Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2016, 00:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

Will the present white body / chassis support 1.6 MJD; I have driven Ciaz and dropped the idea of buying it after extensive / multiple test drives of SHVS ZDi.

I doubt if the present steering and accompanying body can manage the kind of torque produced by 1.6 mill; the numbers on papers will look good to buyers yet with those kinds of bhp and torque figures, I would like to see a FIAT or a VW body shell and all four disc brakes and not what is being offered to the customers as of now.

1.6 makes a good case for retuning / aftermarket treatment to improve upon the numbers; which can further make it a risky preposition.

Last edited by i74js : 7th December 2016 at 00:07.
i74js is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 04:38   #17
BHPian

If Dzire happens to be a 4+m car, then I think it would help all to have Dzire as the "new Ciaz" with the 1.3 mill and upgrade the Ciaz to 1.6 mill. After all we "mortals" would also get to taste the 1.6 juice.
Old 7th December 2016, 09:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Will the present white body / chassis support 1.6 MJD; I have driven Ciaz and dropped the idea of buying it after extensive / multiple test drives of SHVS ZDi.

I doubt if the present steering and accompanying body can manage the kind of torque produced by 1.6 mill; the numbers on papers will look good to buyers yet with those kinds of bhp and torque figures, I would like to see a FIAT or a VW body shell and all four disc brakes and not what is being offered to the customers as of now.

1.6 makes a good case for retuning / aftermarket treatment to improve upon the numbers; which can further make it a risky preposition.
Agree on the point you have made. Plonking the 1.6 DDiS engine onto the current Ciaz set-up is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion as well. On the other hand, MSIL should consider curbing the Ciaz being used as yellow boards. In the area that I reside in, I find 5 Ciazs in which 3 are yellow boards! I definitely would not like to be in such a situation with my car especially after paying close to 12 lakhs.
Old 7th December 2016, 12:02   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Ciaz is so under-powered by segment standards; I'm happy to read about the news. That said, make no mistake = even with a 1.6L, the Ciaz isn't going to be exciting to drive. The steering & handling can put a driver to sleep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
In an attempt to price Ciaz 1.6 competitively, Maruti is considering to plonk SVHS and enjoy tax benefits.
Maruti managers are so stingy that they'll fight with their grandmother for 10 rupees. A company with such brutal cost targets will never let go of SHVS benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Only the 1.6MJD Variant of Ciaz is speculated to be retailed through NEXA!
I don't see this happening. It'll lead to confusion in the market and is a move never seen before in the auto industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
doesn't it mean that the new Dzire is a +4m vehicle?
No chance. This compact sedan sells 17,000 - 18,000 units each month, and its competitive price is a huge contributing factor. Maruti won't let go of the sub-4 meter sedan segment.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 13:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

With 1.6 S-Cross flopped, and the unbelievable AṚAI mileage figures of Ciaz being prominently highlighted and the sales figures of Ciaz being good enough to call it a success, I have my serious doubts that the 1.6 variant would have many takers.

But the more powerful engines would bring that feel good factor and there would be many buyers who would 'wait' for 1.6 version to become flop and then they would lap it up with massive discounts. So Maruti has to offer it via 'made to order' route.
Old 7th December 2016, 13:16   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No chance. This compact sedan sells 17,000 - 18,000 units each month, and its competitive price is a huge contributing factor. Maruti won't let go of the sub-4 meter sedan segment.
But won't GST have effect on this? Maybe we might not have anymore sub-4 meter segment considering the way taxation is being planned. If a sub-4 meter compact sedan and a full size sedan have same tax benefits or taxation policies, then it blurs the difference. In that situation, moving Ciaz to Nexa makes a lot of sense. Basically Maruti will have 2 separate channels to get customers. And at the end, Maruti walks away with all the moolah, be it from regular showroom or Nexa. Maybe GST could be a reason why Ciaz may come after April?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 7th December 2016 at 13:18.
Old 7th December 2016, 14:07   #22
BHPian

I have serious doubts on the CIAZ 1.6 DDiS ever becoming a reality. As we are all aware MSIL is presently developing 1.5 Diesel and Petrol engines with both slated to be launched sometime by Apr '18. So plonking this 1.6 DDiS in-between does not make sense at all. Also the 1.6DDiS with its massive torque would require a full re-engineering of the CIAZ chassis and frame. That is far too much expense for very little gain.

Thoughts please.

Last edited by vijit.gangwar : 7th December 2016 at 14:08.
vijit.gangwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 14:22   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijit.gangwar View Post
I have serious doubts on the CIAZ 1.6 DDiS ever becoming a reality. As we are all aware MSIL is presently developing 1.5 Diesel and Petrol engines with both slated to be launched sometime by Apr '18. So plonking this 1.6 DDiS in-between does not make sense at all. Also the 1.6DDiS with its massive torque would require a full re-engineering of the CIAZ chassis and frame. That is far too much expense for very little gain.

Thoughts please.
Suzuki's own 1.5 diesel engine plan has got delayed. According to my source, Suzuki's first attempt of 2 cylinder diesel engine in Celerio is a total failure.

Ciaz 1.6 is confirmed. The birdie has seen it in person. But he is not sure about launch date. I will post more information when I personally meet him next week .
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 14:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

I don't quite agree that the Ciaz is unable to handle the 1.6 DDIS. Yea agree its not in league of the S-cross but its not bad as the earlier Verna. After all the Verna has had a powerful 1.6 diesel all the while doing duty on a pretty poor chassis that made it a pretty poor handler without any trouble.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 17:22   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ciaz will get ABS as standard across all it's variants from mid-2017 onwards and it's lineup nomenclature will change from VXI/ZXI to Delta, Sigma, Alpha & Zeta as Maruti-Suzuki prepares to shift the bestselling C-segment sedan to it's Nexa outlets, reports Overdrive.

Quote:
As a part of 2017 update, Maruti Suzuki is all set to make ABS as a standard feature on all variants of the Ciaz by mid-2017.

With an increasing focus on safety, Maruti Suzuki recently introduced ISOFIX mounts for child seats as a standard feature across all variants of the Ciaz. In 2017, Maruti Suzuki will also be shifting the Ciaz from its regular dealerships to the more exclusive Nexa network. The variant naming of the Ciaz will also be changed to Delta, Sigma, Alpha and Zeta. Both these changes apply on every vehicle sold through the Nexa network.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 11:23   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
But won't GST have effect on this?
The GST will continue to reward compact cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Suzuki's own 1.5 diesel engine plan has got delayed. According to my source, Suzuki's first attempt of 2 cylinder diesel engine in Celerio is a total failure.
I'm sure the poor response to the Celerio diesel scared the heck out of Maruti! Getting a 2-cylinder diesel in a passenger car was too much of a gamble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I don't quite agree that the Ciaz is unable to handle the 1.6 DDIS. Yea agree its not in league of the S-cross but its not bad as the earlier Verna.
I agree with you in part. As an example, for a sedate driver, the 1.6L will help him accelerate from 80 - 100 kmph quicker. Among other things, it'll make overtaking safer. More power is always welcome, even in cars that aren't corner carvers.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 11:34   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Confirmed

Training ongoing for Maruti Suzuki SA's ( Nexa ) for Ignis , Ciaz 1.6 diesel and Baleno RS.

Ciaz 1.6 MJD will move to Nexa . Not sure of other varaints though.

Ignis Petrol Variant in ASG.

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th December 2016 at 11:50.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 11:40   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Ciaz is so under-powered by segment standards; I'm happy to read about the news. That said, make no mistake = even with a 1.6L, the Ciaz isn't going to be exciting to drive. The steering & handling can put a driver to sleep ..
And then there is that rather limited 4 speed TC/AT box. In this day and age offering 4 speeds in this category is sad.
Old 8th December 2016, 12:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Confirmed

Training ongoing for Maruti Suzuki SA's ( Nexa ) for Ignis , Ciaz 1.6 diesel and Baleno RS.
Ignis Petrol Variant in ASG.
So, no 1.5L petrol in Ciaz? And, what does ASG stand for?
Quote:
It should be read as AGS (AMT), typo error
No problem, and thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by Su-47 : 8th December 2016 at 12:24.
Old 8th December 2016, 12:20   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
So, no 1.5L petrol in Ciaz? And, what does ASG stand for?
1.5L petrol is there, not confirmed by RM. 1,6 Confirmed for Nexa

It should be read as AGS (AMT), typo error

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th December 2016 at 12:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks