Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2017, 17:41   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

NEXA Ciaz's Accessories brochure is out!

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-3.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-4.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-5.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-6.jpg

Ciaz_Accessories_Brochure_4.pdf

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 15:06   #167
BANNED

Source: http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...units/58455042

It seems the shifting to Nexa has helped Ciaz. Maruti sells 7K units of Ciaz in April! Never expected it will sell this much after this shift - was expecting a decline, or maintaining the usual 5K levels.
Old 1st May 2017, 18:40   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

It seems the shifting to Nexa has helped Ciaz. Maruti sells 7K units of Ciaz in April!
And with those numbers CIAZ bags the crown as the largest selling Sedan in April 2017. Honda City falls way behind with 5948 units.

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st May 2017 at 18:41.
Old 4th May 2017, 14:31   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

The side sections of the panel (in this case - the door of the Baleno) which will see hinges being fitted in the next step, are more thicker than the rest of the door panel. This helps in significant and effective weight reduction, while maintaining the structural integrity of the car and also helps in improving FE numbers. The tensile strength of the steel used in the Baleno is also the highest among all cars in it's class.

I am told that after shifting to Nexa, the Ciaz has also been shifted to this welding system and now uses high-tensile steel too, and the Ciaz is now structurally more sound, robust and safer than before. The new Nexa-specific Ciaz will fare MUCH better in crash tests than the earlier Ciaz, which was sold out from regular Maruti dealerships.

Also, Maruti-Suzuki is well aware of the upcoming BSNCAP norms, and all future offerings from the company will be more safer and crash-test compliant than the present-gen lineup.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-baleno-welding.jpg  

Last edited by navin : 4th May 2017 at 16:24. Reason: as requested
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 15:20   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am told that after shifting to Nexa, the Ciaz has also been shifted to this welding system and now uses high-tensile steel too, and the Ciaz is now structurally more sound, robust and safer than before.
Why safety a second preference for regular showroom cars? Maruti has to do this for its entire range of cars irrespective of the showrooms from which it is selling.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 15:32   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why safety a second preference for regular showroom cars?
The information what you have read is not having the full picture and not related only to NEXA cars. Maruti Suzuki is gearing up for the upcoming safety norms and is upgrading their cars meeting the same.

As reports indicate, Vitara Brezza, S Cross, Baleno, Ignis, Ciaz and Ertiga meet the standards.

Report dated Feb -17

Quote:
The recently launched Ignis meets advanced safety requirements before regulations are introduced in India. Like the Vitara Brezza, the Ignis was also tested and evaluated at the crash labs and proving ground at the R&D Centre at Rohtak.

At its launch in January 2017, all variants of Ignis were officially certified for all advanced safety norms on offset, side impact and pedestrian safety.

Also, over the past few months, other models like the S-Cross, Ciaz, Baleno and Ertiga have been tested and certified by official homologation agencies for advanced safety regulations on offset, side impact and pedestrian safety.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 15:47   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am told that after shifting to Nexa, the Ciaz has also been shifted to this welding system and now uses high-tensile steel too, and the Ciaz is now structurally more sound, robust and safer than before.
Firstly, I would like to apologize, because I do have great regards for your posts and your contribution to this forum, and I am going to do some nitpicking.

Firstly, this TWB welding was present also in Ciaz which sold through normal MSIL outlets. The picture below shows the same, when Team BHP visited their Manesar facility.

Quoting from that thread:

Quote:
The panel needs to be stronger along the hinge where it will be joined to the body, and therefore a weld line is seen on the door. The panel thickness along the side of the hinge is greater than on the rest of the door panel. This is courtesy of the tailor welding machine:
Ciaz rear door panels, as clicked in July 2016
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-dsc03138-large.jpg
Zoom to see the TWB welding line
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-dsc03134-large.jpg

Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4018762

Quote:
This is how the TWB welding is done on a Nexa-specific offering from Maruti (a door section of the Baleno):
These panels aren't from Baleno IMO. They are of Ciaz. Have a look at the straight window line of the Ciaz, vs the swooping ones of the Baleno. Also the window shape suggests its of the wider Ciaz, than the Baleno.

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-dsc03136-large.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-maruticiaz01.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-marutibaleno02.jpg

Sorry once again.

Best regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 16:10   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Firstly, this TWB welding was present also in Ciaz which sold through normal MSIL outlets.
TWB welding using high-tensile steel - not present in the erstwhile Ciaz.

Quote:
These panels aren't from Baleno IMO. They are of Ciaz. Have a look at the straight window line of the Ciaz, vs the swooping ones of the Baleno. Also the window shape suggests its of the wider Ciaz, than the Baleno.
Doubly confirmed from my source who took the snap at the plant - it's from the Baleno, and the door frame in the pic is angular, not straight. The close-up pic might seem otherwise.

Also, the Baleno's door frame has more spot-welding marks than the Ciaz, as can be seen in the pic posted by me.

Quote:
Sorry once again.
No need to apologise, Shashi.

We are all here to share information, not to score one-up against one another and then stand back and clap in glee.

If I am wrong, I will stand corrected. I apologise if I am wrong too, or the information given out by my sources is wrong.

Not the first time I have publicly apologised in Team-BHP.

Quote:
Why safety a second preference for regular showroom cars? Maruti has to do this for its entire range of cars irrespective of the showrooms from which it is selling.
Read the last line of my post above.

Safety is now a top priority for all Maruti-Suzuki cars.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th May 2017 at 16:15.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 16:16   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
TWB welding using high-tensile steel - not present in the erstwhile Ciaz.

Quote:
Doubly confirmed from my source who took the snap at the plant - it's from the Baleno

Sir, that picture has been lifted from our TeamBHP's Manesar facility visited thread. Or am I missing something here??

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4018762

Aren't both the pics same??

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-capture.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 16:19   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, that picture has been lifted from our TeamBHP's Manesar facility visited thread. Or am I missing something here??

Aren't both the pics same??
Yes, they are the same.

I apologise. I shall request to have the pic removed from my reply above.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 18:12   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
No engine update with Nexa shift
'S' variant: Possible substitute for RS
Ciaz S now launched. Priced at Rs 9.39 lakh with the 1.4L petrol (manual) and Rs 11.55 lakh with the 1.3L diesel (ex-showroom Delhi).

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-marutisuzukiciazs_827x510_81502948197.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-marutisuzukiciazscabin_827x510_81502948749.jpg

Quote:
Now, this is not the first time that Maruti has introduced sport edition of the Ciaz. In 2015 the company has introduced the Ciaz RS which only came with some minor updates like a small trunk-lid mounted spoiler and updated interior. The new Ciaz S, however, gets several visual updates like a larger rear spoiler, a beefy rear bumper with sculpted lines, and new front and side under spoilers among others. The body colour options remain the same with no new colour options.

The new Ciaz S is based on the Alpha trim and gets all the features offered in the top-spec variant. This means the car comes with features like a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, cruise control and much more. The Ciaz S, in particular, comes with new stylish all-black interiors with leather upholstery and chrome accents for the cabin. Safety features include - dual airbags, seat belt pre-tensioner with force limiter, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX (child seat restraint system).
Source: CarAndBike

Last edited by Senna4Ever : 17th August 2017 at 18:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks