Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2006, 11:12   #1
BHPian

Aveo hatch?

The other day, I was driving home from work at around 8PM on Tulsi Pipe road. Bumper to bumper traffic. As usual I was twisting and turning my way ahead, when I cam up to two cars, moving in tandem. Both had stickers covering the name plates and with badly lit streets, I could not be sure of the names, could just vaguely make out "Aveo" on one's back. But both were hatchbacks. The one in front was perhaps a Spark, but it too had stickers all over.
The cars had Gujarat number plates. The cars were moving together, and even if traffic allowed, they never parted company. I jostled a bit but couldn't see the front of the Aveo. The two cars continued togther all the way up the WE Highway, and remained together like Siamese twins until I left the highway for Malad subway.
Has anyone else seen these cars? They were obviously in testing but I do not have a camera phone, so got no evidence.
Old 16th October 2006, 11:18   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey Prabuddhadg what you a saw was indeed the aveo hatch also called aveo U-VA by chevrolet.

It is scheduled for launce at the end of the year with a 1.2litre engine.

You can find more details here:

http://chevrolet.co.in/content_data/.../aveo_uva.html
Old 1st December 2006, 16:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi All ,

I heard Aveo UVA is finally ready to roll out in couple of weeks. Here is the url for it. It is supposed to be very spacious inside bigger than getz/swift/palio.

Chevrolet

is the URL to preview it. very nice preview for sure, Pricing is less but still I feel if its 30K lesser than what it is right now in the website then it should give very good competition to downsliding Swift.

Why I said downsliding Swift because its sales are decreasing month by month now since its over 18 months old car and its inside story is known to all. So people realized swift is good only in terms of pricing and looks

Regards,

Ravi.

Ps: Mods you may rename this thread so members can discuss about Aveo UVA hatch prelaunch.
Old 1st December 2006, 16:24   #4
BHPian

Any problem with Maruti vehicles?

I think Swift has every thing which needs to be required in a car to be successful- Speed, handling, looks what else u need in a car?
Old 1st December 2006, 16:37   #5
BHPian

Yeah, Must be UV-A. As per ACI Spark will come later next year. UV-A will strike the roads very soon now.
Old 1st December 2006, 16:40   #6
Team-BHP Support

1.2L 76BHP
Starts at 400,000 for base model(no power windows) with HVAC and Power steering
LS with power windows is for 430,000, LT with tacho, foglamps and mp3 system is 470,000 with high end with ABS being for almost 5L
One more to join Swift/Getz party.
Old 1st December 2006, 17:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

This hatch in on test in Chennai as well. Its all stickered up. Looks more like Aveo and some lines of the Optra. Interiors look plush as well. One department they may suffer is the service. Very few service centers in the South. Maruti and Hyundai have winner and runner up in the Swift and the Getz respectively.
Old 1st December 2006, 17:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
I think Swift has every thing which needs to be required in a car to be successful- Speed, handling, looks what else u need in a car?
True. But it could do with a little more solid build. The competition -- Getz and Palio mostly -- are built way more solid.
Old 1st December 2006, 18:03   #9
BANNED

Aveo is a good car. Could be made a bit more cheaper and the minor issues the current car has to be sorted out. GM should bring out an absolutely trouble free and cheaper to maintain cars.
Hope the UVA hatchback will be something like that!

I would like to see the new Baleno coming in it's Hatchback version. That'll be something. Check this. There's a thread on New Baleno right?

Last edited by speedzak : 1st December 2006 at 18:05.
Old 1st December 2006, 18:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I would like to see the new Baleno coming in it's Hatchback version. That'll be something. Check this. There's a thread on New Baleno right?
Another hot hatch from Maruti?? I guess MUL should think about it only after the sales of new Baleno matures and the Swift saturates on the product life cycle.
Old 1st December 2006, 18:45   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Another hot hatch from Maruti?? I guess MUL should think about it only after the sales of new Baleno matures and the Swift saturates on the product life cycle.
Arrey!!! Naho yaar! This car is not yet stated for production. That was just a wish.

The UVA hatch will find some takers as the big hatch fever is slowly building up in our country. The Aveo needs to change their promos too. Please! don't make Rani and Saif act as dumb & dumber!!
Old 1st December 2006, 19:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Arrey!!! Naho yaar! This car is not yet stated for production. That was just a wish.
The UVA hatch will find some takers as the big hatch fever is slowly building up in our country. The Aveo needs to change their promos too.
Zak, I knew that. The big hatch will not have all the benefits of a traditional hatch. The swift is a only a foot or so shorter than the Esteem. Its very difficult for short drivers like me to reverse the car specially at night. But I found the car to be more comfortable to drive and travel compared to the Esteem.The underthigh support on the seat left me amazed.

As you mentioned, Aveo desparately needs an image boost. The car is also cramped compared to the Swift. My heavily built friend and a bhpian had difficulty in exiting the car after a test drive. He took to the swift like fish to water.
Old 1st December 2006, 22:34   #13
BHPian

spotted aveo uva

hi guys,
i saw a purple coloured uva on my way to office in delhi from gurgaon. it looked great with a nice back. surprisingly no chequered stickers or the camoflage gimmiks.
Old 1st December 2006, 23:29   #14
Team-BHP Support

@ speedzak: Its the suzuki SX4... And not the baleno hatch... Please correct me if wrong... Although new Baleno is based on the SX4, the SX4 still is a cross-over SUV, and even sports 4x4, right???

@ Ravibhat: Can you prove with figures that Swift is not selling??? Industry sources and mags give around sales of 5k every month, and it hasnt fallen much till now... Its still sells 5-6 times over the Getz...
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

I heard Aveo even in USA has few problems and same can be expected here too, but hope GM will fix such issues in this version.

==

Regarding Swift I don't want to hurt anyone, but If we take overall aspects its good car I used it for 9 months, but what I found and realized about Swift is :

1. Maruti service is becoming bad day by day (They only agreed this because of huge sales lot of rush every day for servicing, so more chances of mechanics doing mistakes.)

2. I had problems with maruti 2 out of 3 times I visited their service centres from last 1 year. I caught them red hand with their mistakes and made them apologize immediately, I even called MUL regional office in front of mechanics and made them take a lesson how to service cars. My issue
was oil leak after 3rd service, they put different packing/lining after they changed engine oil. When myself and my freind who baught my swift visited the service centre they fixed it in 30 min.

3. Swift sells like hot cake still with big discounts and I can see it has good resale value because my vxi with lot of accessories on road price 5.4 lacs sold out for 4.25.

4. Swift has lot of design flaws, one or other issues, few owners will see it from the day 1 they baught it and few will see after sometime and the way person find and treats the issue is different.

5. Being CEO of the company I take every aspect carefully and with soft heart, I never make anyone feel sad. So If Swift owners get hurt don't feel bad, Its good car but it has more issues than Pailo and Getz.

Its just price and look which will tempt Swift. Considering all other maruti cars Swift is good one may be

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks