Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2016, 11:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Maruti Ciaz facelift coming in April 2017

According to media reports, Maruti Suzuki will be launching the facelifted Ciaz sedan in India in April 2017. It is expected to come with cosmetic updates and more features, while remaining mechanically identical to the current model. Reports also suggest that, with the facelift, Maruti might move the Ciaz to its NEXA dealership network.

Cosmetic updates are expected to include a new front grille, tweaked bumper and the addition of LED daytime running lights. The sedan might also come with a new set of alloys, while the top variant is likely to get an electronic sunroof. Meanwhile, the interiors might get a few feature additions including a new infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay.

The Ciaz is currently offered with a 1.3-litre diesel engine, rated at 89 BHP and 200 Nm of torque that also gets the SHVS mild-hybrid technology. Petrol variants are powered by a 1.4-litre unit, generating 91 BHP and 130 Nm of torque. Both these engines are paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox, while a 4-speed auto is also on offer with the petrol.

Though no official revelation has yet been made, speculations point towards the possibility of Maruti offering the SHVS system in the petrol variants as well. Additionally, the possibility of the 1.6-litre diesel engine from the S-Cross being borrowed has not been ruled out either.

Source: GaadiWaadi

Rumour: Maruti Ciaz facelift coming in April 2017-2017marutisuzukiciazfaceliftindia696x488.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
dZired is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 12:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Maruti Ciaz facelift coming in April 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

Additionally, the possibility of the 1.6-litre diesel engine from the S-Cross being borrowed has not been ruled out either.
Personally, I think this "Rumoured Update" must be the most significant and probably a game changer.

I have never really like the Ciaz to being with, but it offers exemplary interior space and utility.

My only 2 requests on the 2017 Facelift will be:

- Get those Wiper Nozzles out of the bonnet and hide them
- Offer a better set of OEM rims and DO GIVE the 320 DDiS as an optional variant
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 12:34   #3
BHPian

Ciaz to me has always been the most practical car in the segment. Few of my friends own a Ciaz and I've been in this car a lot and have nothing to complain about. The only gripes I have towards this car are the borrowed touches of the Swift which really feels dated now and the boring engine options, which led me to get the City. If Maruti can finally overcome these with the facelift, the Ciaz might just find a spot in my garage.
Ruchir031 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 13:40   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

True when i picked the Vento TSI, only reason i overlooked the Ciaz was the boring choice of engines it offered. If they had a good engine option available, i would have picked it in a jiffy. As pointed above it is a very spacious car, and well thought of features.

Electric sunroof in a maruti car, that would be a first i think(if we discount Kizashi)
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 14:07   #5
BHPian

Maruti is anyway importing the 1.6 for the S-Cross, they might as well use it in the Ciaz and that way they will have more volumes and might be able to build or assemble it locally do it in combination with Fiat+Tata taking into account all their volumes.

The Ciaz is already in the higher tax bracket, so apart from the extra cost of the bigger engine there should be no impact.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 14:18   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
The Ciaz is already in the higher tax bracket, so apart from the extra cost of the bigger engine there should be no impact.
Ciaz D is in the lower tax bracket thanks to SHVS. But yeah, agree with you, the Ciaz does deserve the 1.6 motor.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 14:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Ciaz D is in the lower tax bracket thanks to SHVS. But yeah, agree with you, the Ciaz does deserve the 1.6 motor.
If they have integrated SHVS with the 1.3 DDIS, couldn't they do the same with the 1.6?
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 10:04   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Don't overlook the very shrewd timing of the Ciaz facelift. It's timed to go bang against the Honda City facelift - related thread.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 10:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't overlook the very shrewd timing of the Ciaz facelift. It's timed to go bang against the Honda City facelift - related thread.
In my opinion the Ciaz outsells the City (and the Verna) not due to its own absolute merits but due to the loop holes in perfecting the City and Verna. The upcoming facelift of the City and the Verna are expected to address these loop holes. Once these refreshed / updated cars are out in the market, the Ciaz might have to be put on ventilators for survival.

Good that MSIL have pulled up their socks at the right time and are making attempts to address the issues associated with Ciaz, simultaneously with Honda and Hyundai, before it’s too late to reclaim the market share.

It’s a kind of "prevention is better than cure" strategy.

Maruti Ciaz facelift to get bigger engines, shift to Nexa - posts moved to a new thread.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th December 2016 at 15:18.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed