Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 13:07   #16

Re: Ford India silently updates the Figo/Aspire Trend variants with ABS + EBD

Hi All,

I had recently bought Baleno Petrol Delta. Before that I had almost finalised Ford Figo Aspire Trend, left it just because it did not had ABS. And advised the sales guy to give this feedback to the company that if the Trend model would have had ABS, I would have bought it. Looks like Ford is learning from customer feedback.

Regards,
Atul Aggarwal
akabhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 13:17   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Good move by Ford. Nice to see that manufacturers are now moving towards making ABS also standard. For a period of time, the focus was only on making Airbags standard. While that was definitely a good move, hopefully making ABS also standard may help avoid some of those accident scenarios itself.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 13:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

What Ford has done here is NOT added ABS with EBD to the trend variant, but instead just removed the Trend variant and now only offers Trend (O) variant.
Previously both were separate models and had a price difference of ~ 14k OTR.

I believe this is the reason for the silence.
vinit.merchant is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 14:27   #19
BANNED

Any ways, Ford has now actually made the Trend variant a bit justifiable. Trend was VFM only before the Titanium trim got the massive price correction. Since the price correction in Titanium, it was the Titanium variant which became tremendous VFM all of a sudden with a lot to offer over the Trend.

So now, the only difference between Trend and Titanium trims is alloy wheels, fog lamps, rear defogger, rear wash wipe and front chrome grille along with minor feature differences. Else initially it was ABS+EBD too in the list of differences, and the price difference after the price cut in Titanium trims was hidden to none.
VKumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 16:10   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Come on Ford, you are not removing ABS from your car to save some costs, its okay to tell it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
It looks like Ford have either exhausted their marketing budget or they do not want to disturb the existing marketing program.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
The first rule of Ford club is to not talk about Ford club.
Seriously guys!!

Car companies send press releases even when they hire a new chef in the kitchen, so that's not the case here. It's basically the time gap (and big car companies are painfully slow) between a small update & the press release being sent out.

So many times, we've seen a new thread by an eagle-eyed BHPian who's the first to spot a change, with the press release coming days later. I'm sure it will in Ford's case too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
For example, the Fiesta has some sort of a simple regenerative braking system that is used to control the way the alternator charges the battery by taking the load off the engine during acceleration.
Let's please call this 'smart alternator' and not 'regenerative braking'. It's become more or less standard in premium cars now.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:06   #21

Posting in a somewhat old thread, but I think my query is relevant.

What will be the resale value of a Figo Titanium 1.2L Petrol MT, say around 5 years from now?

About to book one this week after a lot of research ( most of it from Team-BHP )
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider_kaush View Post

What will be the resale value of a Figo Titanium 1.2L Petrol MT, say around 5 years from now?

About to book one this week after a lot of research ( most of it from Team-BHP )
It will be definitely less then some of other rivals. If you have liked Figo, instead of Petrol, you can try Diesel.

If the car is popular amongst 1st time buyers, it will fetch well in Used Car Market.

Best Examples - Innova/Swift/City/Ecosport/Dzire/XUV5OO etc.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:21   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
It will be definitely less then some of other rivals. If you have liked Figo, instead of Petrol, you can try Diesel.

If the car is popular amongst 1st time buyers, it will fetch well in Used Car Market.

Best Examples - Innova/Swift/City/Ecosport/Dzire/XUV5OO etc.
I agree that 1.5 TDCi is just awesome, but I am limited by my budget(~7 Lakhs OTR) and usage(weekend drives in city and occasional long trips~100-200km).
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:

If you're concerned about resale, buy a Swift/Baleno.

The new Figo petrol doesn't excel at anything other than space. It has poor performance, average build quality, average handling, average interiors, below par safety (as per GNCAP) etc.

While the Marutis (mentioned above) too suck at most of the things mentioned above, the petrol engine's performance is way better in them. The resale value would be much better too.

Pick the Baleno if you want space (the newer lot may have better safety due to strengthened chassis)
Pick the Swift if you want handling and can sacrifice the space (safety of airbag equipped variants should be comparable to that of a Figo with 2 airbags)

If you really want the Figo, look at the diesel.

Last edited by theredliner : 22nd March 2017 at 14:25.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What will be the resale value of a Figo Titanium 1.2L Petrol MT, say around 5 years from now
Can't look into the future and hence difficult to answer the question.

But if it is of any help, Bhpian Porschefire has recently purchased a seven year old barely run first gen Ford Figo 1.2 Exi for just 2.3 lakhs. That should give you a rough idea!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-fiesta-9.html

Fords in India are not known to command good resale value. But that's beside the point.

Please test drive the car extensively before jumping the gun. The 1.2 petrol is not known to be a very enthusiastic motor.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks