Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2016, 12:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA : Launched in India @ 31.40 lakh

Mercedes-Benz will be launching the 2017 CLA facelift in India on November 30. The new model was revealed globally ahead of this year's New York International Auto Show. It gets some minor cosmetic updates and remains mechanically identical to the model currently on sale in the country.

Updates on the outside include a slightly tweaked front bumper that now houses a larger air dam and air scoops on both sides. The diamond grille is now a standard offering, while the headlights get all-LED treatment. On the sides, the 5-spoke alloys of the current model have been replaced by multi-spoke units, while the rear too gets a tweaked bumper.

The interiors now feature new upholstery options, some chrome detailing on the centre console and a slimmer 8.0-inch freestanding infotainment display.

Powering options will remain the same: a 2.0-litre petrol that churns out 181 BHP and 300 Nm; and a 2.0-litre diesel that develops 134 BHP and 300 Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a 7-speed DCT unit that sends power to the front wheels.

Once launched, the 2017 Mercedes CLA will compete with the Audi A3.

2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA : Launched in India @ 31.40 lakh-2017mercedescla2.jpg

2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA : Launched in India @ 31.40 lakh-download.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 15th November 2016 at 12:44.
dZired is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 14:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: 2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA : Launched in India @ 31.40 lakh

Well, we would have a hard time recognizing the new one from the current car, such is the nature of changes. But I believe the car is already good enough and not much changes can be made on it... but to call this a freshening exercise is not fair. Alloy wheels are the biggest change actually
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 21:49   #3
BHPian

One of the few genuinely good looking cars in India. This is an opportunity for Mercedes to correct the anomalies in equipment levels (parking sensors, rear AC vents etc.).

Also a good time to hunt for pre facelift models at a good discount. I am sure demand will be limited with the current 500/1000 rupee note concerns.
Carmageddon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 07:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post

Also a good time to hunt for pre facelift models at a good discount. I am sure demand will be limited with the current 500/1000 rupee note concerns.

Do you mean used or new? I haven't seen used MB /BMW cars on lower resale at least in the company pre owned outlets. Further, there don't seem to be any additional discounts as they claim that demand is not hurt. Maybe they're just posturing. I was trying to hunt for deals since the announcement as i am in the market for a nice car at a good value. I have only 'cheque' money!
Old 30th November 2016, 15:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

re: 2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA : Launched in India @ 31.40 lakh

Mercedes-Benz CLA facelift launched at Rs. 31.40 lakh

Mercedes-Benz has launched the CLA facelift in India at prices starting from Rs. 31.40 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai). This marks the 12th Mercedes launch in the country this year. The facelifted CLA gets cosmetic updates, while the powertrain options remain identical to its outgoing model. It is available in 1 petrol and 2 diesel variants.

2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA : Launched in India @ 31.40 lakh-unnamed.jpg

The facelifted CLA comes with LED headlamps as standard, which replace the bi-xenon units found on the previous model. It also gets the diamond-effect radiator grille and a reprofiled front bumper with added chrome elements. The rear features a new bumper with integrated exhausts and redesigned LED taillights. The car will be available in 5 colour options, including a new Caversite Blue shade.

All variants come with a panoramic sunroof as standard and a new, larger 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also gets minor tweaks to the instrument cluster, which include restyled dials and red needles.

2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA : Launched in India @ 31.40 lakh-unnamed-1.jpg

Engine options include a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol unit that churns out 181 BHP and 300 Nm and a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder diesel rated at 134 BHP and 300 Nm. Both these engines are mated to a seven-speed, dual-clutch automatic gearbox, which sends power to the front wheels. The CLA also gets Mercedes’ Dynamic Select System with four drive modes - Comfort, Sport, Eco and Individual.

Standard safety equipment includes 6 airbags, ABS and ESP. The car has received a 5-star safety rating by EuroNCAP.

Mercedes is also offering a Road & Track package with the new CLA. Priced at Rs 1.72 lakh more than the regular model, it includes racing stripes and red hub caps as well as carbon fibre ORVM housings and spoiler.

2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA : Launched in India @ 31.40 lakh-unnamed-2.jpg

Mercedes-Benz has also announced that there will be one more launch in India this year, which is scheduled for December 2016.

Prices (ex-showroom, Mumbai):

Diesel
CLA 200d Style - Rs. 31.40 lakh
CLA 200d Sport - Rs. 34.68 lakh

Petrol
CLA 200 Sport -Rs. 33.68 lakh

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 30th November 2016 at 15:06.
dZired is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 20:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Do you mean used or new? I haven't seen used MB /BMW cars on lower resale at least in the company pre owned outlets. Further, there don't seem to be any additional discounts as they claim that demand is not hurt. Maybe they're just posturing. I was trying to hunt for deals since the announcement as i am in the market for a nice car at a good value. I have only 'cheque' money!

Hi there, sorry for a very delayed response. I meant good discounts on new pre-facelift cars. When I was looking around in July/Aug there were already very good deals. News of the impending facelift was already out.

Not sure whether the used market for CLA is affected since there is limited supply at this time.

All the best for your hunt.
Old 30th November 2016, 20:51   #7
BHPian

Re: 2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA : Launched in India @ 31.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Mercedes-Benz has also announced that there will be one more launch in India this year, which is scheduled for December 2016.
When they say one more launch for this calendar year, do they mean the E-class?
Old 30th November 2016, 22:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post
Hi there, sorry for a very delayed response. I meant good discounts on new pre-facelift cars. When I was looking around in July/Aug there were already very good deals. News of the impending facelift was already out.

Not sure whether the used market for CLA is affected since there is limited supply at this time.

All the best for your hunt.
What kind of discounts were you getting on the CLA? IIRC, you bought the 320d, I don't remember if you considered the petrol or the diesel CLA..
Old 30th November 2016, 23:02   #9
BHPian

I am certain it's the "C43 AMG" when we wanted a C250d with memory seats that's the option that was given to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
When they say one more launch for this calendar year, do they mean the E-class?
MercedesGirl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 07:45   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
What kind of discounts were you getting on the CLA? IIRC, you bought the 320d, I don't remember if you considered the petrol or the diesel CLA..
Hi Abhi - you are right I did eventually buy a 320d. However I did seriously consider the CLA petrol as well.

At that time the discount on Mumbai OTR was 6+ lakhs. So on road around 35-36 Lakhs (don't exactly recall).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks