Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2017, 21:30   #16
BANNED

Re: Mitsubishi imports 2 Outlanders; launch coming up?

The launch is indeed around the corner. This pic was from a dealer preview where it was displayed.

The estimated price is 28-30 lac ex-showroom.
Old 26th May 2017, 22:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Petrol engine, CBU and overpriced, Mitsubishi truly doesn't care about the Indian market. It was pretty evident when they launched the ageing Montero for 70-odd lacs ex-showroom. They really need to take a good look around and take note of where the world is at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Two units!!! That should take care of their next year's sales projection í*½í¸

It might be off topic in general, but an apt post for this: a Mitsubishi showroom next to my home recently closed and opened a Patanjali super store in its place. Surely the owner knows what sells more ...

A brand that killed Pajero can do just anything. What's wrong with these people.
justwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 23:36   #18
BHPian

Was staring and admiring an Outlander just a few hours back while stuck in the crazy traffic on Mumbai's Western Express Highway. The clean looks of the previous gen car in India was such a delight. Can't say the same about the new car to be launched. Additionally the petrol engine and the exorbitant pricing expected - such a shame. I remember Mitsubishi being such an aspirational product while growing up - used to love the Lancer. The car had reliability issues but was still desirable. Mitsubishi somehow managed to kill the brand in India
epuneet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 00:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epuneet View Post
Was staring and admiring an Outlander just a few hours back while stuck in the crazy traffic on Mumbai's Western Express Highway. The clean looks of the previous gen car in India was such a delight. Can't say the same about the new car to be launched. Additionally the petrol engine and the exorbitant pricing expected - such a shame. I remember Mitsubishi being such an aspirational product while growing up - used to love the Lancer. The car had reliability issues but was still desirable. Mitsubishi somehow managed to kill the brand in India
I agree completely, the previous gen model had a certain charm of its own. It had the handsome Lancer Evo inspired face and but I was particularly a fan of the tail lights that had the individual bulbs for the brake lights.
Porcupine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 01:00   #20
BHPian

1st, Mitsubishi people are late by a few years, with their products. (Eg. Pajero Sport newer model has been in the market for around 2 years now, internationally)
2nd, they badly over-price their products. (You cant price a Montero at 70 odd lakhs, with the competition you have)
3rd, They don't bring the products that would be fast movers for them (Eg. Lancer - A legend that lots of petrol-heads aspire, is stopped and B/B+ segment cars never make it to India)
4th, When Outlander was launched in 2008, it was priced close to the CR-V, slightly cheaper maybe, yet people opted for CR-V with a dated design, because everyone was aware of the amount of time a Mitsu spare takes to be delivered.(Which are relatively costlier as well).
5th, A thin dealer/even poorer service network.
The hardcore fans would still aspire for it, but with strong competition from other companies and all the demerits listed out above, is it wise for the company to stay back and launch products.
I personally don't want them to leave, but given all that they're doing at the moment, GM seems to be far more mature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks