Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2017, 10:17   #76
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

Both MASS Sales Mgr and Nexa RM told my dad that Ciaz is shifting 'as-is' to Nexa without changes. Meaning same engines.
1.6 is an import and not cost effective. Maruti suzuki have not imported any 1.6 engines with enough volumes for Ciaz. S-cross 1.6 sells as a very small percentage of the ~2100 it sells monthly. So 1.6 is not a possiblity for Ciaz anyway. They only imported some 1000 odd engines in 2016.

No engine changes to Ciaz in 2017 is what I hear from reliable sources. However rumors of 1.6 persist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Ciaz was always future regulation compliant. It was built that way. What we now see is just the addition of ISO FIX and the results of confirmatory test.
And the Boosterjet news is alternative facts. The 2018 Ciaz will get a 1.5L oil burner from K-series family along with a home brewed 1.5L diesel engine.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 15:57   #77
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big shoutout to Sai V S for sharing this information. Thank you!

Quote:
Dear Team,

I have booked my Ciaz - Diesel at ABT Maruti, Chennai. I managed to book a vehicle that was already available with the dealer as a holding stock.

Enquired with all the dealers at Chennai and the response from all is that Maruti has stopped taking any further bookings, and eventually they expect the bookings to be renewed through Nexa in a month's time.

Luckily had a vehicle with my colour preference at ABT, Chennai and went ahead to book it. Just managed to do a pre-registration check with the vehicle and noticed that the badges were similar to Nexa kind of badges.

Checked the VIN number and it was a Feb 2017 vehicle. Also checked some Jan 2017 vehicles in the showroom and all carry the normal old badging. Assume they have started the new badging from Feb.

Customers can bargain and get some good deals on the stocks available with the dealers as I did. Also, dealers claim that Maruti is planning to introduce a 1.5L petrol engine (no changes with the diesel versions).

Sharing this information, so that customers looking for a new Ciaz can have an idea.

Thanks,

Sai Vs
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-img_20170226_124823.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-img_20170226_124839.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-img_20170226_124852.jpg
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 11:29   #78
BHPian

Ok,
My dad checked with MS showrooms in BLR.
- They are taking bookings for Ciaz and they will get delivered in 30 days. all vehicles delivered will be of Feb/Mar 2017 make and they take 30 days.
- While the car will move to Nexa, for next 2 months, delivery will happen via MS

They said a bigger engine will come in instead of the 1.4 - but the personnel themselves are confused whether it is 1.6 diesel (Don't know how this can happen when MS did not import any diesel engines) or 1.5 petrol. For the time being, same engines remain

MS folks are saying price may rise post Nexa and are trying to expedite bookings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Big shoutout to Sai V S for sharing this information. Thank you!

Attachment 1613715

Attachment 1613716

Attachment 1613717
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:43   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Recent sales figures shows Ciaz is the favorite among diesel while Honda's City trumps Ciaz in the petrol variant. With petrol regaining its market share, will Ciazi regain its lead position with the facelift ( New engine/s) and move to Nexa?

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-33.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd March 2017 at 21:46.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 10:26   #80
BHPian

MS showroom confirmed to my dad that new Ciaz is coming with new bumpers and redesigned front grille. But he says it is 7 months away and new engines will be in as well.

Apparently they have a 20K consumer offer (up from 10K) and 40K exchange running this month. Mods: Please move to the "latest car offers" section if this is not the right thread.

All this says something new is happening with the Nexa Ciaz. The MS showrooms might be saying the new design is several months out to ensure current bookings are not affected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Ok,
My dad checked with MS showrooms in BLR.
- They are taking bookings for Ciaz and they will get delivered in 30 days. all vehicles delivered will be of Feb/Mar 2017 make and they take 30 days.
- While the car will move to Nexa, for next 2 months, delivery will happen via MS

They said a bigger engine will come in instead of the 1.4 - but the personnel themselves are confused whether it is 1.6 diesel (Don't know how this can happen when MS did not import any diesel engines) or 1.5 petrol. For the time being, same engines remain

MS folks are saying price may rise post Nexa and are trying to expedite bookings
Old 6th March 2017, 18:47   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki RS (Road Sport) line up for Nexa ? Speculated to have one more car coming soon. Will it be the Ciaz in the boosterjet variant?

Quote:
The Ciaz ZXi+ manual is priced at Rs 9.36 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), which leaves Maruti Suzuki enough room to onboard the 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine on it without going too overboard on the price chart. So, the Boosterjet equipped Ciaz will not only add value to the car’s variant line-up but will also remain price competitive
Link
Old 8th March 2017, 10:26   #82
BHPian

Answer is 'no'. They are looking to plonk a 1.5 L Petrol in the Ciaz. There were rumours of 1.6 diesel as well.

Ciaz Vxi+/Vdi+ will become Sigma, Ciaz Zxi/Zdi zeta and Ciaz Zxi+/Zdi+ Alpha. The facelift is still a few months away and will come with minor updates to bumper, front grille and few changes in the top version like sunroof, cruise control,...etc

First time I am hearing about boosterjet in Ciaz and MS showroom contact also says this is not the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki RS (Road Sport) line up for Nexa ? Speculated to have one more car coming soon. Will it be the Ciaz in the boosterjet variant?

Link
Old 11th March 2017, 11:00   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ready to transition to Nexa in April. No changes expected other that the normal badge as seen in cars sold through Nexa.
Nomenclature to follow the Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha pattern,
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-maruti0.jpg
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-112.jpg
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-111.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 14:27   #84
Senior - BHPian

As per reports, there would be no equivalent model for Ciaz in Nexa for ZXi+ AT variant.

What happens to those who book the ZXi+ AT today .. how does Maruti plan to deliver after waiting period of 1-1.5 months?
Old 11th March 2017, 14:37   #85
Team-BHP Support

How come the most premium offering in Nexa after S-cross will have the least features?

The Ciaz currently doesn't have xenon headlights or LED DRL's like the Baleno and S-cross. The Ciaz gets a basic MID vs the Baleno and S-cross. The Baleno gets a colour display MID with a host of information. Ciaz doesn't get Auto headlamps or rain sensing wipers.

Ideally the Ciaz should be the best equipped Nexa car.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 03:24   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
How come the most premium offering in Nexa after S-cross will have the least features?

Ideally the Ciaz should be the best equipped Nexa car.
So true, it's quite an understated and under-rated car.
I hope Maruti throws the proverbial kitchen sink in terms of features into the Ciaz when the facelift is launched.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 13:49   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz will shift to NEXA, is now confirmed by none other than MSIL. Have a look at the URLs below

Notice the words "NEXAEXPERIENCE"
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-1111.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-2222.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-3333.jpg

Other cars which will stay in the MSIL stable, have a different URL(doesn't feature NEXAEXPERIENCE in it)
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-4444.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 15:06   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
[b]Ciaz will shift to NEXA, is now confirmed by none other than MSIL.
The final round of training for Ciaz is happening now. The training is only for Nexa RM. There is no training program for service guys and this rules out the possibility of 1.6 engine in Ciaz for now . Maruti has not told them anything about 1.6 during the present training too. As per my RM, the focus is on SVHS technology and premium features.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 15:33   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
The final round of training for Ciaz is happening now. The training is only for Nexa RM. There is no training program for service guys and this rules out the possibility of 1.6 engine in Ciaz for now . Maruti has not told them anything about 1.6 during the present training too. As per my RM, the focus is on SVHS technology and premium features.
That's sad. If Ciaz doesn't get the 1.6, then I guess the days of that brilliant engine are numbered in India. Maruti not importing any new engines also hint in that direction.

Any new features which can be expected in the NEXA Ciaz??
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 12:40   #90
BHPian

The 1.6 diesel engine in Ciaz was a rumour after all. The engine updates will be the in-house 1.5 petrol and 1.5 diesel engine (that is under development). The 1.5 petrol could be a reality soon.

Premium features most likely Sunroof, cruise control like thought earlier and modified front bumper. Not sure these will be immediately on moving to Nexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks