Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 17:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Launch by May'17 - Bookings open!

Source

Quote:
Rushlane has learnt that the bookings for Jeep Compass are now open at authorized dealerships in India against an advance payment of INR 1 lakh. This amount is fully refundable in case you decide to not buy the car once launched. Launch is scheduled for May 2017, with an ex-showroom price range of INR 20 – 30 lakh.
Quote:
Based on the Renegade’s platform, the new Compass will be powered by a 2.0-litre petrol and 2.0-litre diesel engine. The petrol option will deliver 160 hp while the diesel will deliver 170 hp. Transmission option on offer for Indian market will most likely be a 9 speed auto. Higher variants will be offered with a 4×4 system. Like every other Jeep, the new model would be boasting of above par off-road capabilities.

New Compass is the first made-in-India Jeep. To keep prices low, localization level of over 90% will be achieved. Once launched, it will compete with the likes of Honda CR-V, Toyota Fortuner, Hyundai Tucson.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 22:21   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

If the Jeep Compass in its Top Spec 4x4 avatar is priced at around 30 lakh ex showroom this means it will easily hit 35-37 lacs on the Road especially in Bangalore.
This places it at a higher price than the Fortuner...I wonder how many takers there will be at this price.

Now on the other hand if it hits the road Bangalore at about 30 lacs then it will get snapped up rather quickly indeed, as per me!
Old 9th February 2017, 03:54   #78
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass Launch by May'17 - Bookings open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Fortuner.
Enthusiasts might compare this to the Fortuner due to the offroading ability, but I believe the market won't. Main reasons being size and third row availability.

Primary competition (in sales) to the Jeep Compass will be the Hyundai Tucson with which it would share similar dimensions.

I feel Jeep should just forget about the Fortuner and try and price the 2WD Compass bang against the Tucson, with the 4WD variants demanding the required premium over it. Thankfully, Hyundai has gone ahead and overpriced the Tucson to give the newcomer some breathing space.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th February 2017 at 03:56.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 09:30   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Enthusiasts might compare this to the Fortuner due to the offroading ability, but I believe the market won't. Main reasons being size and third row availability.

Primary competition (in sales) to the Jeep Compass will be the Hyundai Tucson with which it would share similar dimensions.

I feel Jeep should just forget about the Fortuner and try and price the 2WD Compass bang against the Tucson, with the 4WD variants demanding the required premium over it. Thankfully, Hyundai has gone ahead and overpriced the Tucson to give the newcomer some breathing space.
Completely agreed. Nowhere will the market compare it with Fortuner/Endeavour. Their sheer size is what people pay large bucks for.

If FCA wants to get hold of indian market with thier JEEP brand, they need to price the products sensibly.

As we have seen with FIAT cars, competent products do not necessarily turn into good sales. Market dynamics have to be taken into account.
Old 9th February 2017, 09:53   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Absolutely agree to it. Irrespective of what it can do offroad, only 1% use that hardware. Jeep should seriously concentrate on pricing it right if they want any sort of decent volumes. Having seen the car up close in traffic, it is similar to Creta in Size. No way people would shell out 30 lakhs even if its loaded to the gills.

They ought to have more engine options, Have the Tjet with 140/150 bhp and 1.6 MJD engine options on a manual gearbox, these would not be under-powered for the size on offer. 2 litre engines should go on the top spec variants. More options covers more bases. Start the prices around Creta mid variants and go up to 23 or 24 lakhs for the top spec auto with all the hardware. There will be takers at this price.

But pricing it in the Fortuner territory, it would be another demo of shooting your foot
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 13:32   #81
BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India

Bookings open for the Compass!

It is confirmed that the Compass can now be pre-booked from the Jeep (Fiat) showrooms in India.
Read an article online where it said that the Compass can be booked for a refundable amount of Rs. 1 lac, so spoke a Jeep official about this to confirm.
A sales executive of Jeep confirmed that bookings are open and the SUV is going to hit the market within the next 2-3 months.

There have been a few bookings across the country already.
Test drives will be available during that time and of course, preferences will be given to those who have pre-booked the SUV.

Also, the sales executives are not giving any information about the SUV regards to pricing. All I could get is that it will be launched with petrol and diesel options with 4WD on higher variants and will be available in manual and automatic transmissions.

Cheers,
Luv.

Last edited by Luv_Jaiswal : 9th February 2017 at 13:39.
Luv_Jaiswal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 17:39   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Received info from my sources that the top variant of the Jeep Compass will be close to the Rs 25 lakh-mark (ex-showroom Delhi) but not over it.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:11   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Jaiswal View Post
Bookings open for the Compass!
Both are untrue. Statement from FCA:

Quote:
We understand that we have had a good number of enquiries already at our Jeep Destination Stores and customers are already wanting to make a booking, though we have not yet officially announced the opening of bookings for our SUV.

We are undoubtedly in an exciting phase as we are gearing up to launch India’s first locally-manufactured Jeep SUV. The Made-in-India Jeep Compass will roll out of our Ranjangaon facility near Pune. To put speculation to rest, we would like to reiterate that we will launch the Jeep Compass in the third quarter of CY 2017 and bookings will be officially announced closer to the launch.”
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:39   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Poor Jeep dealers trying to pay their rents by collecting advances from potential customers as existing models aren't exactly flying off the showrooms.
4x4addict is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 06:39   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Now this is some serious problem with the dealers and communication between the dealers and the management.
I thought so that the bookings for the Compass would not open in a way that is so discrete and quiet. I was expecting an official email from Jeep India since I made sure of the fact that I am subscribed to them about the updates too. Because of this, I called up the sales exec myself to confirm and they even agreed.
I wonder how did the management let this happen? Bookings haven't opened yet and dealers are already taking bookings? Surprising and shocking, to be honest. As a potential buyer I guess I am faced with my first serious reconsideration
Old 10th February 2017, 10:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:
we would like to reiterate that we will launch the Jeep Compass in the third quarter of CY 2017
Well, T1/T2 suppliers have already started to receive firm orders for various components of Compass (codenamed - 556).

Total 2500 cars in May, Jun and July combined and 3500 Cars per month from Aug (all approximate figures). Are they planning to start export first before launching it in India ?

Last edited by Moto_Hill : 10th February 2017 at 10:27.
Moto_Hill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 16:15   #87
BHPian

On Sunday went for a ride to Aamby Valley. Saw a compact SUV in camouflage, along with a White Grand Cherokee. Sorry. No pictures as my phone flamed out
Old 15th February 2017, 14:22   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Compass will have a comprehensive line up - Petrol, Diesel, 4x4 and Auto variants for India. Launching in Q3 -2017.

Quote:
Although the company is tight-lipped about engine details, we believe the diesel will be the Multijet 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine that should put out 170hp and 350Nm of torque. The automatic gearbox, a nine-speed unit, is likely to be paired with this engine. For the petrol Compass, it will be the high-tech 1.4-litre Multiair engine that puts out 140hp. The engine uses a turbocharger and has electro-hydraulic solenoids between the camshaft and the valve to achieve precise variable timing
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th February 2017 at 14:26.
Old 15th February 2017, 14:34   #89
BHPian

I am waiting for the prices!!! It will telll me if I am buying it now or later. Mostly later is what I expect what with the prices expected to be north of 20 Lakhs (OTR)

Regards
Bharath
Old 15th February 2017, 15:46   #90
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Cbatrody
I was at the Jeep showroom
on Sheikh Zayed last Thursday. The chap there clearly told me they are only selling 4x2 Longitude Master Editions. Priced at about 118,000 AED which comes to 21 odd lacs.
No longer are they importing or selling the 4x4 and Trailhawk versions apparently.
Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487153681.226536.jpg
Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487153694.714468.jpg
Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487153706.536677.jpg
Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487153725.449792.jpg
Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487153738.403015.jpg
Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487153749.543330.jpg
Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487153765.042078.jpg
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks