Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 20:43   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India

Though I'd obviously like to see the Compass priced between 18 - 25 lakhs, like a few members have mentioned, this level of quality and finish, engine options, etc. are not something we are likely to see come at under ~27-30 Lakhs.

Or localisation may bring down the quality? Going to wait and see what unfolds in the FCA house, like the others here.

Last edited by k_ajay : 17th April 2017 at 20:44.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 23:31   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Excellent little video clip there!
Thanks for sharing it.
You're welcome mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It is not comparable at all, by any means, to the XUV, Creta and the likes of those.
Clearly it is a segment or two above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I got a oral confirmation from Jeep Kochi that prices will be in the range of 17 to 28 Lacs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post

Anything below 30 OTR would be a pleasant surprise and if it is less than 25 then many would upgrade to the Compass especially the owners of top end AWD models of XUV, Duster, Creta and the likes. My bet is on 35+ OTR for top 4x4 trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Though I'd obviously like to see the Compass priced between 18 - 25 lakhs, like a few members have mentioned, this level of quality and finish, engine options, etc. are not something we are likely to see come at under ~27-30 Lakhs.
No matter how hard I try to convince myself that Jeep will price it aggressively, reality does come as a shocker!

The ex-showroom and on-road prices (Kochi) for the top end models of best sellers in the projected price bracket is as follows

Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-c.jpg

If the spec sheets and Mr Flynn's comments are anything to go by, I think it's safe to say that the Compass isn't exactly going to be cheap. Then again, surprise us Jeep!!
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 07:51   #333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post

Wow!! It's incredible as the ex showroom price increases up the chain from 15 lac to 31 lac, how significantly the absolute difference is between the on road to ex showroom prices. Buying a decently premium car is truly an eye watering experience nowadays.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 14:52   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I got a oral confirmation from Jeep Kochi that prices will be in the range of 17 to 28 Lacs; which more or less ties with your prediction of 34 Lacs on road.
I can second this. The Mumbai dealer also gave a verbal figure of 28 Lac for the Compass top end, and said the test drives would start sometime in August. One can pre-book for an amount of 1 Lac.
Old 19th April 2017, 18:42   #335
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Wow!! It's incredible as the ex showroom price increases up the chain from 15 lac to 31 lac, how significantly the absolute difference is between the on road to ex showroom prices. Buying a decently premium car is truly an eye watering experience nowadays.

Ha ha! Eye watering prices indeed! For a mouth watering vehicle!
It is true that the taxes and levies are killing.
But how can this be helped? India is not at all geared in terms of infra, to be a car based transportation system at all.
Either infra has to improve OR taxes have to act as a deterrent to buying new vehicles. Yet the manufacturing economy has to grow and so does consumption as well.
How to manage all these challenges simultaneously?
The prices of all vehicles have gone so far up as to now be in the stratosphere pretty much!
Old 19th April 2017, 19:49   #336
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
I can second this. The Mumbai dealer also gave a verbal figure of 28 Lac for the Compass top end, and said the test drives would start sometime in August. One can pre-book for an amount of 1 Lac.

Keep in mind that this top spec quote is not a Trail Hawk or for that matter even an automatic. It's the top end manual diesel trim. At 28 lakhs ex showroom , that price shoots past the Tucson GLS( no comparison) and dangerously close to the Endy and Fortuner in top Spec

Mod Note: Our Compass Report has been taken live at this link (Jeep Compass : Official Review). Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2017 at 15:06. Reason: Linking to review
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks