kit costs around 5,25 Lac and JCW Tuning Kit around 2,5 Lac. Then add all regular extras like JCW Steering wheels, Head-up, Sorts Transmission, 17 Inch wheels etc. Even after paying for these extra's JCW Sports seats cannot be ordered on standard :)

They have allocated black one with the wired package but cars are still in transit. If everything goes well I will get this by November end or Early December.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4082984)
They have allocated black one with the wired package but cars are still in transit. If everything goes well I will get this by November end or Early December.

I hope you are already enjoying the lil beast. Any updates? (Pics if you don't mind please) Also, any idea if the allotted 20 kits already exhausted? Thanks in advance.

Quote:

I hope you are already enjoying the lil beast. Any updates?
Sorry, I didn't buy this. You will need to check with MINI Dealership on current stocks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4165538)
Sorry, I didn't buy this. You will need to check with MINI Dealership on current stocks.

Did anyone actually buy these cars? I heard from one of the dealers that they are about to sell these now.

Thanks

Quote:

I heard from one of the dealers that they are about to sell these now.
From my last interaction with SA last year, all of these were sold. Don't know if it was correct or not. But they had very limited imports at that time. Are you being offered a 2016 Model or 2017? JCW additions are possible across a wide range but this particular variant had a lot of other options. One advice, you should spend a lot of time in this car, an extended drive or perhaps just sit in the car and do it more than once. This car has huge novelty appeal but it wears off equally fast and double check ride on some broken patches. For me, turning point was overall mis-match with my built more than anything else :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4254638)
From my last interaction with SA last year, all of these were sold. Don't know if it was correct or not. But they had very limited imports at that time. Are you being offered a 2016 Model or 2017? JCW additions are possible across a wide range but this particular variant had a lot of other options. One advice, you should spend a lot of time in this car, an extended drive or perhaps just sit in the car and do it more than once. This car has huge novelty appeal but it wears off equally fast and double check ride on some broken patches. For me, turning point was overall mis-match with my built more than anything else :)

There is a mismatch with my build as well. But the drivers seat is extremely comfortable. I drove it for about an hour and it seems to have decent ground clearance. And I also took it on my regular driving route. Like I said, the head is rebelling against my choice but the heart is tugging me that way.