Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2016, 03:51   #1
BHPian

Mitsubishi imports 2 Outlanders; launch coming up?

Mitsubishi is finally ready to bring back the Outlander to the Indian market. Couple units of the GLX 4WD 7-seater variant have been imported for certification.

Mitsubishi imports 2 Outlanders; launch coming up?-capture.jpg

GLX 4WD is powered by a 2.4L MIVEC petrol engine capable of 165 BHP@6000 RPM and 222Nm@4100 RPM of torque. Power is delivered to all wheels via a CVT gearbox. 0-100 km/h completed in 10.2 seconds with a top speed of 198 km/h.

Mitsubishi imports 2 Outlanders; launch coming up?-mainvis_01.jpg

Outlander receives an electronically controlled 4WD in conjunction with an active stability control system. On the safety front, it gets ABS, EBD and a total of 7 airbags. It remains to be seen what other optional features does Mitsubishi bring in to the Indian version.

Disappointing to see that Mitsubishi has chosen not to bring in the globally successful Plug-in Hybrid variant (Outlander PHEV) to India.

Source: Zauba
Brochure: Mitsubishi Outlander
Senna4Ever is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 07:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Mitsubishi imports 2 Outlanders; launch coming up?

Another dead on arrival car from Mitsubushi.
This will be priced upwards of 20L with a petrol engine. With little service and dealer support, it may not find many takers.
Old 25th October 2016, 14:54   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mitsubishi imports 2 Outlanders; launch coming up?

I used to love the old Outlander. It looked great and drove very well. I am sure this will be good to drive too. However, I am not so sure about the look of the vehicle. I'm not a fan of the "Dynamic Shield" front end that we have seen on the new Pajero as well. All that chrome is just too garish.

Of course, since only the petrol version is likely to be launched in India, it will sell in very small numbers. And anyway, Mitsubishi does not have a widespread service network like its old rival, Honda. I don't expect the price to be under Rs. 25 lakh, which is very close to the much larger Pajero Sport. This means Mitsubishi will really have it work cut out trying to move this one. Unless one really wants a small, petrol-powered SUV, there is no reason to consider the Outlander.

Mitsubishi had it all nicely set up with the Lancer, Cedia, Pajero, Outlander and Montero. They just lost their way due to their partner's (HM) incompetence and their own financial problems. Don't know if they will ever be able to draw customers to their showrooms again.
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 15:15   #4
BHPian

I really can't understand the fact that Mitsubishi never learns the lesson. Whats the point in launching the outlander again with only a petrol engine? There are too many well established players with really good diesel engines. This will be yet another failure form them.
Old 26th October 2016, 07:34   #5
Team-BHP Support

Maybe it is a way for Mitsubishi to re-establish its brand. With access to the Renault Nissan Alliance facilities, they might be able to introduce more smaller cars. Just a guess!
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 08:06   #6
Team-BHP Support

With stupid rules imposed by Govt on diesel cars, few guys might just go ahead and get themselves an Outlander.

I just so want Mitsubishi India to do well, the products are competent, it is just the design which is a put-off. As said by ajmat, hope the Nissan-Mitsubishi tie up will give a boost their sales and that they start to take the Indian market more seriously.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 09:10   #7
BHPian

I wish they up the game and bring in the latest gen lancers. I used to own the cedia and it was just superb. Very reliable car to boot. Now, with Nissan getting a controlling interest, I hope they will get more aggressive and ditch HM
Old 26th October 2016, 09:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Another non starter by Mitsubishi. Outlander never sold in India as it should have because of unrealisitc price. RVR (ASX) could hae been better option. They could bring new Attrage and Mirage to take a slice of cake that Ameo & Kwid are already taking.
Distant dream, but sure-fire will be to bring New Lancer. With 140+ bhp and new looks, Lancer will definitely take off. Lot of potential Jetta / Octavia / Civic / Linea buyers will be sure customers.
Old 26th May 2017, 15:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander - India launch later this year

Mitsubishi is reportedly planning to reintroduce the Outlander SUV in the Indian market, this time in its third-gen avatar. An official announcement about the launch is still awaited, though the SUV is said to be on display at some Mitsubishi dealerships across India.

Source: Autocar India

Mitsubishi imports 2 Outlanders; launch coming up?-0_468_700_httpcdni.autocarindia.comextraimages20170526122746_outy_main.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 26th May 2017 at 15:22.
dZired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 15:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

This statement is coming from one of the most Hardcore Mitsubishi Followers in India.

You are not getting my money with Hindustan Motors as your partner. You are not getting my money unless you treat India as an important market either.

Until then, be content with selling a thousand or two units a year with hefty profit margins.
Old 26th May 2017, 15:48   #11
BHPian

The front looks like a very expensive cheese grater. What wrong with all these so called designers? suits the saying.. "Karma Karma"
Old 26th May 2017, 15:52   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You are not getting my money unless you treat India as an important market either.
I don't think HM has any say in Mitsubishi any longer, this must be due to Mr. Carlos Ghosn, Chairman Renault/ Nissan Motor Co Ltd, and also of Mitsubishi Motors Corp.
He must be seeing Fortuner & Endeavour numbers

From his interview with Autocar:

So, Mitsubishi could use it and you could go all the way up and bring the Lancer back, for example?

Yes, but Mitsubishi has so many opportunities to grow that its management will have to prioritise what they are going to do first, second and third. I cannot tell you in what timeframe this will happen, but undoubtedly this is a very big market for the future for any carmaker and for Mitsubishi in particular.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...hi-404403.aspx

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th May 2017 at 15:55.
Old 26th May 2017, 16:10   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJITHAAA View Post
The front looks like a very expensive cheese grater. What wrong with all these so called designers? suits the saying.. "Karma Karma"
hahaha... cheese grater!!

India loves Mitsubishi... A one-sided love affair sadly.

I drive the PS and am totally in love with it.

I drove their piece-of-crap montero demo car. it was in such a bad shape that i told the salesperson to stop giving test drives on it as it would on the contrary make people hate the otherwise good SUV.

cant wait for them to come back to india full fledged without HM pulling them back this time!!

Last edited by abhinavsureka : 26th May 2017 at 16:11. Reason: typo
Old 26th May 2017, 18:19   #14
BHPian

Petrol engine, CBU and overpriced, Mitsubishi truly doesn't care about the Indian market. It was pretty evident when they launched the ageing Montero for 70-odd lacs ex-showroom. They really need to take a good look around and take note of where the world is at the moment.
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 18:29   #15
BHPian

Two units!!! That should take care of their next year's sales projection ��
octane_100 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks